PERFORMANCE CONSULTANT AND TRAINING PROFESSIONAL
Proven record of enhancing employee development at all levels of the organization:
• Strengths in every aspect of maximizing call center representative performance
• Experienced curriculum designer and facilitator for face to face and virtual learning
• Advanced performance consulting skills
• Excels at devising innovative solutions to facilitate change and launch new tools and practices
• Strong project management, process improvement, financial, and managerial background
• Skilled communicator whose ideas on enhancing performance have been adapted globally and across enterprises
• Proficient in leveraging social media for sales, building community, and sharing practices
USAA, San Antonio 2005 – present
Senior Learning Performance Consultant
Identifies and analyzes call center representative performance gaps and their root causes to solve business problems. Collaborates with internal executive clients, project managers, and people officers to assess training needs, create solutions, and implement action plans. Leads enterprise projects to improve processes, increase sales, deliver exceptional customer service, and manage change. Mentors team members in performance consultancy and training practices. Directly responsible for performance enhancement and training of over 600 call center representatives.
• Leads or have led enterprise projects on remote working, sales force readiness, product sales maximization planning, integration of marketing data into member contact practices, and all aspects of onboarding new and retaining current members contributing to a steady increase in employee productivity over the last five years.
• Designed “rapid response” and learning sustainment processes to deliver training for IT launches of new employee tools, introduction of new products, and skill practice; processes and practices rely on alternative methodologies minimizing design resources, time to market, and training time.
• Leverages Human Performance Technology to address gaps in efficient and effective member contact behaviors; consistently resulting in the highest satisfaction and implementation ratings by internal clients.
• Created innovative practice drill model adopted across the enterprise for over 725 call center representatives.
• Conceived and developed annuity product training hailed by management as a significant factor in increasing sales from below to 800% above goal.
• Led .com channel skilling effort for experimental call center in which all 15 of the participating contract workers were eventually offered full time positions due to their enhanced call performance.
Katherine Bourgeois Page 2
In the know, Houston, TX 2003 - 2005
Owner of training, development, and business consulting firm
Created instructional design for web-based training modules, classroom training, and webinars. Built communication, change management, and marketing plans, created and delivered sales training. Consulted to build market share and enhance employee performance for local and international clients.
DBM, Houston TX 1997 - 2003
Training Manager, North America Operations
Led employee performance enhancement for global outplacement firm with 3,000 employees in 240 offices. Responsible for role learning paths and training plans for all new product and service launches.
• Built, from non-existent to comprehensive, “virtual corporate university” with daily one-hour live online events, brief pre-recorded audio slide shows, one-minute clickable daily tips which reduced annual travel costs by over $100k while enabling staff to deliver services more efficiently and effectively.
• Created strategy and facilitated multimedia training process that enhanced staff proficiency in online resources by over 36% in three months; adopted worldwide.
• Led training of contingent nationwide workforce of over 600 consultants in five months cutting training time by half while earning record-breaking quality ratings from clients and sponsors.
• Awards: DBM Spirit Award, Stellar Performer (5 years), DBM Star (twice, highest company award)
Led high-performing team of 42 consultants to deliver executive career transition services. Received awards for best sales and operations office over two years of leadership.
• Built award-winning high-performance team, converting previously unprofitable office to most
profitable in 35 year company history (of 240 offices worldwide) while creating company records in
quality ratings; revenues increased from $2M loss to $19M profit in 18 months.
• Designed and implemented business processes that enhanced revenue, cut staff delivery costs, and
tripled engagement rates; many adopted nation or worldwide.
Technowledge, Houston, TX 1995 – 1997
Co-owner of training, development, and business consulting firm
Managed and marketed firm with over $200,000 in annual fees for soft skill training and business consulting on organizational, employee and executive performance, training, and revenue enhancement issues.
Salazar Bourgeois PC, Houston, TX 1979 – 1995
CPA, co-owner of public accounting firm
KPMG (formerly Peat Marwick Mitchell) 1977 – 1979
CPA, Senior Accountant
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
The University of Texas at El Paso, BBA, Accounting, cum laude, Shell Scholar, SBA Scholar
Successfully completed (in most cases, developed and taught) courses in: leadership, management, professional skills, entrepreneurship, career development, call center dynamics, marketing, business and tax consulting, performance consulting, training, and working with remote populations
Member of ASTD, ISPI
Asheville, NC - stephanie, fixed, tax, monthly, certified public,...
Asheville, NC - child, traffic, janitorial, police, due, retired,...
Customer Service High School
Asheville, NC - detailer, cleaning, vehicles, automobile, vehicle,...
Asheville, NC - record, firm, council, 1992, financial services,...
Asheville, NC - speech, children, list, voice, greenville,...
Quality Assurance Administrative Assistant
Asheville, NC - selected, improve, re, accomplishments, bus,...
Human Resource Assistant
Asheville, NC - resource, human resource, human, hr, valve,...