Supply Chain Manager Management Director Project
|NIKOLAI MULLIGAN, C.P.M.
cell: 269-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org 14627 Old Farm Rd.
skype: Nikolai.Mulligan www.linkedin.com/in/nikolaimulligan Granger, IN 46530
Corporate Executive with extensive experience in Strategic Sourcing and Operations Management in the home appliances, consumer products, and residential housing industries. Created enterprise value through:
Innovative Best Costs Solutions. Experienced leader in the alignment of corporate business objectives with the strategic supply chain planning process; proven ability to exceed cost savings and cash generation plan goals in each of the last three years.
Leadership. Recognized ability to build high performance teams; recruit and develop top talent, structure organizations with clear accountabilities, empowerment to make decisions, and imbed a customer-focused mindset. Managerial strengths include solving complex problems through an analytical fact based approach, working collaboratively with key internal customers and senior leaders, and focusing passionately on operational excellence.
Supply Chain Expertise. Accumulated depth of knowledge in wide array of sourcing disciplines including global sourcing selection, negotiation, and supply chain optimization. Manage a diverse global supply base across different commodities and finished OEM products. Work collaboratively with supplier senior executives and CEOs to achieve total cost, quality, and delivery objectives. Develop commodity strategies linked to product level roadmaps to leverage latest technology innovations.
WHIRPOOL CORPORATION, St. Joseph, MI 2008 - Present
$19 billion global manufacturer and marketer of home appliances, with more than 70,000 employees, and 70 manufacturing & technology centers. Brand portfolio includes Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, and Amana.
Director, Strategic Sourcing, North America (2011 - Present)
Managed direct materials buy of $1.5 billion. Basic Technology commodities include: Injection Molding, Stampings, Die Cast, Rubber, Extruded Plastics, Metal components, Wire & Wire Rack and Protective Packaging sourced globally (Asia, Brazil, Eastern Europe). Reported directly to Senior Director, Basic Technology with matrix responsibility to the VP of North American Procurement. Led direct staff of five commodity managers and twenty-three buyers across North America. Managed $2 million annual operating budget.
Director, Strategic Sourcing, Global (2008 - 2011)
Managed direct materials buy of $790 million Electro-Mechanical and Wiring Harnesses commodities, and $500 million Control assemblies, User interfaces, LCD, LED lighting and other electronic component commodities sourced globally (Taiwan, China, Japan, Eastern Europe). Reported directly to Senior Director, Strategic Commodities with matrix responsibility to the four Regional VPs. Led direct staff of eight commodity managers and twenty-one buyers across all regions. Managed $1 million annual operating budget.
Sourcing – Right Cost Solutions
• Achieved $67 million cost savings, 3% favorable to plan, and $25 million cash flow, 37% favorable to plan (2011)
• Restructured KitchenAid die cast bowl supply chain using Lean Value stream mapping, vertically integrated casting, machining and plating processes with suppliers. Result, 17% cost savings and 32% quality improvement.
• Achieved $54 million cost savings, 6% favorable to plan, and $15 million cash flow, 14% favorable to plan (2010)
• Sourced $175 million in electronics controls supporting seven New Product Introduction (NPI) launches conducted globally. Insured supplier readiness with long lead-time components and executed ramp down plan for discontinued controls.
• Achieved $21 million cost savings, 4% favorable to plan, and $14 million cash flow, 11% favorable to plan (2009)
Compliance – Risk Mitigation
• Achieved 78% supplier contract compliance across $790 million spend with commercial and legal protections that included ‘meet competition clauses’, total cost productivity, warranty, indemnification, consignment, and continuity of supply.
• Leveraged commodity market analysis to negotiate with suppliers to migrate $125 million in base metals to the corporate raw material hedging program in order to manage risk exposure in copper, aluminum, and zinc.
Supplier Relationship Management
• Negotiated settlement with adversarial injection molding supplier holding tools hostage in exchange for netting of accounts before exit. Then led diverse cross-functional team to move 600 tools in two weeks across nine suppliers.
