Mark D. Herbert
Technologically oriented professional with an extensive background in Product Engineering, Manufacturing, and Market Research Analysis.
• Team Building, Training • Productivity Improvements • Cost Cutting
• Project Management • Team Leadership • Product Design
• Trouble Shooting • Manufacturing Improvements • Supplier Management
Honda Research & Development Americas Ohio Center, Raymond Ohio 2007-Present
One of the world's leading manufacturer of automobiles, motorcycles, marine equipment, power generators, and airplanes.
Design Engineer – Interior Design, Seating and Safety Division:
Recent completed projects: 2009 Honda Pilot and 2011 Honda Odyssey. Current major role is the Lead Safety Engineer in charge of safety equipment integration for future Honda vehicles.
• Worked with Honda design studio in LA to merge artistic design and functional practicality into a cohesive architecture.
• Manage contract designers to develop CAD data.
• Design complete seating systems for second and third row seats.
• Cost analysis of the sheet metal and leather components based on material, size, and manufacturing process.
• Chair design concern meetings between engineering, testing, manufacturing, and suppliers.
• Set design specifications for performance, strength and marketability. Oversee testing procedures.
• Development of the manufacturing and assembly process of the components with plant.
• Visit supplier plants to review the manufacturing process. Proposed ways to improve processes.
• Collaborate with the Sales/Accessory department when creating the user manual.
• Created patent claims with the aid of Honda Legal department ensuring to protect against patent infringement.
• Implementation of CAE simulation results to improve design.
• Participated in an R-Theme to create a business instruction that helps improve employees pride at Honda.
Key Achievements at Honda:
• Successfully eliminated 2 of Honda’s most costly warranty items.
• Successful Launch of the Honda Pilot and Honda Odyssey, each receiving 5 Star crash and safety awards.
• Published seven patent applications approved.
Courses taken at Honda:
Honda Philosophy, Managing Multiple Projects & Balancing Priorities, Cross Cultural Training, Development Flow, Meeting Skills Workshop, Problem Solving & Decision Making, Quality Seminar, Diversity: Creating an Inclusive Workplace, Approaches to Reliability, 4R Drivers Permit, Exceeding Customers Expectation, Manufacturing Process Training, Supplier Management.
OEMetrix Component Solutions, Floral Park, New York 10/06 – 02/07
• Conduct inspections of parts before shipping to the customer.
• Review customers drawing for design concerns before submitting to the manufacturer.
• Review concerns with the customers.
• Review customers’ orders and payment status before authorizing shipping.
• Draft delivery contracts for new customers and validate their payment method.
The City College of New York, New York, NY GPA: 3.2
Degree: B.E., Mechanical Engineering; June 2006.
Kingsborough Community College, Brooklyn, NY GPA: 3.4
Degree: A.S., Engineering Science; May 2003 Wave Scholarship
Pro Engineer/Mechanica, CATIA V5, SolidWorks 2005, NASTRAN, Fluent, Microsoft Office, IBM Lotus Notes 8.5, I/P Dream
STEM (Science Technology Engineering Mathematics) Mentor
• Support students at Northland High School with STEM activities such as FIRST Robotics competition.
• Responsible for differential design and research as well as devise a dynamometer to test the torque distribution of the mechanism.
• Designed CV housing and performed stress analysis using FEA program Pro Mechanica.
• Contacting companies for potential sponsorship of the team.
Motorbike Impact Protective Device:
• Develop an external cage that protected the outer elements of a motorbike doing a crash, thus reducing repair cost.
• Simulated and modeled a typical accident by carefully analyzing many videotaped bike crashes. This was done to better understand the traditional way a bike falls and the areas of the bike that are mostly affected by a crash. With this information we were able to create a design that gave the best overall protection without affecting the rider.
• Optimized the design to be as light weight as possible by applying an intricate configuration of hollow tubing that distributed the impact force of an accident evenly over the cage instead of the bikes components.
Medical Research, Clinical Coordinator
New York, NY - honda, surg, medicine, ophthalmology, pediatric,...
New York, NY - catia, power plant, design engineer, catia v5, v5,...
Durham, NC - honda, volvo, advisor, automotive, gold, parts,...
New York, NY - honda, cold calling, tri, fluent, executives,...
DRIVER WITH HONDA PILOT
New York, NY - driver, pilot, honda, new york, york, ny, com...
Teaneck, NJ - sas, programmer, pl, cobol, pl sql, db2, sql, jcl,...
Help Desk Supervisor / Manager
Teaneck, NJ - help desk, cisco, desk, joseph, symantec,...