BARBARA STRZEPEK, LNHA, MBA** ****** ****
OSSINING, NEW YORK 10562
HEBREW HOSPITAL HOME- Westchester Meadows Valhalla, New York****
– 2011 Continuing Care Retirement Community
Administrator of Record
• 20 SNF beds; deficiency-free surveys 2010 & 2011
• Provide over-site for 10 Enriched Housing Units
Resident Care Services Director
• 120 Independent Living apartments; 5-star rated community
THE GUILD –
HOME FOR AGED BLIND Yonkers, New York
1999- 2008 Associate Administrator
• 219 SNF beds, including 20-bed AIDS unit and 26 bed Alzheimer’s unit; JCAHO accredited
• Computerized Rehab Department statistics through daily training sessions with staff, resulting in expedited billing of services and the more efficient use of staff time.
• Reviewed daily PRI's with Rehab dept. to maximize case mix and Medicare census.
• Updated all departmental policy and procedure manuals to comply with DOH and JCAHO regulations and standards, resulting in passed surveys with minimal deficiencies.
• Reviewed pharmacy billing practices that resulted in refunds to the facility and changes to billing processes.
• Departmental Responsibilities include Dietary, Housekeeping, Rehabilitation, Therapeutic Recreation, Inservice/Infection Control, Administrative staff
• Committee Chair for Environment of Care/Safety Committee, Policy and Procedure Committee
HEBREW HOME FOR THE AGED AT RIVERDALE-
BAPTIST DIVISION Riverdale, New York
1995-1999 Administrator of Record
• 84 SNF beds, 2 respite beds
• Obtained a deficiency-free survey '95-96 by raising the standards of care given by staff through staff work/support groups and resident satisfaction.
• Maintained 98% occupancy consistently.
• Created 2 additional respite beds and the policies associated with Respite Care.
• Negotiated contract disputes with Local 1199 representatives resulting in minimal arbitrations.
• Initiated JCAHO certification preparation
BETH ABRAHAM HEALTH CARE SERVICES Bronx, New York
1993-1994 Administrator-In-Training Program
• Weekend and On-Call Administrator
1991-1995 Authorization Manager
• Start-up computerization of managed care services and careplans
IONA COLLEGE New Rochelle, New York
1991-1992 Adjunct Lecturer
• Health Care Finance
THE WARTBURG HOME Mt. Vernon, New York
1989-1991 Finance Supervisor
• Accounts Receivable Department
FOUR WINDS HOSPITAL Katonah, New York
1988-1989 Administrative Assistant
DUMONT NURSING HOME New Rochelle, New York
1984-1988 Business Office Manager
1990 Iona College New Rochelle, New York
MBA – Health Care Management/Finance
1977 Herbert H. Lehman College Bronx, New York
BA – Education/English Literature
LICENSES NYS NURSING HOME ADMINISTRATOR
Lic. # 04288
NJ NURSING HOME ADMINISTRATOR
NOTARY PUBLIC, State of New York
Lic. # 4913959