• Organized a Technology Fair inviting several current strategic and new global controls suppliers, in order to foster early supplier collaboration in support of NPI, demonstrate next generation technology for appliances, and align supply base with business objectives to secure their resources for future technology development.
• Conducted supplier quarterly business reviews (QBRs) which evaluated performance around current business and NPI projects. Used defined metrics, captured in a scorecard, around cost, quality, and delivery to evaluate suppler performance.
Business Acumen – Change Management
• Led strategic planning process for organization. Linked business objectives to the sourcing plan to deliver $51 million cost savings, $13 million cash, 25% defect reduction, and 75% contract coverage. Measured results though KPIs thereby creating team accountability to achieve overall goals and objectives. Developed and implemented performance dashboard to visually demonstrate results and generate improvement plans. Results exceeded plan targets.
• Appointed member of executive leadership team, who led a transformation initiative to reorganize the global strategic sourcing organization, restructure work accountabilities, and implement new sourcing processes.
• Launched Global Tier II material management system: presented vision and business case to executive leadership, secured resourcing and funding, developed SAP based system, led project execution on time and 15% below the $4 million budget.
Organizational Effectiveness – Talent Development
• Restructured three commodity groups, impacting 17 positions, and hired three commodity managers, seven buyers, and two analysts in three months to support consolidation of NAR operations.
• Led professional direct staff successfully through the talent development cycle utilizing tools and processes, including 360 appraisals, formal feedback, 9-box placement, career planning, and succession planning for senior positions.
• Developed business case justification presented to senior leadership for the creation of an electronics Tier II group. Built a global organization, including reallocation of four professionals from other buying groups and one external hire in China. Team results in first year contributed an incremental 3% cost savings to plan.
• Recruited four high potential buyers through the internal Leadership Development Program and partnerships with supply chain focused universities.
PULTE GROUP, Bloomfield Hills, MI 2005 - 2008
$11 billion publicly traded residential construction company with 12,800 employees located in thirty seven US markets.
Director, Supply Chain, Florida
Managed direct materials buy of $437 million for seven markets. Executed the corporate strategic initiatives of structuring supply chains to support direct material flow to the construction jobsites. Negotiated regional contracts with suppliers and implemented a new labor strategy, by separating the material management and installation functional activities. Reported to the VP for Procurement. Managed seven commodity managers and twenty buyers.
• Established supply chains to construction jobsites for house materials including electrical wire, light fixtures, door hardware, roof shingles and trusses, lumber, and drywall in order to control direct material flow unbundled from the labor component. Designed operating processes, including material specifications, order management, inventory and demand planning. Implemented in four markets resulting in $5 million cost savings.
• Consolidated distributor providers and established process to cube out loads resulting in simplified construction jobsite deliveries and reduced transportation costs by $1 million.
• Insured material availability with no stoppage to production during the height of the residential new construction boom in 2005 . Pulte Group produced and closed 7348 homes in the Florida markets.
GENERAL ELECTRIC, Fairfield, CT 1998 - 2004
$173 billion diversified industrial company with 319,000 employees globally. GE competes in a number of industries including power systems, energy, medical, aviation, and consumer products.
Supplier Account Manager, GE Consumer and Industrial, North America (2003 - 2004)
Managed direct materials buy of $138 million for OEM lighting products. Charged with global sourcing decisions, material cost reductions, and NPI supplier launch readiness. Managed one operations analyst/buyer. Reported to GM, Global Finished Products.
• Managed consolidation and outsourcing initiative during the Lighting & Appliance Business integration. GE Lighting closed five US production plants and outsourced $60 million production to four Asian sources.
• Achieved $13 million cost savings through negotiations and competitive bid events, exceeding plan target by 9%.
• Launched twenty new ballast and lighting products to US market; ramped up the global production volume of 24 million units and hit 98% distribution fill rate targets.
Purchasing Manager, GE Consumer Products, North America (2001 - 2003)
Managed direct materials buy of $67 million for electronic controls and Tier II components across all product lines. Charged with global sourcing decisions, material cost reductions, and NPI supplier launch readiness. Reported to GM for Strategic Components.
