** ******** ******, *** *******, California 94960
BTIG LLC, San Francisco, CA
Vice President - Outsource Equity and Options Trader January 2006 - July 2010
* Acted as buy side trader for hedge fund clients by executing orders per portfolio manager's instructions, alerted the portfolio manager to portfolio relevant trading opportunities, news and general market color
* Increased option trading volume significantly with inactive hedge fund clients by educating them on the advantages of an options overlay strategy and then executing and managing the appropriate option strategies
* Managed sell side relationships and soft dollars for hedge fund clients by directing orders to various brokers to enable access to firm's research and conferences
* Wrote daily pre and post- market commentary summarizing the day's market highlights and catalysts and sent to all firm's clients
* Covered western half of US as sole TradeSave (BTIG's electronic trading platform) sales representative from Jan. '06 until Sep '06, opening 12 previously uncovered accounts in 9 months with the product having never been actively marketed before
* Advised on product development and marketing strategies
A.K. LIMITED, San Francisco, CA
Proprietary Trader December 2002 - December 2005
* Managed a proprietary trading account employing a market neutral, relative value pairs trading strategy
* Utilized quantitative and technical filtering model to identify prospective pairs that would offer the highest probability of a near term, small percentage mean reversion
* Oversaw all aspects of risk management and compliance with firm's policies
SOLE PROPRIETOR, San Francisco, CA
Options Market Maker, Member of the Pacific Exchange November 1989 - December 2002
* Made markets and provided liquidity in all market conditions in the options of many underlying equities
* Managed multi-layered portfolio risk including: Delta, Gamma, Theta, Vega, Rho and effective hedging of these variables while competing for trades in an extremely competitive environment
* Managed margin requirements for the account to make sure it was in compliance with Regulation T and clearing firm policies
* Averaged annual returns of 150% (pre-multiple listing)
* Pacific Exchange seat owner
RESNICK TRADING, San Francisco, CA
Market Technician July 1989 - November 1989
* Assisted in hedging a large options portfolio by identifying optimal buy/sell points to get delta neutral
CHARLES SCHWAB, San Francisco, CA
Options Liaison. Registered Representative July 1987 - November 1989
COAST OPTIONS, San Francisco, CA
Institutional Options Phone Clerk September 1986 - July 1987
University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley CA June 1986
B.A. Political Science
Member of Cal Rugby Team
Series 7, 63, 55
trader, risk manager
United States - trader, trading, timothy, risk, es, iowa,...
Hedge Fund Trader
United States - trader, fund, trading, desk, equity, portfolio,...
United States - fund, trading, trader, desk, hedge, data analyst,...
United States - trader, trading, risk, portfolio, dept, equity,...
United States - trading, trader, equity, desk, block, lot,...
Manager Vice President
United States - portfolio, trader, capital, president, trading,...
United States - trader, trading, firm, risk, head, teach, capital,...