Kristine C. Wilkinson firstname.lastname@example.org 503-***-******** ** ***** ***., ********
, Oregon, 97236
Summary An experienced systems administrator who can administer and support educational technology programs, provide professional written and verbal communication, advanced data management, and facilitate excellent customer relations.
Professional Skills • Proficient in the following: PowerSchool; Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook; Mac and Windows operating systems; Macromedia Dreamweaver; HTML. Familiar with SQL.
• Experienced in developing and delivering professional training for a professional audience.
• Adept in communicating with clients to resolve issues, provide individual instruction, and create a positive software experience.
Education & Certification Master of Arts, Education, University of Phoenix, projected graduation: 2011
Bachelor of Arts, Human Services Management, University of Phoenix, 2006
Professional Experience Senior Systems Analyst
Insight Schools, Portland, Oregon 2008 – Present
• Implement and maintain student data in PowerSchool for 10 school districts nationwide.
• Develop and provide training to administrators, registrars and support staff for PowerSchool and other data applications.
• Support district staff in the compilation and reporting of student data.
• Produce and customize webpages/reports as needed by customers.
• Maintain familiarity with current PowerSchool reporting requirements for 10 different states.
• Evaluate database software trends to ensure databases are updated and current.
• Maintain databases by monitoring data integrity, ensuring security, and resolving problems.
Northwest Arctic Borough School District, Kotzebue, Alaska 2007 – 2008
• Submitted student data for the Alaska State Report.
• Maintained and supported student and staff data for the district using PowerSchool.
• Served as point of contact for school staff for PowerSchool-related issues and local activity.
• Assisted schools in configuring schedules and attendance.
• Trained district staff, school administrators/staff, and teachers in PowerSchool and PowerTeacher Gradebook.
• Developed custom reports and customizations for the student information system.
Pearson School Systems, Folsom, California 2000 – 2007
• Managed projects concerning PowerSchool by maintaining full project lifecycle accountability, preparing project timelines; conducting product setups; managing schedules, and identifying customizations.
• Coordinated and assisted over 400 school districts with the implementation of PowerSchool's student information system, including analyzing and evaluating their data to ensure a successful data conversion.
• Analyzed customer requirements and worked closely with training, development, and support staff to ensure the PowerSchool installations meet client needs.
• Responded successfully to customers concerning various tasks in the implementation process.
• Acted as a subject matter expert, resource, mentor, and trainer for new staff as needed.
Attendance Counselor/PowerSchool Admin
State of Hawaii School System, Kalakehe High School, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 1999 – 2000
• Provided teachers and administrative staff with training and technical assistance on the use and implementation of PowerSchool and PowerGrade.
• Resolved complaints and technical difficulties with the PowerSchool software.
• Assisted parents and students on the use of the PowerSchool software.
• Provided counseling to and prepared court documents for students on alternative educational plans.
• Maintained communication with and data for all students, parents, social services, and probation officers.
• Monitored attendance and class work of students who were under the jurisdiction of Family Court or Social Services.
• Developed and maintained attendance reports for school, district, and state reports.
• Developed class lists, spreadsheets, and student reports for tracking and reporting.
Part-Time Teacher/Office Manager
State of Hawaii School System, West Hawaii Explorations Academy, Kailua-Kona, HI 1997 – 1999
• Established, evaluated and updated office procedures to maintain efficiency. Anticipated and formulated plans to avert potential errors.
• Planned, organized and prioritized workflow for school office.
• Managed the allocation and accountability of funds for the $500,000 grant from the National Science Foundation.
• Served as substitute teacher as needed.
• Monitored up to 250 students per year concerning their attendance, managed the legal aspects of required attendance, and developed educational plans for the students to maximize retention.
State of Hawaii School System, Wiamea Intermediate School, Kamuela, Hawaii 1993 – 1997
• Coordinated student services, including enrollment, preparation and maintenance of student records, generating student and government program reports, and the management of Federal grant money.
• Interpreted and applied school, Department of Education, and state policies, rules, regulations and requirements to deal effectively with students, parents, teachers and members of the general public.
• Evaluated student test scores and determined what students qualified for various resource programs.
• Provided tutoring for “at risk” students.