José J. Berríos Del Río
Richardson, TX 75081
• Mechanical Engineer recent graduate with experience on reading ASME codes (B31.3 Process Piping) during Puerto Rico Power Authority project and evaluate the pipeline condition owing the thermal expansion using CAD software (SolidWorks) and performing a procedure manual for it maintenance.
• Experience on lathe and CNC milling machines, CAD (Computer Aided Design) and FEM (Finite Element Method) software with Formula SAE student project design competition.
• Quick learner, goal-oriented, innovative and adapt easily to new situations, competent in handling tasks, both individually as well as within a team. Excellent communication skills in Spanish; proficiency in English.
Polytechnic University of Puerto Rico
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering 2011
Accredited by ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology).
Specialized Engineering Coursework
Aerospace Structures Solid Mechanics Engineering Materials Mechanism Design Design of Machine Elements Manufacturing Engineering Intermediate Fluid Dynamics Thermodynamic Heat Transfer System Dynamics & Controls Computer Knowledge: Pro-Engineer - Solidworks - Matlab – Trilogi (PLC’s).
Modérnica (Apple Premium Reseller)
Supervising, recruiting, developing and retaining staff. In charge of customer service. Exceeded operational expectations by implementing and maintaining high retail standards. Responsible of assuring all store policies, procedures, and controls are followed, as well as planning, organizing, and delegating work among staff. Responsible for opening and closing.
• Improved the counting process in the inventory, reducing counting time in 50%.
• Implemented an effective store merchandising process that improved consumer access, which significantly increased sales in this area.
• Improved the dispatching process to avoid errors at a minimum in the storage area.
• Executed effective employee trainings, which resulted in over 26% increase in sales versus previous year.
Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority (PREPA)
Mechanical Engineering Capstone Design Project
Analysis of Bunker C pipeline system in the PREPA’s power plants, creating a protocol to repair actual damages and prevent futures failures. To solve their problem was necessary create a manual procedure using ASME codes and recreates the conditions with some computer software’s.
• Analyzed Bucker-C pipeline from corrosion and thermal expansion.
• Thermal expansion simulation using CAD software (SolidWorks) and FEM software (ANSYS).
• Thermal expansion analysis using ASME B31.3 (Process piping).
Polytechnic University of Puerto Rico, Formula SAE West Competition
2005 – 2006
Develop a small Formula style racecar. Project provided extensive exposure to manufacturing processes such as, welding, CNC milling and lathe; modeling using SolidWorks software, construction, analysis and testing of PUPR’s Formula SAE project.
• 1st place between Puerto Rico’s universities.
• Top ten in cost competition.
• 27th place on design competition among 71 universities.
SolidWorks Associate Certified, 2011
General Industry Certified, 30-Hours, OSHA, 2011
SAE (Society of Automotive Engineer Member)
Treasurer of PUPR’s Formula SAE chapter student.
- In charge of budget and material construction.
- 12,000 dollars collected by subjected proposal for the student chapter as treasurer.
SHPE (Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers)
• National Conference, Washington
CAD, Design, Mechanical, Electrical, Piping, Solidworks, Inventor
United States - drafter, solidworks, piping, autodesk, cad, solar,...
United States - solidworks, fluid, applied, administration, was,...
United States - solidworks, powerpoint, l.l.c., plastic, well,...
United States - cnc, mission, vba, cnc programmer, cargo, engineer,...
United States - solidworks, design, cnc, tester, mechanical,...
United States - solidworks, pump, autocad, cnc, gear, internal,...
United States - cnc, solidworks, milling, machinist, casting,...