****, ********* ***, *** **, Kalamazoo, MI
Highly motivated individual with strong work ethics, seeking a position in engineering or manufacturing field that utilizes my extensive knowledge and skills in process and product design, optimization and working towards the growth of the organization
• M.S in Industrial Engineering Dec 2010
Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI GPA: 3.35
• B.S in Mechatronics Engineering May 2007
Anna University, Chennai, India. GPA: 3.5
Manufacturing Internship (July 10 – present)
Humphrey products, Kalamazoo, Michigan
• Designed tools for various pneumatic sleeve settings in the assembly line to reduce the cycle time
• Conducted various time studies for continuous improvement process
• Designed a new mechanism for the existing machine as per the ergonomic standards
• Set- up time reduction in machine shop
• Testing and analysis for the failure of pneumatic valves
• Carried out Root-Cause analysis for the quality problems associated in the assembly line and implemented mistake-proofing (Poka –Yoke) to eradicate the imperfection
• Developed various Initial Sample Inspection Report (ISIR) and Material Complaint Notice (MCN) for various quality issues
• Good Hands on experience with co-ordinate measuring machine (CMM)
• Developed control plans and charts for the process improvements involved in the assembly line
Rural Engineering Corporation, Tamilnadu, India (July 07-May 08)
• Implemented lean manufacturing methodology to reduce the lead-time and inventories
• Handled problems related with the material handling operations during production
• Study of facility layout and successful implementation of new conveyor systems
• Developed Production part approval process and Bill of Materials for the production
• Involved in reduction and tagging of the scraps
• Created Bottleneck analysis for the problems held in the manufacturing
• Scheduled tasks for the production and ensured daily activities
• As a part of Continuous Improvement operation emphasized the purpose of 5S concept among associates.
Steel Authority of India Ltd, Tamilnadu, India (Dec 06-March 07)
Project: Design and Fabrication of the lifting mechanism
• Created a solution for the scratches occurred on the steel strips
• Designed an effective hydraulic lifting mechanism to lift the steel strips during the welding process to avoid the scratches occurred
• Implemented various continuous improvement solutions during the process of welding.
CAD Tools : Auto CAD, Pro-E, Solid edge, Block Plan
Manufacturing : Lean manufacturing, 5’S methodology
Languages : C, C++
Operating Systems : Windows (95, 98, 2000, NT), UNIX, MS/DOS
Microsoft Office : Word, Power Point, Excel
GAST Vacuum systems, Benton Harbor
• Implemented a new facility layout for a new product
• Used value stream mapping to reduce the lead time and identified non-value added activities
• Reduced the lead time by altering the inspection process to check components only with critical dimensions
• Analyzed the solution with the help of the Block plan software
Capital Budgeting and Cost Analysis, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo
• Economic analysis of project investments using excel
• Machine replacement analysis for the production management
Advanced simulation and Analysis, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo
• Designed a simulation model for a real life problem to reduce the number of tellers in a banking system
• Used Pro- model software for the simulation analysis
Atlanta, GA - lean, yr, manufacturing, sigma,...
Glendale, CA - manufacturing, manufacturing engineer, lean,...
Gurnee, IL - flow, lean manufacturing, improvement, lean, steel,...
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Cedar Rapids, IA - manufacturing engineer, manufacturing, engineer,...
Grand Rapids, MI - lean, plant, lean manufacturing, manufacturing,...
Spring, TX - manufacturing engineer, raw,...
Escondido, CA - manufacturing engineer, lean, manufacturing,...