*** ******* ***. ***.* Arlington Texas 76010
Tel. 817-***-**** Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seeking a full-time position in an organization providing opportunity to contribute and expand my skills and knowledge in the field of Geotechnical Engineering.
Attained Ph.D. in Geotechnical Engineering.
Attained MS degree of Earth System Engineering (Tunneling).
Published two papers and made two professional presentations.
Worked as a research associate and a teaching assistant.
Looking forward to enhance technical and research skills by working on challenging engineering projects.
2006 - 2008 Ph.D. degree in Geotechincal Engineering at University of Texas at Arlington, TX, USA (GPA = 4.00).
1999 - 2002 MS degree of Earth System Engineering (Tunneling) at Colorado School of Mines, CO, USA (GPA = 3.95).
1993 - 1997 Bachelor’s Degree studies of Civil Engineering at Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, THAILAND (Equiv. US GPA = 3.8).
2006 - Present
Doctoral Research Assistant at Civil Engineering Department, The University of Texas at Arlington, Texas USA.
Conduct standard and advanced soil testing including resilient modulus tests and resonant column tests.
Perform soil field instrumentation studies related to monitoring of soil moisture and matric suctions as well as soil movements via inclinometer surveys.
Perform numerical studies using finite element software including Plaxis and ABAQUS as well as FLAC programs.
Prepare reports indicating detailed evaluations of soil properties and recommendations for suitable soil improvement methods.
2002 - 2006
Geological Engineer, Engineering Geology Sub-division, Topographical and Geological Survey, Thai Royal Irrigation Department, Ministry of Agriculture and Co-operatives, Bangkok, THAILAND.
Perform geological mapping and surveying at Dam sites for rock/soil Classifications and quality ratings.
Identify potential types of rock/soil failures at the dam sites.
Assess rock/soil slopes and tunnels stabilities including rock behaviors relating to rock/soil mass movements.
Determine rock excavation and/or blasting methods for slopes and tunnels.
Inspect and evaluate failure of dam foundations and irrigation structures.
Install dam instrumentations for new and existing dams according to dam safety measurements.
Design and inspect dam’s foundations improvements by slurry grouting method.
2000 – 2002
Research Assistant at Earth Mechanic Institute (EMI), Colorado School of Mines, Colorado USA.
Prepare and conduct testing of rock cored samples from tunneling sites.
Evaluate quality, strength, and abrasivity of rock samples based on laboratory testing.
1999 - 2000
Building Design Engineer at Thai Government Bank, Bangkok, THAILAND.
Design steel and reinforce concrete buildings for the bank’s branches.
Design and inspect the structures for rehabilitation of old building.
1997 - 1999
Site Engineer, Sa Nga Lue Cha Panich Co., Ltd. (Civil Construction Company), Bangkok, THAILAND.
Relocation of utilities obstructing new highway construction.
Supervision the sub-contractor for construction works of 16.5 ft. diameter pipe-jacking conduits.
Supervision the sub-contractor for excavation and sheet pile works of station box for connecting large water supply conduits.
Licensure and Memberships:
Engineer in Training (E.I.T.).
Member of ASCE Student Chapter and Thailand Geotechnical Society.
1. Manosuthkij, T., Puppala, A.J., Nazarian, S., Siride, S., Hoyos, L.R., “Comparisons Between Field and Laboratory Suction Measurements.” Journal of the Transportation Research Board, National Academy of Science, Transportation Research Board, Washington D.C. July, 2008 (in press).
2. Manosuthkij, T., Puppala, A.J., Nazarian, S., Wanyan, Y. “Comparisons Between Measured and Predicted Swell Strains Using PVR and Suction Based Models” ASCE Geotechnical Special Publication 162, Geo-Denver, Colorado, February, 2007.
1. Manosuthkij, T., “Comparisons Between Field and Laboratory Suction Measurements.” Transportation Research Board Meeting, Washington D.C. January, 2008.
2. Manosuthkij, T.. “Comparisons Between Measured and Predicted Swell Strains Using PVR and Suction Based Models” ASCE Geo-Denver meeting, Colorado, February, 2007.
Scholarships and Honors:
2008 University Scholar Award for Academic Excellence at University of Texas at Arlington, USA.
2006 Doctoral Research Assistantship with Full Tuition at The University of Texas at Arlington, USA.
2000 PHRI (Port and Harbor Research Institute) Research Assistantship at Yokosuka, Japan.
1999 Royal Thai Government Scholarship for Masters Degree in USA.
1997 Japan Highway Public Corporation (Exchanged student) Traineeship at Shizuoka, Japan.
Proficient in using MS Office, Internet, AutoCAD, GRASP, Surfer, Didger, Grapher, DIP, Swedge, Unwedge, Phase2, Mathcad, Geostudio, Plaxis, FLAC, ABAQUS.
English (Good), Japanese (Fair), Thai (Native)
Available for national or international relocation.
Similar ResumesCivil Engineer, Geotechnical Engineer, Structural Engineer
- geotechnical, pile, draftsman, civil engineer,...Geotechnical Engineering
Canada, Calgary, AB
- geotechnical, calgary, iran, tunnel, interchange,...Geotechnical Engineer
- geotechnical, ksa, amman, pile, quarry, soils,...Senior Level Finance, Operations, General Manager / Director
- level finance, 1508, genesys, cognos, gene,...Geotechnical Engineer
Canada, Richmond Hill, ON
- snc, geotechnical, civil engineer, hyundai,...Sr.Geotechnical Eng
- thomasville, malls, geotechnical engineer, prime,...Curriculum Vitae Production Director General Specialist
- aux, et, je, mon, res, du, mes, un, ai, es,...Entry Level Civil Engineer/Project Engineer
san jose, CA
- level civil engineer, entry level civil,...Engineer in Training
- k9, arm, graham, geotechnical, estimate,...Staff Environmental Engineer
Redwood City, CA
- geotechnical, tension, shear, resistance,...