Matthew C. Kichman
Portville, New York 14770
Phone (717) ***-****
OBJECTIVES: To hold a challenging and responsible position with a progressive firm enabling me to utilize my professional work experience and academic
EDUCATION: THIEL COLLEGE
Bachelor of Science Degree
Major Environmental Science GPA: 3.63
HMMC, 40 Hour OSHA Training (w/8 hour update)
Confined Space Certification
Railway Safety (Certified Trainer)
EXPERIENCE: Environmental Impact Statement on Natural Gas Well
AP Grid Study on Landfill Development in York County Pennsylvania
Envirite Corporation – Chemical Operator
HONORS: Lamda Sigma (Sophomore National Honor Society)
Inc 500 Fastest Growing Privately Help Companies 1991
ACTIVITIES: Varsity Basketball, Alumni Assistance, Lamda Chi Alpha Fraternity,
Offices Held: Scholarship Chairman, Alumni Secretary, Vice President,
REFERENCES: Available on Request
August 2009 Alternative Environmental Solutions
Present Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Director, Business Development, Lancaster, PA
Established all sales, marketing budgets and set goals for sales representatives and support staff. Daily management of all sales activities and provided technical support for Hazardous Waste Projects (Disposal
• Increased revenues $600,000 in two years
• Generated profit to purchase new company vehicles and equipment for expansion of company
• Developed Induction Lighting Program to provide existing client base with energy efficient lighting sources
September 2007 Chambers Environmental Group, Inc.
August 2009 Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
Sales Manager, Harrisburg, PA
Duties included daily management, development, and oversight of all sales and marketing activities.
• Obtained over $3.0 million dollars in USTIF contracts
• Established Chambers as WBE (state and federal) and teamed with large environmental firms on state and federal GTAC and IRRCS contracts
• Developed sales brochures and new SOQ for company
May 2003 Environmental Construction Group, Inc.
August 2007 Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
President, Camp Hill, PA
Responsible for the oversight of all bidding, budgets, and specifications for environmental construction projects. Established bonding capabilities
and secured all bonding for environmental construction projects from Knoxville, TN to Enola, PA. Provided sales and marketing support and negotiated contracts with major clients. Set up staff management and quality control for all environmental construction projects.
• Completed over $1.2 million in Railway Facilities upgrades for Norfolk Southern Corporation during purchase of Conrail
• Established ECG as a leader in on time and on budget for Environmental Construction Projects in Central PA region
February 1995 EPSYS CORPORATION
April, 2003 Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Director, Business Development, Harrisburg, PA
Responsible for the business development of three environmental consulting offices located in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia. Focusing the company emphasis on environmental remediation and environmental construction, (including industrial wastewater treatment
facilities and industrial storage tank services), with 2001 revenues of 8
million. Preformed project management for large contracts over 1 million dollars in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and Pennsylvania.
• Obtained total of $5.0 million dollars in new industrial clients in wastewater, underground and aboveground storage tanks services
• Trained employees in Railway Safety Procedures
• Established EPSYS as turn-key supplier of remediation services (including sales, installation, and operation and maintenance
• Successfully obtained a total of 1.8 million dollars in new Brownfield’s (PA ACT II) redevelopment contracts
• Oversight for Confined Space Entries
August 1992 Environmental Transportation Services, Inc.
February 1995 Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
National Sales and Project Manager, Eylria, OH
1994 – 1995
Developed and implemented national accounts program focusing on contracting for services with major corporations, administrating agreements, monitoring for opportunities to increase market share, coordinating regional sales follow-ups and addressing customer service problems and issues.
• Successfully negotiated national accounts with Laidlaw Environmental Services, ENSCO, Inc. and ESI, Inc.
• Managed a variety of contract requirements with Laidlaw (GS) and (IS), Boeing, General Motors, General Electric and others generating $8.5 million in sales in 1994
• Oversight for Confined Space Entries
Northeastern Regional Sales Manager, Richfield, OH
1992 – 1994
Established and achieved market goals for ETS Ohio Hazardous Waste Transportation Facility serving a six state area. Development of sales team through staffing and training to meet sales targets. Identified and developed local brokers to increase coverage and opportunities.
• Consistently exceeded sales goals and targets
• Differentiated services as having unique value
• Reconstructed transportation department to lower cost
• Improve internal controls to increase revenue
• Established ETS’s dominance in region as hazardous waste generators’ safest and most dependable option
October 1991 TERRA-FIRST INC., Vernon, Alabama
Northeast Marketing Manager, Nashville, Tennessee
Development of new regional markets for start-up hazardous waste transportation company. Coordinate and schedule large projects in new regions
• Development of Kentucky and Ohio hazardous waste transportation facilities
• Established customer base to expand service capabilities into Northeast territory
• Built non-existing territory to 2.6 million dollars in two years
• TERRA-FIRST selected 41st in the United States in INC 500 fastest growing privately held companies in 1991
January 1986 ENVIRITE CORPORATION, Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
Senior Technical Service Representative, York, Pennsylvania
Development and coordination of Southeast offices to establish customer base to support fixed commercial hazardous waste treatment facilities
• Exceeded sales targets each year
• Achieve sales revenues over 1.0 million dollars (1987,1988, and 1989)
• Built non-existing territory to over 4 million dollars in four years
New York, NY - water, wastewater, quality manager, environmental,...
Experienced Environmental, Health, Safety & Site Security professional
Milltown, NJ - ehs, hazardous, waste, access control,...
Environmental Policy, Sustainability, Climate Research
New York, NY - bd, gis, centers, aircraft, environmental,...
High School Maintenance
New York, NY - trailer, hvac, office clerk, heating, cleaning,...
Hoboken, NJ - solar, chemical engineering, sharepoint, tank,...
New York, NY - life, graduate, top, consulting, native, chinese,...
Project Manager Engineer
Brooklyn, NY - estimator, piping, hvac, wastewater, waste water,...