|MARK R. TAYLOR, C.P.A.
**** *** **** *****
Atlanta, GA 30319
404 ***-**** (c) 770 ***-****(h)
CPA with experience in diversified industries. Effective communicator with all levels of the organization and experienced in implementing efficiencies within an organization. Skilled at motivating a group and developing teamwork.
W. Ray Wallace & Associates, Inc., Alpharetta, Ga. 2009 to Present
Tax credit consulting company specializing in Georgia Retraining Tax Credit, Georgia Jobs Tax Credit, and Georgia ITC.
VP Finance- Responsible for finance, accounting, cash management, human resources, tax planning, and risk management.
• Moved company from cash based statements to accrual based statements.
• Revised company insurance programs including health, workers compensation and general liability programs, adding D&O and E&O coverage while reducing total cost by 40%.
• Automated financial statement process to close in 7 business days.
• Reduced days outstanding for accounts receivables increasing cash flow, and found $200k of unbilled receivables.
• Automated budget process and increased internal controls.
Cadillac Jack, Inc., Duluth Ga. 2007 to 2008
Equipment manufacturer and software development company with operations in the U.S. and Mexico.
Controller- Responsible for management reporting, financial analysis, budgeting, general ledger, cost accounting, fixed assets, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and inventory, supervising staff of 11.
• Managed conversion of accounting package and separation of single entity into three separate business entities, US $55M revenues, Mexico $25M revenues, and redemption $15M revenues.
• Coordinated consolidation format and intercompany transaction procedures.
• Systemized and enhanced inventory control systems and procedures.
• Automated payroll, expense reports, and billing to interface with general ledger systems from remote servers.
• Revised and automated the board reporting process.
Velocity Sports Performance, LLC, Atlanta, Ga. 2005 to 2007
Franchisor with over 70 locations nationwide including 5 company owned locations. The Franchise concept is the leader in speed and agility training.
Chief Financial Officer- Managed accounting, human resources function and the IT function. Duties included budgeting, board reporting, cash management, and preparation of corporate federal and state tax returns. Managed audit and financial issues during the sale. Worked closely with board of directors, bankers, lawyers, accountants, and purchaser to sell company to private investor group and raise $7M in new capital.
• Scheduled successful sale of company owed franchise unit prior to sale of remaining business and purchase of four existing franchisees after sale.
• Developed and coordinated dashboard reporting at the franchisor and franchisee level.
• Reduced number of days outstanding on accounts receivable.
Business Development Corporation of Ga., Inc., Atlanta, Ga. 2000 to 2005
Largest SBA lender in Georgia with over 50 banks participating in our programs, and its affiliate Business Growth Corporation of Georgia, Inc., which was the largest 504 lender program in Georgia.
Chief Financial Officer- Responsible for accounting, IT, and human resources. Duties included financial statements, budgets, cash management, and reporting requirements for board of directors, Small Business Administration, and State Department of Banking. Managed $125M loan portfolio and $45M in lines of credit. Managed sales of loans in the secondary market.
• Instituted increase in lines of credit by $15M to $45M.
• Formulated procedures for sale of $100M 7A portfolio and $25M conventional portfolio.
• Integrated loans system to General Ledger and automated reporting system.
• Increased revenues 5% on loan sales and increased fee revenues 50%.
• Developed procedures to monitor other fee revenues.
• Facilitated sale and purchase of new building using I.R.C. 1031 exchange.
B & H Products, Inc. & The Sports Section, Inc., Atlanta, Ga. 1992 to 2000
B&H, largest producer of youth sports photography in the U. S. with a 35,000 manufacturing facility, the affiliate company The Sports Section, Inc., a franchisor with over 125 franchisees nationwide.
Controller- Responsible for accounting, purchasing, human resources, and IT functions. Coordinated with outside auditors, bankers, and lawyers.
• Directed and monitored sale of business, negotiated key aspects of the sale, coordinated due diligence, and prepared all financial reports and analyses.
• Conceptualized, designed, and implemented a new business line.
• Negotiated and coordinated move to new 35,000 sq. ft. facility.
• Reduced operating cost 5%.
• Converted inventory from FIFO to LIFO inventory.
• Implemented profit sharing/401k plan, 125 plan, and health insurance plan.
• Improved work flow for production department reducing overhead 7%.
• Performed personal financial planning for principals including preparation of tax returns and estate planning.
Universal Oil Company, Atlanta, Ga. 1990 To 1992
Convenience food store operator, startup company, with contract to purchase 55 convenience stores.
VP Finance- Responsible for operations, finance, accounting, cash management, tax returns, and store operations.
• Developed accounting, inventory, IT system, and fixed assets systems for multiple locations.
• Developed operating systems for company.
• Managed acquisition and construction of new locations.
• Directed special projects with parent company including due diligence for new projects in various industries including marine, leisure, high-tech industries, and sale of business units.
• Restructured corporate debt.
The Right Stuff Food Stores, Inc. & Huddleston Travel Services, Atlanta, Ga. 1988 to 1990
Privately held convenience food store operator with 14 locations, affiliated with a four location travel agency with operations in Georgia and North Carolina.
VP Finance- Responsible for the accounting functions of two mid-sized companies (totaling $75M in revenues) including financial statements, tax filings, banking and cash management, inventory control, data processing, and profit sharing plan.
• Organized and directed acquisition of convenience food stores and travel agencies.
• Integrated multiple accounting systems, merged two operating units, reduced overhead, increased automation, and enhanced internal controls.
Pulte Home Corporation, Atlanta, Ga. 1986 to 1988
Price Waterhouse, Atlanta, Ga. 1984 to 1986
Certified Public Accountant
Georgia State University
Master of Taxation
Bachelor of Business Administration
Tau Alpha Chi, Founder and President; Beta Alpha Psi; National Association of Accountants
QuickBooks Pro Advisor Certification, Macola (ERP), Peachtree, PCFS 2000, Fiserve, Microsoft Office, Excel, and various others.
Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Member of Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
Member of Institute of Management Accountants
Similar ResumesNetwork Engineer
- nsn, bgp, tele, osi, stp, ospf, alcatel, telco,...Network Engineer
India, Chennai, TN
- certified systems, senior network, vtp,...Pension Specialist
New York, NY
- cherry hill nj, hill nj, cherry hill, actuarial,...Controller/Accounting Manager
- company secretary, accounting internship, surat,...Senior Software Engineer
- silverlight, qt, nunit, ua, wpf, winforms, linq,...Controller/Accounting Manager
- stamps, keeper, rm, flushing, skip, paving,...Machine Operator
Canada, Mississauga, ON
- labourer, mississauga, machine operator, packer,...MRO Buyer
San Francisco, CA
- pharmacist, medical insurance, intrusion, stanford,...Experienced Regional Sales Manager
- bryant, hvac, rep, formulation, larry,...Linda D. Williams
- titan, morris, collector, taxes, covington, rule,...