EVAN T. SUAZO **
Starling Dr. Pueblo, CO *****719.***.****
(c) • firstname.lastname@example.org
ENTRY-LEVEL CHEMICAL ENGINEER
Colorado School of Mines graduate with training and experience in chemical engineering, research, process improvements, and leadership development. Hands-on experience in bioprocessing, inorganic extractions, bench scale research, construction, and managing student organizations.
Areas of Training & Experience:
Polymer Research Chemical Analysis Creative Problem Solving
Engineering Materials Process Controls Leadership & Motivation
Bioprocessing Research Hazardous Chemical Management Priority Setting & Risk Management
Petroleum Processing Economics & Business Quality and Performance Improvement
Objective: Seeking a position in process engineering that will efficiently develop my skills in engineering process design and construction, while simultaneously impacting corporate value through management development and technology marketing.
Bachelor of Science (BS): Major: Chemical Engineering, Minor: Economics & Business (GPA 3.58/4.0)
Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO 6/2011
Coursework: Chemical Engineering Fundamentals, Coal Gasification/Synthesis to Liquid Fuel, Energy Technologies, Petroleum Refining, Engineering Economics, Financial Accounting
Computer Skills: Microsoft , Mac OS, Linux, MS Office, Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio, Solidworks, Mathematica, ASPEN Plus, Comsol, LabView, HPLC software
Honors Undergraduate Research: 1/2009-5/2010
Performed complex polymer fluid experiments and analysis through procedure design and experienced operation of a torque rheomater.
H.S. Diploma: Graduated first in class (GPA 4.0/4.0), Pueblo South High School, Pueblo, CO
Hazen Research Inc., Golden, CO 5/2010-8/2010
Chemical Engineering Intern
• Bioprocessing. Contributed to process construction and operation of sugar fermentation utilizing anaerobic bacteria. Operated and managed industrial filtration systems, scrubbers, acidification and fermentation tanks. Characterized product solutions by using a High Pressure Liquid Chromatograph (HPLC) with NREL standard biomass analytical procedures.
• Inorganic Extractions. Operated an ore extraction pilot plant by means of an autoclave, reaction circuit, and vacuum filtrations. Proven safety management of high concentrations of sulfuric acid, sodium hydroxide, calcium carbonate, and hydrogen sulfide.
U-N-I Design, Pueblo, CO 5/2008-8/2008
Construction Superintendent Assistant
• Remodeling. Renovated the exterior and interior of an office building through landscaping and structural construction. Effectively communicated with subcontractors and other businesses to enhance productivity.
Beta Theta Pi:
• President. Acknowledged as a highly motivated team leader who lead the Beta Phi Chapter of Beta Theta Pi through a three year extensive house transition. Traveled as a delegate to the 170th Convention and the Chapter President Leadership Academy.
• Pledge Educator. Cultivated new members to be future leaders in Beta Theta Pi’s principles, goals and organized activities.
ACS Scholar & Member Tau Beta Pi Honors Society Sayre Scholarship (MINES)
AIChe Member Order of Omega Honors Society Presidents Scholarship (MINES)
John Wooden & Nellie Institute Most Valuable Greek of Year ~2009 Shell Minority Scholarship