Jaya Das****, **** ****** *****
Springfield VA 22152(248) *** ****
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Extensive accounting background including accounts receivable, credit, cash management, collections, management reporting, administrative support, bookkeeping, tracking and investigation of accounting issues acquired through a 20-year progressive career; keen eye for quality and detail, diligent and self-motivated with strong organizational and communication skills; adept at developing and maintaining detailed accounting and procedural processes that improve accuracy, and efficiency. High-level mastery of customer service, multi-tasking, team efforts and leadership qualities.
Four Points by Sheraton, Washington, DC (Temporary)
Payroll/Accounting Manager. (October 2011 – Present)
• Reconcile and Provide Accurate Billing
• Perform Basic payroll and accounting activities
• Analyze ageing reports, billing patterns weekly, Collections on accounts
• Conduct monthly credit meeting with controller and sales staff
• Manage solutions to pre-empts billing problems
• Prepare collection action for problem account for controller's approval
• Draft policy and procedural improvements to controller for approval and implementation
Gate Gourmet Inc, Reston, VA (Airline Catering Contractor)
Credit Analyst, (April 2011 – June 2011)
Major Airline Accounts
• Instrumental in collection and resolution of open issues with the Canadian Airlines.
• System Applications and Products (SAP) maintenance
Continental Corporation Inc, Auburn Hills. Michigan (Automotive Supplier)
Credit Analyst, (July 2006 – Oct 2010)
• Single source for all the accounts receivable and credit pertaining to Chrysler account. This is inclusive of 3 separate entities namely Continental United States, Continental Teves and Temic Automotive of North America.
• Instrumental in collection and resolution of open issues with the Chrysler Bankruptcy.
• Responsible for keeping the accounts receivable under 3% for any given time of the month.
• Created sales orders for all prototypes, tooling shipments for clusters and heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC), and subsequent invoice follow up.
• Preparation and distribution of monthly management reports: These included research and development project expenses, engineering hours and cost center spending.
• Accounts receivable responsibilities:
o Ensure proper invoicing of non product purchase orders (tooling, samples)
o Review accounts receivable aging and ensure timely payment (problem resolution with customer, tracking of payments)
o Track, investigate and resolve payment differences as pricing differences, over- and
underpayments, customer deductions. This required research in various customer
systems such as Covisint and General Motors Supply Power.
• System Applications and Products (SAP) maintenance:
• Handled European accounts where transactions/funds were held in Euro's and performed cash applications.
Jaya Das Page Two
• Maintained the credit limits on the accounts and convert the sales revenue to Euros and reported them to the upper Management in Germany on a daily basis whenever the credit limits reached the threshold.
• Creation of all "Intercompany" scheduling agreements and pricing records for finished goods manufacturing locations.
DBM Technologies, Pontiac. Michigan (Automotive Supplier)
Accounts Receivable Analyst, (January 2005 – July 2006)
• Responsible for collection from past due customers.
• Solved billing disputes, credits/debits. Applied cash as a daily tenure. Invoiced the customers from 5 plants.
• Performed tooling invoices and billing collections from Big 3 automakers.
• Managed and collected $10MM outstanding bills per month. Collected tooling invoices in a 15 day span. Resolved credit issues by negotiating pay-outs with customers while successfully reducing overdue balances.
Visteon Corporation, Dearborn. Michigan (Automotive Supplier)
Financial/Collection Analyst, (April 2004 – January 2005)
• Responsible for solving billing disputes, credits and returned material from varied plants.
• Frequently used the Ford accounts receivable system, People Soft GL and SAP systems to accomplish the task.
• Coordinated month end general ledger closing process for all cash management activities,
Managed and collected $40MM outstanding bills per month including past dues.
• Reduced the over 90-day accounts receivable balance from 8% to 5% within 6 months.
• Developed effective communication skills to maintain credit-worthy customers through customer relation techniques & the utilization of persuasive collection skills
Aisin World America, Plymouth, Michigan (Automotive Supplier)
Accounting Analyst, (September 2001 – September 2002)
• Responsible for all the receivables in the excess of $ 8MM per month from major automotive customers.
• Frequently interacted with the customers to resolve billing problems and credit issues.
• Performed other accounting activities using AS400/JBA system.
• Implemented a system for customer payments to apply cash in 10 days.
• Exceeded monthly collection targets by 10 - 30%.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
SAP training (Trinity Consultants, Farmington, Michigan)
AA in accounting (Davenport College, Holland, Michigan)
Tax Preparation training H and R Block, Holland, Michigan
B.S. in Health Sciences (University of Bangalore, India)
SAP-FICO and MM Modules, Covisint, QAD Systems, Ford AR Systems, People Soft G/L system, Great Plains Lease Plus, AS400/JBA system, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes, various in-house tax, and accounts receivable programs.