Research Medical Technical Experience India Scientist
|Debdip Ghosh, Ph.D.
*** ***** ******** *****, *********, MD 20850 • (734) ***-**** • firstname.lastname@example.org
Internship at National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive
and Kidney Diseases (NIH) Office of Technology Transfer January 2012 - Present
Research Fellow, NIDDK / NIH, Bethesda, MD July 2010 – Present
Post-Doctoral Research, NIDDK / NIH, Bethesda, MD August 2006- June 2010
Ph.D. in Chemistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor September 2001 – April 2006
M.S. in Organic Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, India. August 1999 - May 2001
B.S., St. Xaviers’ College, Kolkata, India. August 1996 - June 1999
AWARDS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIH) Visiting Fellow Award, 2006
• Organized and initiated collaboration between primary investigator of patent application, a researcher in the National Cancer Institute as well as Bio-Nucleonics Inc., a pharmaceutical company in Florida for applying a platform technology towards imaging as a MRI contrasting agent
• Secured collaboration with USUHS and the NIH Chemical Genomics Center to probe small molecule drug targets using peroxisomal proteins
• Secured collaboration with the Keck Biophysics Facility at Northwestern University to conduct Ultra-centrifugation experiments with de novo designed peptides in exchange for IP rights.
• Assisted mentor in obtaining a $1,250,000 government grant to study toxic metal complexation by de novo designed peptides based on dissertation work.
LEADERSHIP ROLES AND ACTIVITIES
• Assisted professor in preparing lectures, assignments and examinations for more than 100 chemistry and pre-medical students; obtained extremely high performance rating from students
• Mentored and supervised multiple undergraduate and graduate research thesis projects
(1) Ghosh, D.; Pecoraro, V.L.; Inorg. Chem., 2004, 43, 7902-7915.
(2) Iranzo, O.; Ghosh D.; Pecoraro, V.L.; Inorg. Chem., 2006, 45, 9959-9973.
(3) Ghosh, D.; Berg, J.M.; J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2010, 132, 3973-3979.
• Strong background in chemistry / biochemistry with extensive knowledge of solid-phase peptide synthesis and cloning, expression and purification of recombinant proteins from E. Coli.
• Spearheaded investigation into the interactions of wild-type human Pex5p protein towards a series of human peroxisomal proteins with the goal of demonstrating how the PTS1 signals and protein expression levels may have coevolved to facilitate appropriate peroxisome assembly
• Designed and implemented the investigation of the thermodynamic and kinetic characterization of mercury(II) and cadmium(II) binding to three stranded α-helical coiled coil peptides to serve as models for the metalloregulatory proteins, merR and CadC and their consequent study of protein folding.
• Investigated kinetic, mechanistic and structural modeling of protein folding and protein-protein interactions using Fluorescence, Stopped Flow, UV-Vis, NMR, Circular Dichroism spectroscopies.
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY MEMBERSHIP
• Nominated Member of Sigma Xi, the Scientific Society • Member of the American Chemical Society
• Good communication skills, effective listener, flexible and adaptable, an analytical problem solver, proven decision making skills, team player
Similar ResumesAdministrative Assistant Customer Service Manager
Fort Washington, MD - maryland, administrator, automation, supervisor,...Experience Assistant Health Research Molecular Biology
Rockville, MD - sample, canada, biology, institutes, ontario,...Medical Technologist/ Microbiologist
Culpeper, VA - technologist, medical technologist, microbiologist,...Business Sales Management Data Project Sap Supply Chain
Columbia, MD - sap, bw, hyperion, template, architect, offshore,...Assistant North Carolina Data Experience Medical
Rockville, MD - fda, sas, nichols, clinical, anderson,...Biochemistry and molecular biology
Columbia, MD - es, fda, army, india, delhi, md, technician, vitae,...Engineer Assistant Environmental Health Experience
Baltimore, MD - environmental, engineer, md, keeper, land,...Call 3017961260
Washington, DC - fda, india, delhi, pharmacy, anti, drug,...Prof. Truck Driver (CDL)
Baltimore, MD - cdl, truck driver, driver, truck, md, baltimore,...Research and Consulting/Sales and Client Relations
College Park, MD - examples, affairs, africa, oil, joseph, china,...