web programmer / information architect
Evanston IL 60202-4942
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
"I'm bi-lingual; in addition to computer, I speak English."
* Broad experience designing interfaces for a very wide range of users
* Strong databasing skills, with special concentration on meeting user needs in technically sound and efficient ways
user interface/experience, wireframe, information architecture
MySQL, XML, Visual FoxPro, FileMaker Pro; Dreamweaver
Windows, MS-DOS; linux/UNIX; Macintosh
Consultant; 2005 - present
major clients include:
glocoms, Chicago, IL
12/08 - 5/09
* Developed multi-country, multi-agency, multi-language provisioning system to announce calls for tenders, accept bids, evaluate proposals, and track contract performance.
(drupal, PHP, MySQL, jQuery)
Ariza Resource Center, Bloomingdale, IL
11/08 - present
* Writing custom case-tracking system for psychological treatment center, from diagnosis and treatment plan through final outcome documentation.
duoconsulting, Chicago, IL
8/08 - 9/08
* Wrote a set of objects for inter-machine communication in a distributed system (ping, uptime, average load, etc.).
(PHP, linux, Perforce CMS)
Good Dog Design, Mill Valley, CA
5/08 - 7/08
Neighborhood Housing Services of Chicago, Chicago, IL
5/08 - 6/08
* Overhauled existing class calendar, implementing basic data integrity, preparatory to adding a second calendar page for a second course of classes.
(PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS; information architecture)
Topin & Assoc., Chicago, IL
3/08 - 4/08
(HTML, CSS; Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
Shaker Recruitment Advertising, Oak Park, IL
10/07 - 2/08
* Created expense account tracking system.
* Re-built custom dedicated CMS system for greater efficiency and flexibility.
* Implemented session tracking and logging for a client website.
* Automated periodic reporting, saving an hour or two of programmer time a week.
* Cleaned and streamlined code for several websites.
sandstorm design, Chicago, IL
5/07 - 8/07
* Developed and prototyped user interface for large corporate website redesign, including standards and documentation.
* Coordinated team of three programmers.
Palantir, Evanston, IL
10/06 - 3/07
* Implemented wide range of missing functionality in complex, behind schedule reservations system for a major Chicago cultural institution.
After School Matters, Chicago, IL
3/06 - 8/06
* Revised and enhanced non-functioning report generator, with greater flexibility and efficiency.
* Consolidated and enhanced attendance reporting system, adding new tallies.
* Integrated and re-organized two separate administrative systems into one; rationalized database structure.
(PHP, MySQL, CSS; information architecture, user interface/experience)
tablexi, Chicago, IL
9/05 - 3/06
* Built Algoma Music Camp website ( http://www.algomamusiccamp.org ) including bulletin board and photo gallery.
* Ported in-house time-tracking system to perl/Mason platform; added major enhancements, requiring several new tables, including monthly calendar page.
Senior Programmer/Analyst; 1997 - 2004
Draw Enterprises, Chicago, IL
* Modified, enhanced, and upgraded Visual FoxPro ACCPAC/SBT accounting for multi-million dollar, multi-state company, with responsibility for custom recycling Materials Purchase system: including revisions in file design, system function calls; slipstreaming efficiency and standards compliance revisions; porting customizations through version upgrades, including upgrade to Visual FoxPro.
* Designed and implemented custom 3-level "Master Order" system integrated into existing custom Material Purchase system.
* Designed and implemented Y2K conversion for entire mission-critical system.
(Windows, DOS, UNIX; FoxPRO, Visual FoxPRO, SQL, Crystal Reports; ACCPAC/SBT; Citrix Metaframe; pcAnywhere; information architecture, user interface/experience)
Senior Programmer/Analyst; 1996 - 1997
American Teletronics/Tel One, Chicago, IL
* Streamlined telecomm provider provisioning and billing.
* Continuously enhanced client-server production programs.
* Maintained and upgraded multi-protocol remote mainframe/local micro client-server EDI, including maintenance and upgrades of modem pool.
* Set up DP for new office.
(Windows, DOS; FoxPRO, SQL; pcAnywhere, Sterling Software NDM EDS)
Navistar, Westchester, IL; 1995 - 1996
* Rescued project to produce an ad hoc query client for a critical group of exceptionally PC-skeptical users in a corporate database re-engineering.
Delivered a faster, more flexible system with redesigned and improved user interface and faster, optimized code, on time, from badly conceived and designed project which had been behind schedule.
(Macintosh Hypercard client; DEC VAX server; user interface/experience)
B.S. Computer Science, 1978
Roosevelt University; Chicago IL
Chicago, IL - python, php, java, hibernate, mvc, crawler,...
Chicago, IL - iseries, edi, soa, java, rpg, programmer, c# .net,...
SharePoint Business Analyst
Chicago, IL - pages, sharepoint, vietnamese, web designer, forms,...
.Net Developer Sql Server
Chicago, IL - .net developer, pages, jquery, asp.net, c#,...
Chicago, IL - printed, speak, cover letter, technician,...
High School Training
FPGA/ASIC design and verification
Chicago, IL - verilog, segment, algorithm, combined, fpga, asic,...