SAP - BA (425) ***-****
Raja *******@*****.***** ***** ** ** **********
in Systems analysis, Development, Testing and Implementation of Client/Server, ERP, CRM and Web based applications, which includes around 05 years of Business Analyst, 01 year of SAP Quality Analyst and 03 years as SAP Technical consultant, ERP, CRM and Web based applications like Java, J2EE, .Net, CRM and SAP using automated tools such as Quality Center, QTP and Test Director
• In depth analysis on understanding business, coordinating with the users and in developing
• Proficient in BI Management and understanding the process between R/3 and BI systems
• Good interactions skills and coordinating with the Developers, Business user’s to get an
desired report as per the business needs
• In depth understanding Functionality on Sales and Distribution, Material Management,
Finance and controlling and Customer Relationship Management
• Extensive exp in using and understanding Bex reports
• Proficient in Manual and Automated software Quality Assurance testing of ERP, Web
and Client/Server Applications
• Expertise in preparing Test plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases for manual and
• Extensive experience in using Testing tools such as Quality Center, QTP and Test Director
• Experience in Black box, White box, Functional, Integration, System, Regression, UI,
Load, Back end, ERP, Interface and Performance Testing
• Understand the composition and functions of the SAP Solution Manager
• Use the tools provided to successfully and efficiently implement SAP solution
• Under Standing the key concepts and components of the SAP Solution Manager
• Extensively used Test Director for Test management and Bug Management.
• Ability to interact with customers with Professionalism.
• Involved in functional testing of SAP SD, HR, MM, FI/CO and CRM modules.
• Process flow and understanding on SAP APO and Supply Chain Management Implementations
• Good in understanding SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle)
Languages : Java, Java Script, VB Script, JSP, Servlets, J2EE, VB, .Net, ASP,
ERP : SAP R/3, SAP SD, HR, MM, FI/CO, CRM and SAP BW
Testing Tools : Test Director, Quality center and QTP 8.0
Database Server : Oracle Database Server, SQL Server
RDBMS : Oracle 8i/7.x/6.x, Informix and MS-Access.
Operating system : HP UNIX 11.0, Windows NT/XP/2000, and SUN SOLARIS.
Master of Science in Computer Science
Professional Experience for Key Projects
Movado Group Inc., Dec’2007 to Feb’2008
Sr.SAP Business Analyst
Project Description: Movado Group, Inc. designs, manufactures and distributes watches from nine of the most recognized and respected names in Movado, Ebel, Concord, ESQ SWISS, Coach, HUGO BOSS, Juicy Couture, Lacoste and Tommy Hilfiger licensed watch brands and one of the world's premier watch makers
• Administering existing business with customers regarding service issues generating
Sales Releases, Purchase Orders, Inventory and Shipping Documents in SAP and BW
• Strong understanding on Financial flow and application process flow in different levels on different
Reports such as Balance statements, P&L statements
• Worked on in creating Planning strategy for demand planning to give solution on forecasting
Methods with respect to sales
• Worked on in transforming the business needs in drawing and developing the future requirements
• Validated new processes with the business process owners
• Organized and supervised the SAP R/3 configuration based on operations processes
• Analyzed change and update requests
• Identified integration points of external systems to SAP R/3
• Coordinated the execution of tests and integration within the module
• Updated the documentation in accordance with corporate standards
• Discern the right time to implement a specific module based on particular business needs
• Worked on beyond the documentation with practical, real-world best practices
• Strike the balance between business and technical considerations
• Hit the ground running on deployment and learn how to achieve quick wins
• Overcome the challenges an implementation and deployment presents
• Organized and conducted Go Live cutover activities by updating inventory of customer products
• Post Go Live trouble shooting support.
T-Mobile Jul’2007 to Nov’2007
Sr.SAP Business Analyst
Project Description: T-Mobile USA is a national provider of wireless voice, messaging, and data services capable of reaching over 268 million Americans where they live, work, and play.
