|John R. Murdock
**** *** ****** **** ***********, Virginia 22152 703.***.**** email@example.com
• Knowledge of and experience with photovoltaics, photoelectrolysis, and semiconductors.
• Knowledge of and experience with the four pillars of sustainability: economic, technical, environmental, and social.
• Demonstrated excellence in communication skills recognizing population diversity, conveying knowledge in a clear and concise manner that allows for both technical and non-technical individuals to appreciate and understand concepts and ideas.
• Enthusiastic about environmentally responsible and sustainable engineering practices.
• Quickly learn and master new technologies in team environments and independently.
• Demonstrated self-motivated achiever.
Education Bachelor of Science, Engineering 2012
James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Virginia.
Minor: Mathematics and Physics
Major: General Engineering
Anticipated conferral May 2012; GPA 3.49
Program Support Analyst, Dept. of Health and Human Services, Washington D.C.
2011 to 2012
• Processed micropurchase orders to obtain various products and supplies for projects.
• Edited and created floor plan drawings in AutoCAD to determine square footage according to BOMA Standards. Discovered $3,800.00 of over spent rent.
• Supervised contractor work on various projects.
• Attended conferences regarding health reform policy and was tasked by the National Coordinator to develop methods of delivering electronic medical health records.
• Developed extensive excel and access databases needed for fiscal year assessments.
• Communicated with several offices and proposed method for developing an automatable database for confidential employee records.
Intern, Office of U.S. Congressman Ander Crenshaw
• One month internship, May to June 2011.
• Attended briefings and caucuses including, but not limited to, those addressing the multiple facets of sustainable engineering, sustainable practices, and general engineering concerns.
• Attended committees of high importance ranging from National Security to Health Care Reform.
• Reported briefing details to congressional staff and provide notes from briefings to legislative analysts.
• Engaged constituents via phone calls, improving oratory and active listening skills.
Capstone Research Project, James Madison University,
2010 to 2012
• Working with a team of fellow students to construct an apparatus to test photoelectrolysis efficiency.
• Researched photovoltaic and semi-conductor materials to develop photoelectrolysis testing apparatus.
• Finished product will serve to standardize a testing method and procedure for optimal voltage output and efficiency in solar hydrogen.
Supplemental Instructor, James Madison University
2009 to 2011
• Merit earned position, resulting from advanced knowledge of mathematics and physics as well as the ability to communicate clearly to individuals expressing varying levels of understanding.
• Presented material to students of varying levels of understanding, and materials of varying difficulty, in alternative ways to allow for improved understanding and appreciation of diverse applicability.
Engineering Technician (Intern), Military Sealift Command, Washington D.C.,
2010 to 2011
• Winter internship serving as an aid to mechanical engineers on a Navy ship,
assisting in the in retrofit of a gymnasium to the existing vessel.
• Developed field experience in engineering drawing, as well as analyzing and nediting the drawings for the chief engineer, working alongside senior engineers.
• Receive and review drawings from third party engineering firm, looking for disparities
• Edited drawings for HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and general structural retrofit to ensure compatibility with existing structure.
• Working in this previously unfamiliar environment allowed for the further development of verbal communication skills and overall versatility as an engineer.
Engineer, Alternative Fuels Vehicle Lab, James Madison University,
2008 to 2009
• Combined theoretical and analytical skills to convert a gasoline powered scooter to electric power.
• Prior to implementation I conducted extensive research on documented experimentation and theory pertaining to electric power, conversion of gasoline to electric power motors, and various practical aspects of solar energy.
• Individual accomplishments in this project include the design of battery holders, construction of electrical components, and the cage in which the motor sat.
Landscaper, Springfield Golf and Country Club, Springfield, Springfield, Virginia
2006 to 2010
Memberships & Commendations
• Society of Automotive Engineers
• JMU Engineering Club
• National Society of Leadership and Success (NSLS)
• Alternative Fuels Lab commendation for work ethic, teamwork, and application of knowledge
Similar ResumesTruck Driver
Purvis, MS - concrete, steven, truck driver, truck, diesel, rig,...Manager Human Resources
Houston, TX - bookkeeper, c.p.a., oilfield, full charge, dental,...MSc Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology
United Kingdom, Wolverhampton - sample, samples, microbiology, biotechnology,...Mechanical Engineer/Superintendent
Indonesia, Batam, Riau - mechanical engineer, hvac, drilling, engineer,...Data Entry Assistant India Real Estate Experience
India, New Delhi, DL - delhi, india, new delhi, operator, entry, incharge,...Human Resources City
Farmington, MI - nurse, inspector, mortgage, writer, dow, mi,...Customer service / sales
India, Gurgaon, HR - delhi, india, dehradun, pvt ltd, officer, female,...Manager Java Management Business Software Financial
Mahwah, NJ - java, nj, solidworks, counselor, labview, vincent,...Electrical Engineering
Plano, TX - engineer, electrical, design engineer, voltage,...Administrative Assistant/Executive Assistant/Medical Transcriptionist
San Diego, CA - radiology, transcriptionist, pathology, physician,...