DAVID J. FRONCZAK, CPP
**** ******* ***** ******, *****, IL 60124
A knowledgeable and reliable Tooling, Product and Process Manager. Extensive experience in the design, manufacture and process of plastic thermoforming and aluminum foil containers. Background includes SolidWorks, Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire, AutoCad and Tool and Die Maker experience. A hands-on manager who stays up-to-date in current technology and packaging designs. Effective communications skills to train and manage work teams. Proven ability in establishing outside vendor resources for design, repairs and fabrication. Recognized for doing what it takes to get the job done.
TEQ (Formerly Tek Packaging) Huntley, IL July 2010 to Sept 2012
Technical Services Manager.
Medical & consumer product thermoformer.
Currently I oversee the CNC manufacturing area, tool build, service departments and initiate tooling quotes and schedule prototype machining. I confer with salesmen and product designers to help satisfy customer design requirements. Recommend improvements on tool preps and set up deficiencies. Advise best method for damaged tooling repairs. Improved ultrasonic welding assembly area. Sterile barrier system experience working with a major lid sealing machine manufacturer. Interfaced with injection molders to produce components. Certified Packaging Professional.
CARLISLE/PROEX INC., Batavia, IL Nov 2007 to July 2010
A leading producer of disposable food service packaging.
Tooling, Prototype and Design Manufacturing Manager, Engineering Leader
Seven direct reports which included three tooling/product design engineers, five CNC programmer/operators.
TRANSPARENT CONTAINER, Berkeley, IL Jan 2005 to Nov. 2007
Thermoforming facility manufacturing clamshell and blister pack containers.
Tooling, Prototype and Design Manufacturing Manager.
Nine direct reports, which included three new product design engineers, two CNC programmers, three CNC operators & tooling supervisor.
MCMASTER-CARR CORP. Elmhurst, IL
Major industrial supply distributor. 2004-2005
Worked in quotes division helping customers with tooling problems. 2004 to 2005
PACTIV CORP, Wheeling, IL 1979 to 2004
A leading producer of disposable food service packaging products with operations in fourteen countries.
Senior Tooling Engineer (1993-2004)
Directed the Tooling Services department in the redesign and repairs to both plastic thermoforming and aluminum foil container tools. Managed the daily operations, 24/7, for production troubleshooting and process requirements in both departments
• Increased preventative maintenance program by 25% with 10% fewer employees last year.
• Re-engineered tooling, which resulted in a 15% improvement in tool longevity.
• Supervised preventative maintenance department and die rack system relocation. Resulted in decreased damage to tools being stored.
• Project managed purchase and installation of an aqueous die wash tank system, which expedited cleaning, and tool inspection.
• Conducted research concerning electronic blueprint conversion project.
• Performed training for tooling setup and safety procedures, which contributed to reducing production downtime by 10%.
• Documented standard work practices for plastics and foil container tooling allowing new employees to understand tooling processes.
• Coordinated outside vendor work for replacement, new components and tooling repairs. This allowed for increased production without overhead.
• Trained tool room employees on SAP manufacturing software, which improved communications concerning repairs.
• Managed tooling material and labor costs and stayed under the proposed annual operating plan.
• Project managed purchase and installation of computer numerical controlled milling machine to facilitate tooling repairs.
Tool Room Supervisor (1989-1993)
Directed thirteen tool and die makers in troubleshooting and repairs to Plastic Thermoforming and Aluminum Foil Container tools.
Tool and Die Maker (1979-1993)
Performed repairs and maintenance on production tooling. Operated and programmed CNC milling and wire machine.
David Fronczak Page two
Design Engine Education, Chicago IL,
Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 2.0, Pro/SURFACE, Pro/SHEETMETAL,
University of Phoenix, San Francisco, CA
Courses toward BSBM
College of DuPage, Glen Ellyn, IL
Courses in Plastics Technology
Computer Numerical Control
Chicago State University, Chicago, IL
General studies for one year
Tooling and Manufacturing Institute, Park Ridge, IL
Tool and Die Maker Certificate
Tool and Die Maker of the Year- Runner-up
Computer Numerical Control
Tool and Die Maker
IQMS Manufacturing Software
SAP Manufacturing Software
AS400 Manufacturing Software
Troy, MI - cnc, die, tooling, sap, ro, th, plant, stamping,...
Project Manager Engineer
San Francisco, CA - die, cnc, tooling, die maker, tool,...
San Francisco, CA - die, mold, tooling, cnc, stamping, journeyman,...
Bartlett, IL - cnc, sheet metal, plant manager, die, staff, plant,...
Engineer Manufacturing, Tool and Die Maker
Bartlett, IL - fixture, die, maker, manufacturing engineer,...
Machine Operator Press
Glen Ellyn, IL - die, cnc, crane, machine operator, stamping,...
Years Experience Supervisor
Chicago, IL - cnc, die, cad cam, cam, tool room, cad, milling,...