Sharon L. Smiledge
Gardner, MA 01440
SALES & MARKETING PROFESSIONAL
To obtain a fast-paced challenging position where my results-focused approach, creativity, motivation, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to ‘close the deal’ will be used to maximize sales, customer relations and promotional activities.
AREAS OF EFFECTIVENESS:
• Consistently meets and exceeds established quotas.
• Extensive Internet and front-line sales/customer relations experience in computer/technical (2yrs), medical (consumer, administration, Physician, clinical staff) (4 yrs), perishable products (2 yrs), education (5+yrs) and automotive (2 yrs).
• Extensive experience (10+yrs) with account management, territory management, cold calling and lead development. Strong in follow-up and follow-through. Extremely skillful with ‘challenging’ customers.
• Extensive experience (10+yrs) developing and executing presentations to large (500+), small groups. Polished interpersonal, written and graphic communication skills.
• Extensive travel experience as Conference/Expo/Trade Show presenter
• Expert start-up project manager/organizer of successful promotional, recruitment, fund-raising, conferences and tournaments. Proficient in developing effective on-line/hard copy promotional, direct mail pieces and ad campaigns.
• Strong negotiation, communication, data and financial report analysis, forecasting, and organizational skills.
• Extensive public and media relations experience.
• Very knowledgeable in grant & budget management/development, bidding, publicity scheduling, and advertising contract negotiations.
• Effective team player and team leader. Managed an 8 member team of recruiters. Works well independently. Expert in effective use of time and resources; consider efficiency, good planning and accountability critical to success.
Training & Development
• Extensive presentation and consulting experience performed at the state, regional and national level on a variety of topics including effective consumer and employee recruitment and retention initiatives and healthcare programs.
• Successful grant development and implementation of activities for healthcare recruitment, employee retention, and training initiatives in excess of $1M.
• Strong involvement at the state-wide level on development of recruitment and retention programs for nursing and healthcare employees. Extensive involvement state-wide with retention programs for “at-risk” high school students.
• Very skilled in desktop publishing and development of advertising and brochure layouts using PageMaker, PhotoShop, PrintShop, Quark, and Microsoft Publisher software.
• Efficient with use of SIEBEL, BANNER, MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Lotus, MSWorks, WordPerfect.
Office Technology Program Instructor
Montachusett Reg.Voc.Technical H.S., Fitchburg, MA (2008-present)
Longterm substitute (grades 9-12) responsible for classroom instruction, supervision, lesson planning, and grading of shop students. Instruction given on a variety of business related topics and software including the Microsoft Office Suite, Business Law, Accounting, Total Quality Management, Entrepreneurship, Advertising, Marketing, Resume Writing, Job Interview and Telephone Skills. Actively involved with the recent opening and management of the new school store; as well as daily supervision of the school copy center.
Sales Manager / Sales Associate
Town Line Motors, Orange, MA (2006, 2008)
Promoted from Sales Associate to Sales Manager. Manage all internet and walk-in sales. Oversee all communications provided to customers via the internet, direct mail, advertising campaigns and consumer events. Manage lot inventory and auction purchases. Successfully upgraded all working systems to electronic platforms for tracking billing, inventory management and customer information.
Enterprise Account Manager – Mississippi Valley (OK, AR, LA, MS)
Hewlett-Packard, Marlborough, MA (2006-2007)
Quota owning Territory Account Manager responsible for entire ESS Portfolio including business Class Storage, Servers, Software & Services. Excelled to over 110% on $90M FY07 Quota. Collaborate with virtual team (Specialist, Partner, Field Sales) and Channel Sales teams to accelerate sales cycle and increase attach rate.
Director of Marketing & Community Relations
Quabbin Valley Healthcare, Orange, MA (2004-2006)
Developed and implemented annual territory business plans. Daily contact with targeted physicians, case managers, health care agencies and community agencies for referral development. Provided educational presentations on services and healthcare issues. Oversaw marketing budgets and communications provided via the internet, direct mail, advertising campaigns and consumer events.
(Position was eliminated from the organization due to management changes and budget cuts)
Director of Admissions
Mount Wachusett Community College, Gardner, MA (2002-2004)
Developed and implemented yearly marketing plans. Successfully exceeded goals by 10% yearly. Managed 10 recruiters and clerical staff. Oversaw marketing budgets and communications provided via the internet, direct mail, advertising campaigns and consumer events Provided state-wide and national presentations to groups including educators, potential recruits, and community members.
Dir. of Specialized Recruitment & Director of ECCLI
Mount Wachusett Community College, Gardner, MA (2000-2002)
Teamed with area hospitals and long-term care centers in developing recruitment and retention programs for healthcare workers. Was awarded a $300,000+ state grant for establishing career ladder educational programs for these healthcare companies. Recognized statewide and nationally for our successful retention initiatives that demonstrated employee turnover reductions from 100% down to 52%.
(Grant Funded – 2 yr. position)
Associate Director of Admissions
Mount Wachusett Community College, Gardner, MA (1997-2000)
Responsible for executing annual recruitment activities and the development of “bridge programs” for high school students. Recognized state-wide and nationally for developing retention programs and tracking systems for “at-risk” high school students. Exceeded enrollment and new program development goals yearly. Presented state-wide and nationally on this tracking system.
Noreast Fresh Produce, Chelsea, MA (1995-1997)
Account management and development of the New England region. Developed and executed annual territory business plan. Profitably strengthened current and new client accounts enabling me to continually exceed my sales goals.
M.B.A. Management/Marketing, Fitchburg State College, Fitchburg, MA 2002
B.S. Management/Marketing, Fitchburg State College, Fitchburg, MA 1998
A.S. Executive Office Administration, Mount Wachusett Community College, Gardner, MA 1989
A flexible, team-oriented, polished professional who has the ability to adjust smoothly and quickly to changes in situations and environments. Ability to execute successful sales& product trainings with ease on very little notice. Willing to travel and open to relocation if required.
Available upon request.
Quality Assurance Maintenance
Gardner, MA - powder, duct, retail, sale, assembly, milford, ma,...
Customer Service Sales
Gardner, MA - sales staff, commission, instrument, warehouse,...
Functional QA software testing, Windows server, server configuration
Gardner, MA - tester, product, dell, electronics technician,...
Mechanical Engineer Design
Gardner, MA - mechanical engineer, solidworks, piping, engineer,...
General machine operator, varnish/stain sprayer
Gardner, MA - machine operator, products, implement, making,...
Customer Service Home Health
Gardner, MA - ashley, large, home health, time, packer, was,...
Customer Service Accounts Payable
Gardner, MA - visitors, batching, realtor, microsoft,...