Glendora, CA 91741 626-***-****
Manufacturing Operations Manager with extensive expertise in manufacturing and distribution. Experience in bakery, frozen food, deli and meat environments. Highly knowledgeable in all facets of operations including budget, cost reduction, implementation of new program and systems, safety, and process improvement. Core competencies include:
• Distribution Efficiencies
• Inventory Management
• Quality Control • Facilities Planning
• Sanitation Systems
• Regulatory Compliance
UNIFIED GROCERS, INC., Los Angeles, CA 1980 - 2011
Plant Manager- Bakery Division 2007 - 2011
Managed day-to-day operations including production, maintenance, warehouse, shipping and sanitation. Accountable for operating budget, including reports and presentations. Coordinated Employee Safety Program with focus on accident free environment and OSHA compliance.
• Received AiB superior rating for the plant operations.
• Improved inventory control by implementing lot control system that more accurately tracked finished goods; reduced raw material costs by 20%.
• Reduced number of accidents from 5 to 1 in any given 6-month period.
• Reduced operational costs by $100,000 by implementing a vendor bidding process.
• Liaison to potential customers, management team, union representatives, suppliers / vendors and regulatory agencies.
• Developed and implemented cross training program that lessened the impact of change, and reduced overtime from 20% to 12%.
• Maintained high levels of production while challenged with warehouse space restrictions.
Night Operations Manager, Frozen Food, Deli, and Meat Divisions 1995 - 2007
Logistics Manager overseeing all aspects of shipping, replenishment and outbound process.
• Led project that installed an automated paperless ERP system that provided real time order information and reduced order selection staff from 150 to 80.
• Implemented Omni case tracking system for billing and accuracy at Portland Oregon Facility which allowed for traceability of all products and eliminated shrinkage.
• Acted as Supervisor for Bakery Division when coverage was needed.
• Trained peers who subsequently moved into supervisor and management positions.
Supervisor, Frozen Foods, Deli and Meat Divisions 1989 – 1995
Foreman, Frozen Foods, Deli and Meat Division 1980 - 1989
Supervised team and operations. Managed records including attendance and evaluation.
• Meat Operations Lead implemented the set-up of training and development of employees in shipping and receiving department(s) at CSI Modesto
• Established and maintained production and quality control
• Oversaw special shipping / handling requirements for land, sea and air containers for International Division.
Mount San Antonio College, Walnut, CA, Completed AA credit equivalency
California Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo, CA
Coordinator for LA Junior Chamber of Commerce Marshal Volunteers
Northern Trust Open held at The Rivera Country Club, 1989 - Present
Board of Directors, Certified Federal Credit Union, 1995-2010
Customer Service Sales
United States - meat, fresh, cutter, retail store, autocad, retail,...
High School Clerk
Killeen, TX - bakery, deli, meat, prepared, clerk, dispatcher,...
United States - stamping, summer, meat, raw, train, ability,...
United States - meat, hair, tables, sales associate, associate,...
Customer Service High School
United States - meat, packer, star, products, objects, house,...
United States - meat, stock, installer, materials, sanitation,...
United States - meat, microsoft, excel, merchandiser, department,...