• Involved in a timely, on budget and successful SAP roll out
• Expert in delivering FI, MM and SD modules solutions to give the
• Analyze and understanding the Business Process from SAP R/3 to SAP BW
• Involved in Writing Test Plan and Test Cases for SAP BW (IC’s, Queries, AWB), BPS and functional
• Familiar in understanding the design specification and writing the scripts
• Involved in Process Testing, Administration Testing and UAT on SAP BW, SD & MM modules
• Conducted site assessments, Gathering customer requirements and working closely with basis
group to configure designs and testing of configurations
• Solving Batch management related issues using SAP BW and created Bex Reports
• Worked on in testing the fields in the cube whether enhanced fields added to the
existing structure is properly generated with data
• Checked whether the data is coming through IDOC’s properly and identified the errors
• Checked the data in the PSA is present as per the data in the source system
• Functional process followed on testing the extractors in AR, AP and GL accounts to give the process
Environment: BW 3.5, R/3 4.7, SD, HR, FI /CO and Quality center
Burbank, CA Aug’2006 to Jun’2007
Sr.SAP Business Analyst
Project Description: The Walt Disney Company is divided into four major business segments
Studio Entertainment, Parks and Resorts, Consumer Products, and Media Networks. Each segment consists of integrated, well-connected businesses that operate in concert to maximize exposure and growth worldwide.
• Analyze and understanding the Business Process
• Involved in checking Plant, Material, Company Code, Sales Org Master Data in R/3
• Involved in checking the R3 Configuration for Data Extraction to BW
• Worked on migrating objects from BW 3.1c to BI 7.0
• Worked on testing the objects in 3.x Data sources and with Emulated Data sources before moving the objects to 7.0
• Worked on testing the reports in the 7.0 to get the Expected result and Actual result
• Worked on testing the objects using Virtual Providers to test the direct Source system data
• Worked and involved in testing the SQL queries and worked on debugging the functionalities
• Involved in checking like Sales doc, Billing doc, and Deliver doc from SD module of R/3 system
• Involved in checking of data flow from Material Master Data with Texts from R/3 to SAP BW with full extraction Option
• Involved in Systems Upgrading testing in various applications
• Involved in checking the data extraction With WAD during report display in web applications
• Experience on checking the data extraction with BAPI interface.
• Test Director used for Test Management and Defect Management.
• QTP 8.0 used for automating the Manual Test Cases for the BW.
• Involved in testing the Bex queries by passing the values to variables in query
• Involved in creating the Test Plan Spec Based on the Functional Spec supplied by the Business users with RFS’s
• Worked on in testing data getting from Generic extractor to fill the data based on Pay period and Weekday and designed the query to display the Employee summary result based on the Pay period
• Involved in testing ABAP code in Transfer Routine and Start Routine for the objects and during data loads
• Worked on testing the timestamp fields populating properly in BW based on the CRM business transaction
• Worked and created test plan to test the timestamp on the user entry and tested in the six reports
• Prepared Doc and involved on in-depth analysis of CRM data to test the data from CRM to BW
• Worked on HR module and tested the data from pay period, Weekday and Employee Summary from HR module are generated properly
• Worked on FI module and tested the data related to Financial reports
Environment: BW 7.0, ECC 6.0, SD, SRM, HR, FI /CO&CRM
Allergan, Inc, Irvine., CA Sep’2005 to Jul’2006
Sr.SAP Business Analyst
Project Description: Allergan, Inc., with headquarters in Irvine, California, is a global specialty pharmaceutical company that develops and commercializes innovative products for the eye care, neuromodulator, skin care and other specialty markets.
• Defined and documented the system landscape for a mySAP.com solution
• Configured and documented project scope and the corresponding business requirements
• Worked on configuration and documentation activities using the SAP Solution Manager as a central platform to all component systems
• Used advanced customizing tools like BC Sets, Customizing Distribution and Consistency Checks
• Organized and executed all project-related testing requirements thru integrated use of the SAP Solution Manager and the SAP Test Workbench
• Worked on problem message handling functions
• Worked on standard reports to support project management activities
• Worked on on-going management of the productive environment using Solution Manager
• Worked on data validation with respect to Pharmaceutical environment
• Created the documents on role wise and module wise like SD, MM, & FI/CO using Solution Manager
• Created the documents with much security emphasization based on users access with Solution Manager
• Worked on integrating between SAP and Non- SAP environment using Solution Manager
• Stored the test process according to sequence of delivery from Start to End using Solution Manager
• Involved in Supply Chain Management configuration testing sequence from one-one and complete SCM process
• Having very deep understanding of Documentation and having good process in analyzing the documentation
• Thorough knowledge on SAP SD, MM & FICO modules flow in SCM Process and implementations
• Involved in Functional Requirements Review and Test Case Review meetings.
• Extensively interacted with Functional, Dev teams, Security teams and End Users.
• Involved in End-to-End, Interface and Security Testing.
• Involved in Creating Test Status Reports using Test Director.
