JOHN A. FORD
Highland, Michigan 48356-2477 firstname.lastname@example.org
A professional Operations Manager with extensive experience in business. Proven leadership in leading people towards the accomplishment of company goals and objectives. Expertise in logistics and warehousing. Very knowledgeable in shipping and receiving. Demonstrated ability to plan and execute projects very effectively. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. A solid team player and thoroughly dependable. Extremely effective at executing critical projects. A good communicator. A self motivator with an intense work ethic.
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION 2010-2011
Technical Information Specialist
Provided real time information to Federal Agents utilizing various national law enforcement, government and public data bases for on going criminal investigations.
• Interfaced with public bringing complaints and information to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
• Monitored operational communication systems.
• Provided real time information to Special Agents while conducting operations in the field.
• Held a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
• Hold an active completed Federal Background Investigation.
GENERAL MOTORS CORPORATION, Service Parts Operations, Pontiac, MI 1996-2009
A global automobile company.
Operations Supervisor 2002-2009
Supervised the plant operations of floor picking, warehouse picking, assembly line packing, outbound shipping, and inbound receiving.
• Exceeded departmental productivity goals (between 5-10%), contributing to improved plant productivity.
• Reduced the amount of Standard Operating Procedures from eight to four by creating updated common procedures which complied with the plant’s new picking process.
• Improved efficiency by developing and implementing a satellite carton storage area, as opposed to centralized.
• Eliminated Indirect man hours in the Inbound Receiving process by consolidating jobs and redeploying manpower to direct labor positions, thereby improving productivity.
• Successfully completed a significant project of moving parts out of the facility and bringing in new parts under budget and in only two thirds of the time allocated. This involved moving material to different locations, unloading and putting up new material and loading and shipping old material to other facilities.
• Practiced in Lean Manufacturing: knowledgeable in the use of 5S, fishbone diagrams, waste reduction, and A3 presentations; designated a Bronze Level Lean Professional.
Maintenance Supervisor 1996-2002
Supervised up to 25 Skilled Trades employees for a 1.8 million square foot warehouse. Performed all planned maintenance and daily upkeep and emergencies.
• Managed a $300,000 annual operating budget, never exceeding budget guidelines.
• Completed all Planned Maintenance actions on time and minimized downtime for the Operations Group by thorough planning and extensive follow up.
• Identified and labeled all overhead piping through-out the entire 1.8 million square foot facility for the first time which required a detailed plan and provided total OSHA compliance.
AERO-TEK, Grand Blanc, MI 1996-1996
Engineer staffing company.
Assistant Plant Engineer, Delphi Corporation, Saginaw, MI
Coordinated with Engineering and Operations Staff the planning and installation of new and existing equipment.
• Planned and coordinated the movement of the Engineering Staff into temporary facilities during area refurbishment, and then the return to their work areas afterward.
• Planned and ordered material for a $1million ventilation improvement project by being the single point of contact and resulted in being implemented within budget and on schedule.
UNITED STATES NAVY 1979-1995
United States Naval Officer
Division and Department Head positions on various afloat commands and staffs. Managed an Engineering Department of 150 personnel (including ten commissioned officers). Responsible for the operational performance of the Engineering Plant and all preventive, scheduled, and overhaul maintenance for all propulsion turbines, steam boilers, diesel engines, HVAC, compressed air systems, and support systems.
• Oversaw completion of three major shipyard repair programs valued in excess of $20million.
• Granted a Top Secret Security Clearance and a member of Personal Reliability Program for dealing with Nuclear Weapons.
• Designated as qualified for Command at Sea.
• Lead afloat engineering training teams focusing on improving operational and material readiness.
• Material Inspector for Department of the Navy.
MBA, Baker College, Flint, MI 1998
BS, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI 1979
Arabic Linguist and Analyst with 12 years experience.
Macomb, MI - top secret, secret, linguist, arabic, recruiting,...
Glen Burnie, MD - top secret, secret, cics, security, jcl, mainframe,...
Customer Service Management
Cocoa, FL - top secret, secret, analytics, lean, labor,...
Customer Service Management
, Southfield, MI - raytheon, secret, top secret, feb, lead, dba,...
Upper Marlboro, MD - plant, engineer, steam, boiler, secret,...
Paterson, NJ - top secret, secret, engineer, primavera, notes,...
Customer Service Technician
Waterford, MI - service technician, contact, technician,...