BARRY SHAPIRO, PMP®
Sunrise, FL *****
(954) ***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a PMI-Certified Technology Project Manager with extensive experience in implementation and integration of enterprise-wide legacy mainframe and distributed applications for financials, risk, fraud, and customer service platforms. My career with a global, financial services giant encompasses managing over 400 global projects of various sizes, scope, and complexity. I am an excellent leader, passionate about the discipline of Project Management, with the reputation for enthusiasm, a “whatever it takes” attitude, and am known for consistently delivering high quality projects on time and within budget. Competencies include:
Full project life-cycle methodology Interdepartmental Coordination Critical Paths
Change and Project Management Fiscal and Project Deadlines Presentation Skills
Milestones and Dashboards Forecasting and Estimating Facilitation Skills
Resource Management Vendor Management Re-engineering
Relationship Building Infrastructure Modifications Front and Back End
Financial Operating Principles Quality /Operational Excellence Change Agent
AMERICAN EXPRESS 1977 to 2011
Lead Project Manager (2003 – 2011)
Promoted to direct and influence a team of 5 to 10 Programmers involved in series of projects aligned with corporate goals for increasing revenue and reducing cycle time for new Cardmember applications.
• Successfully managed 2011 project portfolio of up to 40 individual projects (annual budget over $2MM)
• As End to End PM, drove to successful conclusion, multiple re-engineering and demand management projects generating over $1MM in saves.
• All projects consistently and fully compliant with Sarbanes-Oxley and other banking regulations
• Organizational “coach/mentor” for Project Management tool change from EPIC to Clarity.
• Coordinated activities for geographically dispersed project resources (U.S., Canada, India)
o Assignment of all analysis, design, build, and test tasks
o Monitoring of progress on an on-going basis via email and conference calls
o Review of developed work objects and associated test cases
• Creation of phase-end review checklist for Project Managers leading to 80% decrease in commonly missed/overlooked details by Project Managers per lifecycle phase for the organization and overall improving time to market on projects by > 25%.
• End to End Project Manager on two International efforts to enable a real time interface between Global New Accounts process and multiple market credit bureaus in Sweden and Netherlands, reducing account approval process and card issuance by > 75%.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE - CONTINUED
• End to End Project Manager on major ($1.2MM) database redesign effort impacting multiple application areas and multiple markets globally including U.S., Canada, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Taiwan, and Australia. Project successfully implemented on time and within budget and scope.
• Contributed, as part of organization wide Globalization and Standardization team, implementing a standardized Business Need Request process improving identification of applications potentially impacted by technology changes.
• Co-developed project sizing template and standards for monthly project forecasting which were adopted as template for PMO and Project Manager Network across the technologies organization.
• Developed and implemented standards for CMR (Change Management Record) review process reducing errors by > 90%
• Mentored multiple resources on project management and lifecycle methodology best practices. Immediate improvements noted in their project management skills.
• Managed project portfolio financials (>$2MM) consistently within standard variance of
Lead Programmer Analyst (2001 – 2003)
Promoted to direct team of 15 internal programmers/analysts and offshore vendor resources delivering a massive data capture and repository of contact information for over 40,000,000 global Cardmembers.
• Designed and developed authorization program which was implemented corporate-wide and saved over $3MM annually in fraudulent charges and $1MM in re-engineering costs
Early career included promotions through the following:
Senior Programmer Analyst (1996 – 2001) Programmer Analyst (1979 – 1996) Programmer (1978 – 1979) Junior Programmer (1977 – 1978)
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION AND COMPUTER SKILLS
B.S., Business Administration, Nova Southeastern University, Davie, FL 1984
Certified Project Manager, Project Management Institute 2003
Member of Project Management Institute – South Florida Chapter 2003
Over 800 hours of corporate classes in leadership and technical training
Microsoft Office (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Business intelligence rules based application, Windows XP, Visio, Sharepoint, EPIC, Clarity, Mercury Quality Center, Method/1, Agile, ITIL, Prince2, cGMP, COBOL, JCL, DB2, SQL, IMS, MVS, and MFS
References upon request
Miami, FL - epic, medical device, entrepreneur, cadet,...
EPIC Bridges/Cloverleaf certified
Casselton, ND - epic, nd, product, adt, support, analyst, cerner,...
Customer Service Analyst
Casselton, ND - epic, nd, product, adt, analyst, support, cerner,...
Hollywood, FL - epic, cerner, encoder, revenue cycle, coder,...
Miami, FL - epic, qa, scheduling, radiology, patients, staff,...
Project Real Estate
Tampa, FL - epic, db2, sql database, cobol, programmer,...
Project Manager Software
Vernon Hills, IL - epic, physician, programmer, programmer analyst,...