VERTELL BENSON**** *. *********
Chicago, IL *
Chicago State University, Chicago IL
• Bachelors of Science in Business Administration; Major: Accounting
• Advanced QuickBooks and Peachtree training and experience.
Accountemps, Chicago, IL Jan -March
• Prepared sales invoices and various shipment related invoices.
• Analyzed insurance contracts for a client ensuring completeness and accuracy.
ZF Lemforder Corporation, Chicago, IL 2011-2012
Accounts Payable Clerk
• Maintain the general ledger, including the preparation of journal entries, account analysis and reconciliations and monthly closing of the books.
• Receives and reviews invoices from vendors, matches documents, codes and batches, assembles voucher packages for approval and processes checks to send to vendors.
• Prepare various daily, weekly and monthly reports for management.
ZF Lemforder Corporation, Chicago, IL 2008-2011
• Performs a variety of tasks assembling front and rear axles on an assembly line.
• Assembles axle components and sub-assemblies at assigned workstation
• Performs all tasks according to blueprint and process specifications.
Yellow Transportation, Chicago, IL 2007- 2008
• Ensure that production levels are met through control of dock operations.
• Monitor production levels and plan staffing needs to work inbound/outbound freight for the terminal.
• Assign dock workers to area of responsibility according to production levels and applicable work rules.
United Parcel Service, Hodgkins, IL 1997- 2007
• Responsible for payroll, coordinating operations, changing flows, time allocations, training, safety, leadership, customer service, problem solving and on time departure.
• Supervised 65 employees and 5 supervisors; responsible for a variety of reports, including service, safety, quality and production reports.