Guy L Bower – Resume**** * ******* ****
Avon Park Florida 33825
Home Phone # 863-***-****
Cell Phone # 863-***-****
To contribute to the success of your organization, while advancing my career by continuously enhancing and utilizing Telecom and Computer Networking skills to their fullest potential.
Currently attending South Florida Community College with a 4.0 GPA in Computer Networking. Finished the Cisco program through SFCC; and currently studying for the CCNA and Microsoft Windows 7 Client certification exams.
Completed a school project trouble shooting wireless network for Sunny Pines RV Park in Sebring. Still providing computer and networking support for the park.
Owner-Action Man Services-home/business Maintenance and Computer Networking – Avon Park, Florida
• Developed Engineering and Installation methods and procedure for Feeder and Distribution fiber, and Fiber-to-the-Home (Business and Residential) during my time as a National Standards Manager. Also included SME for fiber restoration.
• Led the first Engineering Team to fully clean up fiber records and implement Fiber Management Tool (FMT) within Embarq.
• Engineer and Technical advisor for pre-wiring and maintaining telephone & data services to large apartment complexes and Hotel/Casinos in Las Vegas. This also included BICS engineering.
• Designed, developed, and implemented the computer based Work Activity Detail Sheet (Rake Sheet) to control billing. This was later developed as an Embarq system-wide tool.
• Received two patents for the development of computer construction tracking tools.
• Served as Project Manager and Architect of Sprint’s Engineering & Construction Vision projects, including the process for the development and deployment of fiber management tools.
• Developed and delivered executive level presentations and obtained business case approvals for numerous projects. I also managed employees who monitored the design, implementation, and training for the said projects.
• Negotiated with vendors for best pricing, warranty, and service on equipment and software.
• Developed High Speed Data and Construction Handbook used throughout the system.
• Standardized cost and developed a new process for Facility Damage Billing (Web Based).
Education • Graduate of VO Tech High School – Las Vegas, NV
With special emphasis in Computer Science
• Attended CCSN (Community College of Southern Nevada), pursuing an Associate of Science degree- special emphasis in advanced mathematics and engineering. Transferred to Kansas City before completion of degree.
• Currently attending South Florida Community College finishing my degree and obtaining Cisco Certification in computer networking.
1996-1998 Cable Construction Supervisor (Managed 32 Splicers)-Sprint - Nevada
1998-1999 Engineer Network II-Sprint - Nevada
1999-2001 CSO National Standards & Process Manager II-Sprint – Corporate Headquarters Kansas
2001-2005 CSO National Standards & Process Manager III-Sprint – Corporate Headquarters Kansas
2005-2010 Engineering & Construction Manager - Embarq/CenturyLink - Avon Park, Florida
2010-Present Owner-Action Man Services-home/business Maintenance and Computer Networking – Avon Park, Florida
In addition to demonstrating flexibility and skill in adapting to change and learning new systems and processes, I have been able to exhibit proficient management, decision making, problem solving, and communication skills while always maintaining good work ethics. I have extensive experience in the following processes:
• Project Management - with focus on organization of projects and presentation of both written and oral proposals and project reports
Sprint Quality Standards
Business Case Research, Preparation and Approval
Systems Planning, Enhancements, and Testing
Subject Matter Expert for Outside Plant Engineering and Construction
Microsoft Visio, Word, Power Point, Excel, Project, Outlook, AutoCad, Cisco Switching, Routers, Windows 7 Client Services and Internet Explorer
Extensive experience in managing and supervising the placement of aerial, underground, and buried telephone facilities, including the placement of manhole and conduit systems
National Electrical Code
Hurricane and other disaster preparedness and emergency restoration processes.
Managing racially, culturally, and ethnically diverse personnel.
Professional Training and Experience
Copper and Fiber Cable Design and Construction
Fiber Splicing & OTDR Training
Authored M&P’s for Fiber restoration and Splicing
Outside Plant Engineering I, II, and III
Outside Plant Corrosion Control & Test Training
Special Circuit Loop Requirement and Design
Dynatel 965 Cable Analyzer and similar test equipment
Throwmaster 105, 109, 409
Dynatel – Fault Locator and Transfer/Tagging Machine
3M MS Square Splicing Machine
University of Excellence courses: Basic Electronics, Time Management Course, Dealing with Change, Managing through Change, Interviewing, Word 1&2, Excel 1&2, Microsoft Project, Outlook 98, ATM Overview, ATM & SONET Technologies Access Guide, Basic DS1/DS3 Theory, DS1/DS3 Facility Trouble Shooting, Network Essentials: Network Data Transmission, Fundamentals of Sprint Quality, Sprint Best.
Personnel training has included Managing a Diverse Work Force, Leading with Diversity, Sexual Harassment, Managing the Difficult Employee, and Negotiating to Yes
First Aid Training
Community activities Eagle Scout – Boy Scouts of America
Coach Boy’s Basketball, Football and Baseball
Embarq/CenturyLink Community Relations Team
Military Nevada Army National Guard – Turret Mechanic
Transferred to the Navy Reserves/Seabees as a Construction Electrician specializing in telephony
References Available Upon Request