|TERRENCE J. WREN
*** ********, ****, ** *****
WELDING ENGINEER / DIMENSIONAL CERTIFICATION ENGINEER
Highly skilled professional with proven leadership abilities offering 20 years of experience in the manufacturing industry. Successfully managed multiple automated programs including Process Engineering for Body-in-White, Weld Engineering for vehicles and crash testing of vehicles.
• Strong ability with electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics, air over oil system.
• Medar Weld controller.
• TWO’s system
• Emhart Self Piercing Riveters
• Allen Bradley PLC 5 family, start-up and troubleshoot relay logic and PLC control systems.
• Job costing, forecasting and management of program budgeting.
• Strategically led Vehicle Prototype Build planning projects
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
7/08-2/09 FACILITIES MANAGER/ENGINEERING LIAISON, Gibbs Technologies, Auburn Hills, MI
Aluminum space frame welding engineer in a manufacturing facility producing amphibious vehicles for domestic and military use. Document build concerns for prototype build; develop and maintain inventory in the manufacturing shop. Coordinated the type of tools and machine equipment needed for the project.
• Achieved certification of MIOSHA,OSHA 300A and MSDS compliance from the state of Michigan.
• Successfully completed electrical wiring of the Ford Edge engine for the amphibious vehicle which was in jeopardy of not being completed on schedule.
• Assigned to study and implement alternate ways to weld aluminum amphibious space frame using Welding Design software Catia V5.
• PPAP (Production Part Approval Process)
• DFEA (Design Failure Mode Analysis)
12/02-12/07 DIMENSIONAL WELDING ENG./VEHICLE BUILD COORD., Porsche Eng/Magna Steyr, Troy, MI
Conducted Body-in-White welding, Catia V4-V5 and provided welding design for future Jeep programs. Provided the customer with the welding process for the Body-in-White C & D segment program. Other achievements:
• Experience in basic statistics and process control in a production environment, strong grasp of SPC concepts. Proficiency in GD&T and good grasp of datum schemes. Background in problem solving and application of problem solving tools. Perform data analysis to identify special and common cause problems. Support plants in root causing dimensional issues
• Body-in-White welding design using, Catia V4-V5 software. Provided welding design for future Jeep programs. Provide the customer with the welding process information for the Body-in-White C & D segment program.
• Other achievements include Build Coordinator on the C & D segment program at Chrysler Corp, vehicle build welding inspector, analyze spot weld quality, fastener projection welds and drawn arc welds.
• Provide data by means of weld teardown of the spot weld, measure the nugget size. Make recommendations to the plant manufacturing engineering to improve upon the welding quality if necessary.
• Prepare weld teardown quality report; provide the detailed information back to the manufacturing engineer.
• Work with the plant personnel to resolve weld process launch issue, review tooling design to gain access with welding guns. Robots reach study for weld tip dressing during production.
• Work with tooling suppliers that they meet all (VOSS) Vehicle Operations Structures Standards.
• Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) the weld tooling before shipping to the production plant.
• Set up weld tooling on the Production plant floor and recertify the weld process again before production run; provide product deliverables to the plant after PPAP and APQP.
• Participated in Design and Manufacturing FMEAs (Failure Modes Effects Analysis)
9/02-12/02 WELDING ENGR. / DIMENSIONAL CERTIFICATION ENGR., PDC, Livonia, MI
Managed the extruded aluminum welding design for the GM “W” car engine cradle.
• Ensured the quality of all mig welds by means of saw cut section.
• Proven inspection of the aluminum weld for proper penetration and quality of the weld.
8/01-9/02 PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR, Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, MI
Supervised union employees while managing the production of hydroform car frames. Directed the process of welding systems for the front and rear rails for the Mercury Grand Marquis and the Ford Lincoln Continental.
• Successfully organized employees on the production line.
• Ford safety and ECPL Lockout programs.
3/99-8/01 SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER, Magna Automotive Testing, Livonia, MI
Managed all controls designs, mechanical design and build of automated testing fixtures. Provided the customer with fixture concept, function, and features; run off of the fixtures on the floor.
• Provided buy-off and shipment of fixture to the customer.
• Actively involved in process controls engineering at the Vehma facility.
12/97-3/99 CONTROLS PROJECT MANAGER, Lamb Technicon, Warren, MI
Directed performance on controls designs for lift and carry transfer systems, control panel build, O.E.M. shop start up/buy off and ship.
• Managed the install of systems in the customer’s manufacturing facility.
5/94-12/97 PROJECT MANAGER, Tesco Engineering, Auburn Hills, MI
Conducted the handling of multiple hemming die and press programs.
• In charge of arranging meetings for product design and coordination of all information between GM and Hirotec in Japan.
1/79-1/83, 3RD CLASS ELECTRICIAN’S MATE, United States Navy, Norfolk, VA
Received training in the electrical field. Assisted in the repairs of nuclear powered submarines, troubleshooting electrical control systems, and motor rewinding.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
1/4/10 – Present, Center for Professional Studies, Troy, MI Design Engineer Program
12/02 – 10/07 Chrysler Training in Catia V4 and V5 (ABF welding software and, BIWASM software).
8/01 - 5/02 Ford Production Supervisor training. / Management training of production workers. Labor relations. Training in Ford Global 8 D. 6 sigma, FMEA and APQP, PPAP,
MEDAR weld Controllers-FANUC-Robotic and manual welding.
Hydro Form of vehicle car frames, mig welding (FANUC MIG Welding)/Medar Weld controller for resistance welding.
Macomb Community College, Warren, Michigan 1/87 - 8/91 Electrical Engineering Technology program, National Electrical Code Course, English and Algebra.
Oakland Community College, Royal Oak, Michigan 1/85 - 4/86 Refresher courses English and Algebra.
Bishop Foley High School – Madison Hts, Michigan – Graduated 6/1978, Received High School Diploma.
Similar Resumesembroidery Designer/Manager /in-charge/supervisor/operator
India, bangalore, KA - wilcom, embroidery, incharge, bernard, punching,...Project Manager Management Sales Engineer Marketing
Westerville, OH - electrical engineers, certified welding inspector,...Engineer Project Manager Mechanical Sales Engineering
Warren, MI - engineer project manager, engineer project,...Welding engineer
United Kingdom, Sheffield, SHF - cswip, qc engineer, wps, presser, pads, ndt,...Entry Level Electrical Engineer
Fraser, MI - entry level, electrical engineer, installer,...Certifed Quality Engineer and Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
Waterford, MI - aec, stampings, system analysis, variant, bsee,...ASQ CQE CSSBB
Waterford, MI - cqe, aec, stampings, system analysis, variant,...Engineer Manufacturing Manager Developer Engineering
Tempe, AZ - kuka, welding engineer, motoman, wps, d1, welders,...Manufacturing Manager
Lemont, IL - flexographic, production operator, resin,...Technician Software High School Service Industrial
Detroit, MI - hi lo driver, lo driver, hi lo, motoman,...