• Excellent communication skills.
Environment: SAP BW 3.5, R/3 4.7, SD, SRM, MM, FI/CO, SCM, Marketing, Sales, ABAP/4, Java, Test Director, Load Runner and QTP.
Mar-Mac Wire Inc., McBee, SC Apr’2004 to Aug’2005.
Sr.SAP Business Analyst
Project Description: Mar-Mac Mfg. was formed in 1953 as a partnership between J. W. Martin, Jr. (Mar) and John S. McLeod (Mac) for the purpose of manufacturing a device called a "diaper" for sealing the joints of concrete pipe. McBee is in the center of the sand hills area that runs from Georgia to North Carolina. The area is known for golf courses and peach trees.
• Involved in system, integration and user acceptance testing and to Provide solution that meets business requirements and deliverables in a timely manner and in budget
• Involved in testing Business Process like Placing an order for goods, Receiving goods at the warehouse, Order fulfillment, Placing an asset in service, Removing an asset from service into collective asset Repository (CAR)
• Prepared and tested test scripts for system testing order to fulfill-inventory & drop ship SO with changes,, order to fulfill PR with changes( SAP or GAMMA),, order to fulfill inventory and drop ship SO(VA), Order to fulfill- Purchase Requisition, order to fulfill SO with changes
• Prepared and tested test scripts for integration testing ATM Program integration test Script,
• Conducted Team meetings and interacted with Dev, Functional Team Leads and End Users.
• Involved in preparing the Estimates for the assigned work.
• Involved in Spec Review, Test Plan Review and Test Case Review Meeting.
• Involved in writing Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Status Reports for SAP Modules like SAP-SD, BW, HR, & CRM projects.
• Involved in preparing Testing environment, Test Data Test Metrics.
• Involved in preparing the testing methodologies and testing Process.
• Involved in the Integration testing, System testing and Regression testing.
Environment: SAP, Reports, PSS, SAP- SD, CRM, HR, BW, APO, CATT, ABAP/4,
Test Director, Microsoft Project and SQL Server 2000
Northwest Pipe Company, Portland, OR May’2003 to Mar‘2004
Project Description: Northwest Pipe Company has been a leading manufacturer of welded steel pipe. The Company owes its 30+ years of success to an outstanding, dedicated work force. Northwest Pipe operates manufacturing plants throughout the United States and in Mexico.
• Involved in modifying the existing Test Plane and Writing new test Plane for next
• Involved in creating and executing the Test cases for SAP Application.
• Involved in different types of testing on SAP application Installation Testing on different
Application Servers, Functional Verification Testing, Product Verification Testing.
• Involved in testing tax breakdown components in SAP custom table (ZATM_COMP_TAX),
• Testing whether sales tax is calculated based on the delivery address jurisdiction code
• Involved in testing, asset tracking table is updated with the goods receipt information from the vendor drop shipment and articles that were shipped from the warehouse
• Defects were tracked using Test director
• Participated actively in team meetings with Functional/Development Team for fixing the bugs
• Involved in client support and enhancements of testing for modifications.
• Involved in creating the Metrics for testing, creating bugs and closing bugs.
• Involved in Interfacing Testing between SAP R/3 and UCB Portal.
• Involved in creating queries for SQL Server 2000 database.
• Involved in Resource monitoring, estimation for the work, allocation of
work to the Team members and Involved in Project meetings and team meetings.
• Tested and maintained the following Reports
Environment: SAP R/3 4.6c (SD, FI, MM), Test Director
GlobalSantaFe, Houston, TX June’2002 to Apr’2003.
BW QA Consultant
Project Description: GlobalSantaFe is a leader in the contract drilling industry, representing a powerful balance of geographic reach, technologically advanced equipment, highly experienced personnel, a quality client base, with strong balance sheet.
• Test Scripts, Test Cases and Test sets were developed for testing process.
• Manual System Testing, Regression Testing and Integration Testing were done on
different modules like SD, HR, MM, FI/CO and PP.
• Involved in developing the automated Test Scripts by using the QTP for SAP SD, HR, MM, FI/CO and BW modules.
• Data was loaded from SAP R/3 to SAP BW database.
• Info packages for different modules are scheduled.
• Info Queries were tested to get reporting data from SAP BW.
• Data Targets and Info Objects in SAP BW were located for scheduling and Monitoring.
• Involved in writing Test Cases and Testing of the Customer Service Module and Internet Sales Module.
