RAHUL GUPTA*****, ******* **** **
• Houston TX- *
7084 • 512-***-****
Seeking fulltime/ Internship opportunity.
Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering, May 2011
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL. GPA: 3.56/4
Bachelor of Technology in Information and Communication Technology, May 2008
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology, India. GPA: 7.15/10
Speech and Audio Processing, Digital Signal Processing, Analog circuit design, MEMS devices and their applications, Nanotechnology, Software Development, Web Development.
Software Engineer, Infosys Technologies Limited, Pune, India, May 2008 - July 2009
• Trained in J2EE framework.
• Developed web-portal for automation and systematization of Sterling Courier System using principles of J2EE.
• Managed infrastructure of client LEVEL3 communications by installing network of different bandwidth orders for client’s customers.
Student Assistant, The Speech Perception Laboratory, May 2010 – Present (Guide: Prof. James Harnsberger and Prof. Rahul Shrivastava)
• Developed an algorithm to detect the age of the speaker given his/her speech
o Extracted acoustic parameters (Pitch, Harmonics to Noise ratio (HNR), Cepstral peak prominence (CPPS), Human frequency cepstral coefficients (HFCC), Syllable rate
o Applied Support Vector Regression to estimate age.
o Main algorithm was programmed in MATLAB. Many acoustic measures extracting algorithms were programmed in C and PRAAT.
• Current work going on stress classification. All acoustic measures are extracted using MATLAB. Future work includes coming up with algorithm for stress classification.
Research Student, Nanotech Group, Aug 2010 – Present (Guide: Prof. Ant Ural)
• Researching on properties of Silver Nanowires so as to use it in optoelectronic industry.
o Created simulation in MATLAB for thin film of silver nanowires to study its resistive properties.
• Researching on junction properties of Carbon Nanotubes especially the temperature dependence of current through the junction.
• Research study about anaesthetic Gas Sensors for medical purpose based on carbon Nanotube film.
Research Intern, DA-IICT, India, May 2007 - June 2007
• Analysis of Sampling regular graphs and their application in tracking peer to peer network.
Student Intern, Air India, Mumbai, India, May 2006 - June 2006
• Developed Graphical User Interface for operating RTX adapter (used as an interface between aviation instruments and computer for testing purpose, following ARINC 429 specification) and for activating and deactivating on a relay circuit via COM ports using 8051 processor in Visual C++.
Hybrid Echo Cancellation using Gamma filter structure and tap delay line structure using Adaptive Signal Processing, Apr 2010 (Guide: Prof. Jose Principe)
• Given a hybrid echo in a signal, a Gamma filter structure and a tap delay line structure is applied to remove the echo from the signal.
• LMS algorithm is applied to find the weights of the filters. The filter structure was programmed in MATLAB.
Noise Cancellation in Data Signal Using Normalized LMS algorithm technique of Adaptive Signal Processing, Mar 2010 (Guide: Prof. Jose Principe)
• Given a noisy data signal, a normalized LMS algorithm is applied and data is recovered from noisy data. The weights of the filter used in LMS algorithm were designed in MATLAB.
Implemented Overlap add and Overlap save method of filtering, Aug 2009 (Guide: Prof. Liquing Yang)
• Implemented overlap add and overlap save method of filtering in MATLAB and used them to filter a given noisy audio signal using given filter parameters. The filtered output was compared to original non-noisy audio signal.
Design of Convolution Algorithm on FPGA, Oct 2010 – Nov 2010 (Guide: Prof. Greg Stitt)
• Developed Convolution Algorithm used in DSP, to work on Nallatech FPGA boards using VHDL as the hardware description language.
Designed MEMS actuator model which has maximum out of plane motion, Jan 2010 – Apr 2010 (Guide: Prof. David Arnold)
• Designed a MEMS actuator model which has maximum out of plane motion as part of course Design of MEMS transducers.
• Optimization of design was done through programs developed in MATLAB.
• Physical design was developed and simulated in COMSOL.
Designed Scanning MEMS Mirror for in vivo Endoscopic 3D Optical Imaging, Aug 2009 - Dec 2009 (Guide: Prof. Huikai Xie)
• Designed fabrication process flow, LEM, packaging and simulated theoretical values on SIMULINK for a scanning MEMS mirror for in vivo endoscopic 3D optical imaging.
Devised a Model based approach to Multiresolution Fusion in remotely Sensed Images, Jan 2008 - May 2008 (Guide: Prof. M.V. Joshi)
• Carried out Multiresolution Fusion of remote sensing satellite images to get high resolution multi-spectral images.
• Used gabor filter outputs as priors and optimised the cost equation thus obtained using particle swarm optimization.
• Programmed the algorithm in MATLAB and C.
Created web-portal H.I.V.E. (Human Interaction in Virtual Environment), Jan 2007 - April 2007 (Guide: Prof. Asim Banerjee)
• Integrated all services like file hosting, media hosting, chatting , offline messaging and RSS feed on latest news items in the web portal as part of project in Software Engineering course.
• Complete software development lifecycle was followed along with documentation of each phase of the software development lifecycle
Developed Dynamic Memory Allocation System, Oct 2006 – Nov 2006 (Guide: Prof. Sanjay Srivastava)
• Developed Dynamic Memory Allocation system which could assign and release memory units using C in Linux environment. Efficient allocation of memory was the target of the project which was part of Operating Systems course.
Programming/Scripting Languages: C, Java, SQL, Assembly Language (LC3, Intel 8085), HTML, VHDL, Visual C++, PRAAT script.
Tools: MATLAB, COMSOL, SIMULINK, Xilinx, Scilab, Rational Suite, Code Composer Studio, Oracle 9i, DIMETalk system design, PRAAT.
RELEVANT GRADUATE LEVEL COURSES
Signal Processing: Digital Signal Processing, Adaptive Signal Processing, Noise in Linear Systems, Digital Image Processing (sit through).
Devices: Principles of MEMS, Design of MEMS transducer, Introduction to Nanodevices (sit through), Carbon Nanotubes, Future Micro technologies, Bipolar Analog IC design (sit through), Biomedical Electronics, Reconfig Compting.
Worked for Ekta Parishad (NGO), India, May 2005 - June 2005
• Conducted anthropological analysis of rural India in order to search for application of Information and Communication Technology to solve problems existent in villages as a part of summer internship.
Cultural Activities in Infosys Technologies Limited
• Organized games at cultural events and took initiative in improving quality of food in cafeteria in Infosys Technologies Ltd.