Fontana, CA ****5
Operations /Procurement / Manufacturing/ Planning & Inventory Control / Product Management
** ***** *****ience in Manufacturing / Distribution. Consistently successful in controlling manufacturing / purchasing cost and improving net profitability. Experienced in all phases of Material Management, Production Planning, Manufacturing, Inventory Management & Distribution. Excellent negotiations and deal-making skills. Key qualifications include
• Budget Forecasting & Strategic Planning • Purchasing / Procurement
• Total Quality Management • Developing Strategic Management
• Cost Analysis & Containment • Cost Reduction
• Plant Operations / Distribution • Quality Programs
• MRP/MPS/MRO/ERP • Domestic & Offshore Purchasing Operations
• Inventory Planning & Control (JIT) • Cycle Count / Audit Procedures
• 5S / Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Kaizen • Human Resources
WOODGUARD – San Bernardino, CA 2005-Present
Manufacturing / Material Manager
• Develop production plan (MRP/MPS) / schedule by coordinating requirements with sales and engineering.
• Monitor and maintain finish goods inventory to satisfy customer requirements while supporting our business objective of inventory cost control.
• Project planning, execution, monitoring and resource balancing, support multiple simultaneous projects in a matrix organizational structure
• Bill of Materials / Blue Prints. Create and maintain all bills of materials for all products and projects.
• Purchasing – Lumber, Hardware, Steel, Packaging, and Plastic Resins
• Issue Purchase Orders and work closely with Finance Department to ensure adherence to budget and financial policies
• Prepare and review contracts, proposals, and vendor agreements for, price, and acceptability of items to specifications and budget planning
• Develop written policies and procedures for all manufacturing areas, In charge of Safety Committee
• Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, and hiring new staff. Responsible for conducting personnel evaluations, implementing training programs, and establishing wage incentives
Achievements: Improved lead-time (delivery date) to customers to 5 days from 10 days, lowered cost 21% on lumber and resin by sourcing new suppliers / products. Improved productivity by 20% by reducing manufacturing downtime and planning. Reduced Inventory Variance from 78% to 98% accuracy.
Orbital Holdings – Fontana, CA 1997 – 2004
Material / Production Manager
• Control master production schedule MRP/MPS, including forecasting and performance and supervise all production departments
• Bill of Materials. Create and maintain bill of materials for all products.
• Purchasing Manager. Steel, and Tubing, Powder Coatings, Paints, Plastics, Wood, and Packaging, Import / Exporting product overseas Asia, Hong Kong, and Mexico, work with cooperate buyer in UK
• Oversee Shipping/Receiving departments. 100% on time delivery record with customers (Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowe’s, BJ’s, Menards, Costco, and Sam’s)
• Inventory Control - manages inventory levels Inbound / Outbound and research inventory variances.
• Control all material throughout plant, production process and production components suppliers via scheduling, material handling, and shipping.
Achievements: Implemented cycle counting and spot-checks, maintained accurate inventory levels at 99.7% five years in a row. Lowered cost in purchasing (Raw Materials) about 35% and labor cost from $2.16 to $1.61 a unit.
Cascade Die Casting (AS400) - Industry, CA 1993 to 1997
• Production Planner. Plan production in three departments monthly
• Shipping/Receiving Supervisor. Made sure deliveries shipped and materials arrived on time.
• Inventory Control. Controlled inventory levels in WIP and FGS and prepared quarterly physical inventories.
• Outside Processing. Dealt with outside suppliers and fabricators.
• Purchasing. Purchased aluminum and zinc materials. Entered receipt of goods and invoices.
Achievement: Improved our delivery shipments to our customers from 80% to 99% on time. Lowered production cost by 16%.
Education and Training
San Bernardino, CA
Complete by 8/2/08 2 exams left passed 3
• CPIM – Certified In Production and Inventory Management
Basics of Supply Chain Management
Master Planning of Resources
Detailed Scheduling and Planning
San Bernardino, CA
• BS, Business Management
Ranch Cucamonga, CA
2002 - 2003
• AS, Business Management
Nogales High School
West Covina, CA
1989 – 1993
Self-starter, Self Motivated, and fast learner
Computer Skills: Word, Excel (spreadsheets), Project, Access, Power Point, Lotus, EDI, AS400, MAS90, MARC, and UPS, Fed Ex system online Crystal Reports.
Forklift Certified, RF Units, Bar-coding
MAS90 - Bill of Materials, Inventory Control, Purchasing, Sales Order, Journals
MRP/ERP, Crystal Reports, Bargaining with Vendors and Suppliers, Cycle Count and Physical Inventories
Management Skills for New Supervisors, How to Handle Multiple Tasks
Furnish upon request.
New York, NY - erp, mrp, oracle, manufacturing, ma, comcast,...
Supply Chain Materials Management
Los Angeles, CA - erp, chain, materials manager, contract,...
Prodution and material planner
Palo Alto, CA - erp, scheduler, oracle, bae, planner, nh, mrp,...
Customer Service Sales
Fontana, CA - furniture, device, store manager, payments, detail,...
Fontana, CA - driver, cdl, otr, van, tanker, dry, op, co,...
Data Entry Medical Billing
Fontana, CA - batching, 1987, rf, crane, switchboard, band, desk,...
Medical Assistant Customer Service
Fontana, CA - receiving clerk, efficiency, reception, ontario,...