Environment: SAP R/3, SAP BW, SAP SD, HR, PP, CS, IS, ABAP/4, BEX Analyzer, Administration Work bench, Oracle8i, Sun UNIX 11.0, Windows NT 4, CATT, QTP and Test Director.
Tata Technologies, Pune, India Jan’2000 to May’2002
Project Description: Tata Technologies is the largest producer of Vehicles from small cars to larger trucks in India and their manufacturing capacity includes all over the country and the project includes the material inventory in all the divisions of all manufacturing units.
• Tested and documented interactive and classical reports in ABAP/4 like Customer orders, Material Summary Report, Inventory analyses Report, Maintenance materials for reference report.
• Prepared test cases to Perform migration test. Data that is loaded from Legacy to SAP using LSMW.
• Inbound and Outbound Idocs were tested using Conversion tests.
• Tested Reports in SAP Debugging environment to troubleshoot bugs.
• Tested EDI Configuration that includes partner profile setup, Port definition, message control, condition record, process code and segment definition.
• Developed Test Cases at EDI subsystem level to test the subsystem functionality and mapped documents.
• Developed to test cases to test connectivity of Sap system, EDI Sub System and trading partners.
• Developed test cases to test the Mercator Mapping formats in EDI subsystem. Experience includes test the mapped documents from SAP to EDIFACT and EDIFACT to Sap Idoc formats
• Developed CATT Scripts to check the BDC programs that upload the data from legacy system to Sap database.
• Prepared Test Scripts using Win Runner to test several standard and interactive reports in MM, and SD divisions. Reports include Stock Overview of a material, Material Analysis for Purchasing, Sales Orders due for delivery, Daily sales summary, Source List for a material.
• Performed Regression testing for each enhancement before moving into Production System.
• Participated actively in team meetings with Functional/Development Team for fixing the bugs.
Environment: QTP, Test Director, SAP 4.6 C, Microsoft-Word, MS-Excel.
Thomas Cook (India) Ltd, Mumbai Mar’1999 to Dec’2000
ABAP Technical Consultant
Project Description: Thomas Cook is one of the world's leading international travel and financial services groups and serves over 20 million customers a year. They provide services to customers at 4,500 locations in more than 100 countries and employ over 20,000
• Generated a report to show list of the Material Master using tables EBAN, EKET, EKKO,
• Generated a report to print Sales Order using tables VBAK, VBAP, VBUP,VBEP
• Developed a report for Delivery Slip using tables VBRK, VBRP, MARA, MARC
• Developed a print program for Purchase Order using tables EKKO, EKPO, EBAN, KONV,
KONH, KONM, MAPL
• Worked on Material uploading & updating through the standard transactions (Material
master) MM01 & MM02.
• Developed Goods Receipts Report for listing of goods receipts by material wise for
a given period, that contains detailed information like PO No, PO Date, Plant, GR ref, GR
date, material description
• Developed program to extend materials from one plant to another plant using BDC using
tables MARA, MARC
• Created a batch-input program to load the change of vendor address by using call
• Developed scripts for Order Confirmation, Delivery Note
Environment: SAP R/3 4.0 B
Asian Paints (India) Ltd, Mumbai Mar’1997 to Feb’1999
ABAP Technical Consultant
Project Description: Asian Paints is India's largest paint company and ranks among the top ten decorative coatings companies in the world today, with a turnover of Rs.25.6 billion (around USD 585 million). The company has an enviable reputation in the corporate world for professionalism, fast track growth, and building shareholder equity.
• Responsibilities of Interaction with users to finalize specifications.
• Development of Classical and Interactive Reports in SD and MM.
• Developed data transfer programs like down Loading of vendor details to Excel sheets,
download customer data from production client, Uploaded the Sales order data,
customers and vendor’s data into SAP
• Worked on the SAP-Script Layout sets in Sales order and Purchase Orders, The document
modified layout sets as per the client requirements and other documents to
Accommodate logo printing.
• Worked on ABAP/4 Workbench, Data Dictionary, Dialog programming, Enhancements,
BAPIs, BDC, Data Migration, and SAP Scripts
• Extensively worked on LSMW, Data Transfer Workbench (SXDA), CATT and
Online Transaction Recorder (SHDB)
• Developed Batch Data Communication program to block the vendor and update the names
space of the vendors in both foreground and background modes
• Implemented changes to the Purchase Order layout to meet the business requirements.
• Implemented changes to the Contract layout (Outline agreement) to meet the business
Environment: SAP R/3 4.0 B