|BILLY C. TATE
*** ******** *****
Ovilla, Tx 75154
972-***-**** Dallas, Tx area
Summary: Motivated individual with more than 12 years of working experience in various leadership positions in communications, sales and marketing, customer service, managerial, data entry and clerical skills, and security.
• Relevant Experience:
• Possess experienced written and oral skills
• Confident in communicating comfortably with individuals from varied backgrounds
• Customer service oriented – skilled manager and counselor
• Resolution driven; problem solver
• Skilled typist; possess an operating knowledge of most office machines
and computer software
• Experienced mail/distribution handler
• Relied upon to set-up and monitor a multi-faceted juvenile control center
• Certified weapons and restraint equipment technician
• Trained security officer
• Trained cable technician
• Certified experience in the safe transport of equipment and valuable materials
• Certified forklift/tugger operator
• Mechanically inclined in automotive assembly
VUTEX, INC San Antonio, TX
Lead Fork Lift and Tugger Operator Jun 2006 - Present
DIRECT SOURCE San Antonio, TX
Security Officer Feb 2005-Jun2006
BEXAR COUNTY JUVENILE DETENTION CENTER San Antonio, TX
Security Officer Oct 2004-Jan 2005
U.S. BONDS BUREAU San Antonio, TX
Sales Manager, Collections Aug 2002-Sep 2003
BABES GENTLEMEN’S CLUB San Antonio, TX
Part time Security Guard Mar 2002- May2003
ADVANTAGE RENT-A-CAR CORPORATION San Antonio, TX
Customer Service Representative Jul 2001-Aug 2002
VIACOM CABLE San Antonio, TX
Cable Installer Feb 2000-Jul 2001
Resume for Billy C. Tate, Jr., continued:
Education & Training:
Forklift & Tugger Operator Certification Oct. 2006
Restraint Techniques & Equipment Certification Jun. 2004
CPR Certification Bexar County JDC
Cable Install/Disconnect Training Feb 2000
Graduate of Basic Training, 95B Military Police Course Nov. 1995
St Philips Community College - General Studies 1 Semester
• ASSEMBLY LINE (FORKLIFT OPERATOR), VUTEX INC.
In my present position at the Toyota Assembly Plant, San Antonio, Texas, I am responsible for loading and unloading vehicle parts from the receiving dock and safely transporting materials to the tugger dollies. I also transport small and large parts of the trucks throughout the assembly plant which covers approximately 500 yards. I have received training and competently assemble doors and to include wiring on door and control panels and other parts of new vehicles. Recently promoted to a lead position where I provide assistance and leadership to a team of certified forklift operators and automotive assembly workers.
• SECURITY OFFICER, DIRECT SOURCE, LABATT FOODS
As a security officer for Labatt Food Service, I provided security in the warehouse distribution plant to prevent unauthorized access or deter theft of products. I met with plant managers weekly to provide accounts of the various vendors coming in and out of the plant. Also to ensure that employees did not steal products or adjust prices on billings of products that were purchased.
• JUVENILE DETENTION OFFICER, BEXAR COUNTY
As a trained Juvenile Detention Officer I was routinely assigned responsibility for approximately 24 juveniles. I prepared the youth for scheduled classes, seminar and recreation activities. I prepared them for dinner rotation, after meal hygiene and set up the control center for scheduled visitations from parents, attorneys, and chaplains. In preparation for visitations, I reviewed and authorized visits and verify times for release and escort of youths to the visitation lounge. Upon return to the mod, I set up recreation and personal time for those youths who had completed all tasks assigned to them prior to my arrival. After youths returned from their authorized visitations, recreation, and personal time, I supervised those youths assigned to my mod for the dinner meal. Upon return from the dinner meal, I supervised male youths for their personal hygiene, and prepared them for lock up. After lock up, I was responsible for documenting youth’s behavior and verified their physical presence during my watch. Throughout the night, I performed routine bed checks to ensure the physical and mental stability of every youth. I performed checks for weapons and unauthorized contraband. I have completed CPR certification, restraint techniques, and detention equipment training.
• SALES OPERATIONS MANAGER, U.S. BONDS BUREAU -
As manager for the U.S. Bonds Bureau, I was responsible for procuring clients for a bail bonds and retail collection companies throughout the United States. My primary duties consisted of contacting state bondsman and their agencies in regards to allowing our company to collect outstanding debts. I was in charge of contacting presidents of bail bonds associations for each state providing them with proposals and procedures for how we could assist them in collecting past due monies owed to them. I would provide weekly and monthly reports on monies collected, files still out working and provide them with current information on the whereabouts and location of debtors after verifying past employers, home addresses and phone numbers, relatives, and associations. Supervised 4 sales representatives to ensure monthly quotas were met and reported it to president and vice-president of the company. Provided assistance to sales representatives on effective sales techniques.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE, ADVANTAGE RENTAL CARS
Performed duties as Customer Service representative for Advantage rental car sales. Duties were to assist customers in purchasing rental cars. Additionally, I offered and advised customers on hotel reservations, restaurant and tourist attractions throughout the city. Responsible for inventorying the remaining fleet daily, totaling cash receipts and credit card receipts. I was responsible for customizing cars for customers, as needed, to include washing, detailing, and minor maintenance of the vehicles.
• SECURITY – HEAD BOUNCER, BABES GENTLEMEN’S CLUB
As a part-time security officer, I was charged with the security of employees and patrons of the establishment. Also responsible for transporting bank deposits on a nightly basis. Ensured the security of all employees and patrons. Escorted employees to and from the parking areas of the establishment and to their personal vehicles. Communicated with patrons regarding policies of the establishment in regards to courtesy, behavior, and violations of legal alcohol consumption. Contacted city police concerning violations or disorderly conduct on the premises, applying proper constraint techniques until proper authorities responded.
• CABLE TECHNICIAN, VIACOM (PARAGON CABLE)
As a disconnect technician, I removed television cable and equipment from the customer’s residence/premises. I was responsible for ensuring that all disconnect guidelines were adhered to and that all company owned equipment was removed and returned in good condition. I notified the customer upon my arrival to the property and answered questions or concerns of the customer. I notified dispatch upon completion of each work order.
Greg Spence Supervisor @ Vutex Inc. 210-***-****
Pam Hall Headwaters Construction Inc/ Lab Manager 210-***-****
Dewayne Ruff United States Navy 210-***-****
James Davis Bexar County Juvenile Detention Officer 210-***-****
Don Lancaster Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute 321-***-****
- roll off, storekeeper, ordinary, seaman,...Courtesy Clerk
- janitor, cleaner, cabin, cynthia, interiors,...Copier Service Technician
- field service engineer, canon, copier, cobol,...Warehouse and Distribution Supervisor
- carlson, aaron, bindery, rodney, forklifts,...Payroll/HR
- tax accountant, detroit mi, redford, adrian, jde,...Bouncer
- bouncer, bartenders, african, security guard,...welding position
- setters, melt, fitters, porte, pipefitters,...PMI certified, 10 yr experience
- br, mohali, navision, madurai, dba, aspnet, csharp,...Manager Management Property Project Real Estate
- fire watch, hanger, pest, mri, hvac, retro,...Industrial/Commercial Painter
- erector, sandblaster, zinc, mckinley, nace, nail,...