More than **
years of experience in IT industry specialized in Oracle Database Administration with proven consulting, management and database administration skills. Working as a Senior Principal Oracle Database administrator for past 11+ years and last 3-4 years as a Oracle EBS applications (11i/R12) DBA, with excellent project management skills, self starter, worked on various complex projects at the same time with multiple priorities and help them in resolving it to completion. I have successfully lead team of Dba’s and an able strategic planner to formulate database solutions in accordance with business objectives. Last but not the least I am a motivated professional, skilled communicator, team leader, posses’ managerial skills, with a good mentoring ability to help the team and a great team player.
Looking for a manager / senior lead positions related to infrastructure / database / Oracle applications technology and architecture.
Master of Science in Computer Application - Univ of Madras, India (1990 – 1993)
Bachelor of Science in Math (B.S.) - Univ. of Madras, India (1985 – 1988)
Certified Oracle Database Administrator for (Oracle 7/8/8i/9i/10g).
Working towards 11g upgrade, PMP and ITIL certification.
Working towards getting oracle certified applications DBA (OCP for apps)
Government security cleared.
Worked part-time as a Oracle instructor.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Solaris(8,9), IBM AIX(5), UNIX (SUN, HP, AIX), Linux (RHEL,SUSE, Fedora), Windows(2k, XP, 2003), VMWare (Workstation, GSX, ESX), Unix Shell Scripting
Software and GUI Tools
Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), Grid-Control, AWR, ADDM reports, Statspack, Utlestat, Utlbstat, DBMS_PROFILE and TKPROF utilities, and other homegrown monitoring scripts. Third Party performance tools like Quest’s Toad, Sql Navigator, SQL-Lab, Space manager, Stealth Collect, Lecco, Spot Light, OEM Perf pack, DB-Artisan, BMC’s DBX-ray and Statspack viewer and PLSQL Developer.
Packaged Applications (ERP)
Oracle Clinical, Thesaurus Management system and Laboratory Information management Systems (LIMS),
Oracle E-business Suite 126.96.36.199 and R12.
Korn Shells, Bourne Shells, C Shells, Awk, Sed and Perl Scripting.
Data Modeling Tools
Power Designer, Oracle Designer 2000, ER-studio, and ERWIN.
Project Management and Office Tools
MS-Outlook, MS-Office, MS-Visio, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Project, Sharepoint, Compass.
CHOP ( Nov ‘08 – Present)
Lead Database Architect / DBA Supervisor
Work as a Oracle/SQL technical Lead dba to help the team with technical and architectural solutions and also help to standardize the process.
• Manage and participate in the CHOP’s change control and change management processes, standardize the process by documenting and represent the DBA group in a CRB/DRB and DRS calls.
• Help the manager with mentoring and staff developmental process.
• Direct, delegate, prioritize, troubleshoot, and monitor the operational work tasks for team members.
• Identify gaps, document process, and implement standard operating procedures for the DBA team.
• Participate in On-call schedule and Tier-1 system White Board resolution efforts.
• Work closely with the Solutions consultants and Clients solutions consultants on intake/work requests, attend database/application planning meetings, help the management with prioritization and planning.
• Organize and manage working sessions with vendors/clients to understand the requirements to provide database architectural and technical support.
• Represent and participate in vendor conferences to represent the group to establish and network with industry leaders and keep up with technological challenges.
• Communicate plans, status, metrics, and issues to higher management.
• Assists team members and helps them manage changing work priorities and work backlog, and devise metrics for measuring performance.
• Performs peer review and offers feedback, Verifies documentation is complete and up to date, Verifies thorough testing of proposed changes and/or implementations, Verifies all Database components are configured to standard and are properly functioning, Participates in testing of proposed changes and/or implementations when necessary.
• Perform performance evaluation of team members and work with Management and team member to provide opportunity to meet the career, business and project related goals.
• Support databases for Clinical apps like Egate, CardioIMS, Clarity, Lawson, Kronos, Chartmax. Archibus, Safetynet.
Biztech (Nov ‘07 – Nov ’08)
Oracle RAC and Oracle Applications Implementation Lead Architect
• Implement 2-node oracle RAC solution for different clients on Linux, AIX and windows environments.
• Implement Oracle BI (Siebel) and Oracle BI Analytics on 4 node AIX systems using 2 nodes for Oracle cluster, and 1 node for ETL server hosting DAC and Informatica and 1 node for oracle BI applications.
• Provide day-to-day applications dba support for database hosting oracle e-business system applications running 11.5.10.
• Install, patch, clone and upgrade E-business suite applications in production environment.
• Migrating 188.8.131.52 environment to Oracle applications Release 12.
• Upgraded Discoverer 4i to 10g in production server.
• Currently certified for Oracle Business Accelerator.
• Upgraded 184.108.40.206 to R12 in development and test.
• Perform patch management and follow change management process to apply in production.
• Provide database assessments and RAC implementation guidance to clients.
• Mentor junior DBA team in RAC environment.
• Research and resolve complex technical issues with effective communication, implementation and architectural support
• Support oracle apps clients with their day-to-day needs on patching, cloning, performance tuning, support and architecture.