• Led cross-functional global team, including selected suppliers, which redesigned five electronic control boards below target cost, resulting in $3 million cost savings and successful production ramp up to a 5 million unit yearly run rate.
• Achieved $16 million cost savings through negotiations and E-Auctions, exceeding plan target by 17%.
• Utilized competitive benchmarking, which identified new electronic controls suppliers, executed supplier qualification process and negotiated a $13 million master supplier contract with favorable commercial terms.
• Negotiated $6 million material obsolescence settlement with OEM supplier Sanyo. Reworked early revision parts and awarded incremental production, resulting in a reduced part cost impact of $400,000, no cash flow impact, and reduced inventory carrying costs of $900,000.
Six Sigma Black Belt, GE Appliances, North America (1999 - 2001)
Executed supplier lean productivity projects to reduce product defect rates, as well as distribution and order management projects with the National Accounts sales team. Reported to the GM for Six Sigma.
• Designed the appliance kiosk order management process for Wal-Mart. Customer orders triggered home delivery direct from GE distribution centers, saving $17 million in inventory carrying costs and increasing inventory turns by 0.26.
• Worked closely with OEM suppliers and distribution facilities managers to launch new distribution import staging facility resulting in improved national fill rates from 89% to 96%.
• Led OEM supplier and microwave product engineering team through Six Sigma DMAIC process to validate the redesign of the door latch system, resulting in a consumer service call rate reduction of 35%.
Engineering Project Manager, GE Appliances, North America (1998 - 1999)
Responsible for the NPI process for seven microwave oven and room air conditioner products sourced globally from Korea, Malaysia, and Japan. Reported to the Finished Products Technology Manager.
• Managed strategic global OEM supplier accounts including Samsung, LG, and Sanyo.
• Led cross-functional NPI team to develop specifications, select OEM sources, and ramp-up production for six new microwave oven models; launched on time, 5% below target costs and 14% below year 1 quality targets.
UNITED STATES NAVY, Washington D.C. 1992 - 1998
Joint Operations Placement Officer, Washington DC (1996 - 1998)
Assigned over 400 officers to serve in voluntary joint military and United Nations peacekeeping operations, including Desert Shield in the Persian Gulf, MINURSO in the Western Sahara, and UNMIK in Eastern Europe.
Division Officer, USS O’Brien DD-975, Yokosuka, Japan (1992 - 1996)
Led divisions of 23 engineers and 17 communications technicians. Qualified as Officer of the Deck to navigate the ship and Engineering Officer to operate the gas turbine propulsion system. Appointed custodian of classified information.
Executive M.B.A., General Management, Owen Graduate School of Management
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, 2001
B.S., Ocean Engineering (Mechanical),
United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD, 1992
Continuous Improvement and Lean training, Whirlpool, 2009
ERP, MRP experience and training, Whirlpool, 2008
C.P.M., Institute of Supply Management, 2001
Six Sigma Black Belt Certification, GE, 1999
Similar ResumesEngineer Mechanical Development Project Management
Lynchburg, VA - packaging engineer, bsme, interference, csa, emc,...Mechanical Engineer/Black Belt
Schenectady, NY - technical projects, renewables, rework, reduce,...Engineer Electrical Manager Customer Sales Business
Carmel, IN - electrical engineer, template, engineer,...Engineer Engineering Manufacturing Manager Project
Kokomo, IN - engineer, plc, quality engineer, indiana, diesel,...Controller, VP/CFO
United States - coca, coca cola, cola, controller, administrator,...Sales Manager Business Management Experience Medical
Grosse Pointe, MI - diesel, dba, thermal, crane, land, sales executive,...Oracle Project Manager Developer Analyst Software
Canada, Richmond Hill, ON - developer, programmer, dba, oracle, pl sql, sql,...Project Manager Developer Management New York
New York, NY - developer, architect, system integration, c#,...Business Analyst Software Management Project Developer
United States - sample, examples, business analyst, developer,...Manager Manufacturing Engineering Engineer Management
Bridgeport, WV - plastic molding, brett, toolroom, vtl, toolmaker,...