January *, ****
Department of Chemistry
Brookhaven National Laboratories
Home: ** ****** **, ***** *****, NY 11789
Mobile: 940-***-**** Work: 631-***-****
To Whom It May Concern
I have an impecable research record in the field of optical spectroscopy and am looking for a professional work environment where I can utilize my skills.
I have been employed since May 6, 2010 in the Chemistry Department as a Research Associate under the direct supervision of Dr. Minfang Yeh. I am involved in different aspects of reactor neutrino experiments.
Thank you for your consideration.
Recommendations Available Upon Request
38 Valley Dr, Sound Beach, NY, 11789
(940) ***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
Researcher ~ Technician ~ Scientist
Meticulous, trilingual (English, French, Hindi) professional scientist with extensive experience at Universities and DOE National Laboratories with a portfolio of techniques that pertain to the science of luminescent Thin-films (OLEDs, PHOLEDs, PLEDs), Solids (various applications) and solutions (various applications), Silicon photonics and Luminescent detection of sub-atomic particles. Technically proficient in most areas of spectroscopy and these include Laser and Spectrometric Ellipsometry, Photoluminescent Spectroscopy (Steady-state, Time-resolved, Temperature-studies in the film, solid and solution state), Electronic Absorption and Diffuse Reflectance (Films, Solids and Solutions) in the UV/visible/NIR region, Raman Spectroscopy, Microphotoluminescence, Transient Absorption Spectroscopy, Ultra-fast Laser Spectroscopy, NSOM and Microscopy. In addition to instrumentation, candidate is very proficient in handling air-sensitive inorganic and organic materials and their synthesis via Shlenk and Glovebox techniques. Work in Computational chemistry allowed for Molecular analysis of spectroscopic data and left extensive experience in computers and programming from Labview to C++. Proficient in computer programs such as Gaussian, Molpro, NWChem, LabView, Matlab, Origin, Root and the Microsoft Office Suite of programs. Willing to relocate. Citizenship- Canadian and work in the US under an H1 visa status or can work under TN (NAFTA)..
BROOKHAVEN NATIONAL LABORATORIES, Upton, NY 2010-Present
• Supported the research of detection of cosmic and man-made neutrinos by ionization luminescence.
• Designed and head up purchasing of new luminescent equipment and laboratory to facilitate a new phase of research.
• Research on the light attenuation lengths of water using 2 meter electronic UV/vis spectroscopy.
• Designed experiments to determine ppm to ppb contamination of water-based scintillating materials.
• Monitored the progress of summer intern.
o Determined the contamination level of scintillators and designed future industrial processing of material.
o Designed new optical spectroscopic facilities.
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS, Denton, TX 2009-2010
Post-Doctoral Fellow – Advisor Professor Mohammad A. Omary
• Successfully published many peer-reviewed publications in theory and spectroscopy of luminescent materials.
• Designed and synthesized working OLEDs based on theoretical predictions.
• Monitored the film thickness by ellipsometry and thickness profiling.
• Determined and measured the largest single-transition rigidochromic luminescent shift in the literature to date.
• Theoretically modeled to high accuracy the excited state structures of various molecular systems.
• Supported students research with computational analysis.
• Redesigned and updated the Raman Spectroscopy facilities in the Department of Chemistry and Physics.
• Determined Frequency Scale-factors to apply to calculated vibronic frequencies and accurately compare to measured spectrum.
• Experimentally determined the largest Spin-orbit split microstate to date and theoretically verified the result theoretically.
o DOE Research Assistantship
o Robert A. Welch Foundation Scholarship
o Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching
o Robert Wade Brown Scholarship
o Regional American Chemical Society Meeting 2nd Place
RAYLO CHEMICALS, Edmonton, AB, CANADA 1999-2001
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS, Denton, TX
Doctor of Philosophy in Inorganic Spectroscopy, 2009
Advisor: Professor Mohammad A. Omary
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS, Denton, TX
Masters in Science in Inorganic Computational Chemistry, 2007
Co-Advisors Professor Angela K. Wilson and Professor Mohammad A. Omary
UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA, Edmonton, AB, CANADA
Bachelors of Science in Chemistry, 1999
Similar ResumesChemical Engineering Student
- aspen, chicago il, thermodynamics,...Principle Scientist
- spotfire, heather, molecules, pp, lcms, gsk, craig,...Engineering Manager Assistant Chemical Process
Lake City, FL
- hysys, environmental manager, offline, labview,...LabView programmer for nanotechnology instruments
- jaunpur, kanpur, pvd, vlsi, microelectronics,...Entry Level Civil Engineer
- entry level civil, level civil,...Customer Service Human Resources Entry Level Manager
- highlights, monster, technical recruiter, sphr,...Research Assistant, Microbiologist, microbiology technician
- microbiologist, resonance, biostatistics,...CHEMIST GRADUATE
- organometallic, experimental, performing,...Administrative Assistant Customer Service Business
South Bend, IN
- cover letter, mom, openings, boost, cover, sir,...Senior Designer, Industrial-Mechanical Designer, Innovator
- years exp, envelope, aero, cover letter, barbara,...