• Setup physical data guard solution for disaster recovery, create centralized monitoring and maintenance environment using Oracle GRID control, create a centralized 10g RMAN catalog for backup, and migrate current 9i instances to 10g catalog in production for multiple clients.
• Provide DR solutions to clients and implement them.
• Install, configure and deploy Oracle 11g-based database solutions to Biztech client.
• Conduct research and make recommendations on database and apps products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts. Test and implement new DB features.
• Lead database transaction and security audits.
• Prioritize workload based on business need.
• Manage/Mentor and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
• Work with different teams/department to understand their goals and help architect solutions that meet their needs. Assess and develop long-term strategic goals for production databases in conjunction with data owners and department managers.
• Define database standards, implement best practices and promote consistency, standardization and efficiency within the environments managed for the managed services clients.
(EMC in Boston, Motorola in Libertyville, IL, Dept of Justice in DC, Cardinal Health in OH.)
(All across US) (May ’06 – Nov ‘07)
Tech Arch Manager and Principal Database architect for Oracle Applications.
• Currently working as a systems manager in a federal government agency to lead a technical architecture team of 4 DBA’s supporting 2 node 10g RAC with oracle application server on AIX.
• This is a full system life cycle development project currently in post-production maintenance stage.
• Worked at various client sites (Motorola and EMC) as a technical architecture lead to implement and deploy solutions.
• At Motorola, managed EIM data-warehouse and provided architectural solutions using 2-node Oracle RAC, Informatica as ETL tool, and Business objects as reporting tool to report sales and marketing analysis.
• At EMC, I was supporting a 4-node RAC cluster as a performance tuning DBA to support custom oracle applications 11i and provide tuning recommendations on various CRM, Sales Order and Financial modules.
• Work as a DBA and database design architect to tune their applications environment.
• Help the team to prioritize, plan, schedule, report and manage their day-to-day tasks.
• Provide timely status reports to management and to the functional team executives on application issues and work closely with the implementation team for successful deployment.
• Lead the creation of models for new database development and/or changes to existing ones. Act as technical and management escalation for business affecting issues related to database technologies and implement a operating model for database support.
• Implemented successfully Disaster recovery environment using Oracle Data guard for production system and also created standard operating procedures for performing DR test at regular intervals.
JP Morgan Chase (Sr. Oracle DBA and database architect), (Iselin, NJ) (Jun ‘05 – May ’06)
Manage various Oracle databases environments in multiple platforms like Solaris, HP, AIX and NT environments.
Manage projects and provide oracle-based solutions to the team and administer their databases, provide application, implementation support for successful deployment to the production environment.
Perform day-to-day task of administration and provide high-end architectural support in new project initiatives.
Provide high-end technical architectural solutions containing RAC, data guard solution for DR and standby solutions, replication to the application team and production support group.
Managed couple of SQL server 2000 development based databases as a DBA capacity, responsible for day to day user needs and backups.
Judge Corp Working for Merck Pharmaceuticals (Westpoint, PA) (Mar 2005 – May 2005)
Consultant (Sr. Oracle DBA)
• Manage their corporate side sales and marketing SOX compliant 9i and 10g databases.
• Applying revisions and migrations from Erwin into the databases.
• Manage the infrastructure side of these databases and also help the team to performance tune and troubleshoot
TEK systems working for Market Computing Inc. (Remote) (Jan-2005 – Feb 2005)
Sr. Principal Oracle DBA
• Setup Production Oracle9i and Oracle10g databases on a RedHat Linux3.0 AS in a 2 node RAC environment and also configure them to use RMAN using veritas netbackup to backup the database.
• Manage and migrate the SQL server production databases to SAN environment.
• Troubleshoot problems and formalize database standards.
TEK systems working for Bristol Meyers Squibb Pharmaceutical (Hopewell,NJ) (April 2003 – Dec 2004)
Consultant (Sr. Principal Oracle DBA)
• Manage enterprise wide Endeavor Project constituting 17 different projects underneath it, involving 68 oracle instances running in 7.x to 10g environment and totaling up to 3TB in size on SAN devices.
• Involved in full SDLC process and helping them from modeling to deployments in all environments.
• Day to Day work involves project planning, application rollouts, database rollouts, database maintenance and deployments to UAT, tuning, backup and recovery, troubleshooting, upgrades, migration and patching, capacity planning, auditing, adhering to security standards and following change management, disaster recovery, validations and confirming to the 21-CFR-Part11 business standards and SOP’s.
• Providing 24 x 7 support to all critical tier-I applications and also to perform yearly once the DR test for them. Managing the special kinds of pharmaceutical related cartridges in the databases and also some of the advanced features of Oracle 9i and 10g.
• Also couple of databases used JVM enabled DB and XML DB features to store the jsp’s and xml pages in the databases. Help the team with some of this task on a need to basis.
• Managed 3rd party applications running on sql server 2000 in DBA capacity.
TEK systems working for MOIS (Philadelphia, PA) (Aug 2002 – March 2003)
Consultant (Sr. Oracle DBA)
• Provide technical assistance in setting up and managing the development, test and production environment for three-tiered data warehouse architecture using Oracle 9i Application server, Oracle Portal, Oracle Warehouse Builder (for ETL), Cognos for reporting and Oracle 9i Database.
• Maintain and Develop physical/logical data models for the Oracle 9i database using Oracle Designer 9i.
• Design and develop backup and disaster recovery plan for the Oracle 9i database.
• Design and develop security plans for the database users accessibility based on HIPAA regulations and corporate standards.
• Create ad-hoc and metadata audit reporting using OWB and oracle portal.
• Install, configure, and manage the application using Oracle Portal.
• Plan and manage change control process and also establish database production rollout procedure.
• Performance tunes the database for optimum data loads into the data warehouse.
ZONE Telecom Company, Cherry Hill, NJ (Jul 2001 – Aug 2002)
Sr. Oracle DBA
• Principal Database administrator supporting all mission critical 24x7 production, QA, staging, testing and development databases with Oracle versions 8, 8i in Sun-Solaris, windows 2000, and Windows NT environment and providing on call support.
• Design, develop, implement, and maintain physical and logical Oracle database design using Designer.
• Transforms business information and security requirements into physical data models, structures, and integrate complex business rules into the database.
• Plan and schedule database installations/upgrades/migrations/patch upgrades and also provide infrastructure support for DB servers and storage.
• Design, develop, implement various backup/recovery options, and formulate plan for disaster recovery of the database according to the corporate driven policies and standards using both hot and cold backups and RMAN.
• Lead and manages all database related projects using effective project management techniques throughout the system life cycle development between a team of 3 DBA’s.
• Implemented Database Replication (Multi-master Replication) between production and data warehouse databases to transfer data into warehouse, and also
• Troubleshooting and tuning application query’s and database for optimum performance using Statspack and also using the third party tools like DBXray and OEM performance pack.
• Provide High availability solutions using hot standby databases, Oracle Fail-Safe and Sun HA Cluster.
Excellent Team player and a mentor to provide cross training between the groups.
Omnicare Clinical Research, King of Prussia, PA (Apr 2000 – Jun 2001)
Sr. Oracle DBA
• Responsible for supporting, administering and managing multiple production Oracle database instances 24X7 on Sun Solaris based Unix systems and Windows NT.
• Manage support team for Oracle Clinical, Oracle TMS and all functional groups to assure a smooth implementation and to insure compliance with all corporate adopted system standards and directions to maintain the application.
• Creates, maintains, reviews and approves all required database related projects, management reports, database performance and enhancements reports in a timely fashion.
• Monitored projects from initiation to completion phase with the requirements and specifications as per 21 CFR part11 designed in SDLC.
• Conduct database audits, licensing issues, performance tuning, capacity planning and scheduling, upgrades and installations, patch application, code review, troubleshooting database and application problems and review and evaluate new modules / Third-party products / Applications.
• Design, develop, and test plan for database backup and monitor disaster recovery of the database according to the corporate driven policies and standards.
• Design, develop, implement, maintain, document and control overall database system policies, standards and procedures for ensuring security, integrity and compliance of the database according to the SOPs and FDA’s 21CFR part-11 Standards.
• Assist in technical evaluation of team members and mentoring them as per the requirements.
• Work closely with Quality Control/ Validation department on the database change control process and help in maintaining and managing it.
• Team member of the task force for 21 CFR part 11 compliance processes.
The Hibbert Group, Trenton, NJ (January 1997 – Apr 2000)
• Supported their production, test and development instances on Sun Solaris.
• Design and implement automated monitoring and reporting tools for the database’s overall activity and also to report the status of the backups and database failures.
• Tuned database for optimum performance, managed logical and physical database models using Power Designer, configured the Oracle networks, and installing, upgrading and migrating the database.
• Designed and implemented multiple utilities using PL/SQL, SQL, and Unix Scripts to enable database administration automation.
• Helped in standardizing development environment based on the corporate defined ISO standards and created tools to enforce them; created scripts that permits speedy troubleshooting of database problems.
• Designed, implemented and tested exact strategies for extract transform and load (ETL) data from multiple operational system including IBM/DB2, sun/oracle, and flat files into Oracle.
• Design, develop and test plans for database backup and recovery.
• Prior to being an Oracle DBA, provided consulting services in Oracle and PowerBuilder and designed developed, implemented and managed the project for customer Fulfillment Systems for them.
General Electric, Louisville, KY (May 1996-December 1996)
Consultant (Systems Analyst)
• Involved in design and development of Oracle and PowerBuilder based 2-tier batch processing system developed to support new program implementation for the service contracts and also to integrate it with the retail and month-to-month portfolio of the service management group system.
WORKED IN INDIA FROM MAY 1993 - April 1996
As Systems Engineer thru Project Lead
• Developed Oracle and PowerBuilder Based Client-Server application systems using Oracle backend.
• Lead the overall project thru the SDLC process from start to end and managed a team of 8 developers for this project globally.
I can provide it upon request.