As experienced mortgage banking professional, I would like to utilize my earlier experience and knowledge by contributing to the improvement as well as progress of the mortgage banking industry. I will be putting my best efforts in terms of time and learning new banking techniques and methods that have been implemented in my tenure as a mortgage professional.
SOLOMAN EDWARDS GROUP- Charlotte North Carolina
OCC QA Review Analyst/Auditor
December 2011 to Present
• Review foreclosed loans, evaluate whether or not they were processed in accordance with HAMP, BAC Proprietary Modification or other applicable program guidelines and requirements
• Review and compiles fully documented loan histories, imaged documents and information available from all sources to collectively determine if it validates the information used to make the foreclosure decision
• Complete Claim Review and perform Harm Evaluation according to Promontory/OCC definitions:
- Determine if Borrower / Customer has a valid claim
-Determine if there was financial injury
-If there was financial injury, determine the amount
• Perform final determination of Harm
BANK OF AMERICA C/O MANPOWER STAFFING- Westlake
August 2011 to
• Serves as a lead level Underwriting Auditor working under minimal supervision
• Perform accurate review of real estate loans using specific guidelines to determine whether loan was underwritten in accordance with underwriting guidelines
• Document findings in a clear concise manner
• Perform risk analysis and rate deficiencies found in review process
• Financial statement review, analyze credit reports and related ratios (Debt ratios, loan-to-value)
• Ensure compliance, accuracy and completeness with loan
• Evaluate the loan file documentation to determine if a loan should be approved or denied and upholds to guidelines and industry standards.
• Risk assessment for both lender and investor.
• Final DU/AUS, as well as manual loan decisioning of Conventional, Freddie Mac, and Fannie Mae loans.
RESIDENTIAL CREDIT SOLUTIONS C/O KFORCE STAFFING – Fort Worth
Loss Modification Underwriter (H.A.M.P)
June 2010 to March 2011
• Reviewing, analyzing, approving consumer requests and products within company and industry guidelines.
• Reviewing financial statements, credit reports, and applicable ratios (i.e. debt ratios, loan-to-value). Work collectively with other departments in an effort to resolve internal issues;
• Perform risk analysis and make decision regarding deficiencies identified during the review process
• Calculate workout figures for delinquent customers
• Maintain a sound knowledge of Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac guidelines, DU guidelines, and risk assessment tools used to decision mortgage loan
• In-depth knowledge of the underwriting and quality control guidelines
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills
• Enter accurate figures into system of record, including but not limited to client’s proprietary systems.
• Follow-up on workout agreements
• Derive final workout figures
• Familiar with HAMP, MHA, HARP, FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, as well as other government sponsored loss modification programs.
AHMSI - Irving
Marketing Asset Manager
December 2008 to June 2010
• Performed marketing duties and operational tasks to include occupancy verification, coordination of rekeys and trash outs, BPO assignment, review and reconciliation, initial task assignments, and task review and completions. Interacted with clients, brokers, title companies, attorneys, and all others to effectively prepare properties to be marketed.
• Marketing, maintenance, and selling of foreclosure
properties, according to company policies and procedures; Initial file prep and file assignment; Eviction monitoring; Valuation/repair bid process monitoring; Initial clean up management/Property preservation
monitoring; Responsible for ordering services and ensuring timely receipt/conclusion; Ensuring timelines
EMC FINANCIAL- Lewisville
June 2006 to July 2008
(Lay off after buy out by CHASE)
• Maintain a firm knowledge of automated underwriting systems.
• Made underwriting decisions based on strict company and government guidelines.
• Respond to customer inquiries relative to declination reasons according to federal
• Review credit packages that fall outside of the automated underwriting parameters.
• Review loan applications submitted by borrowers and made credit decisions based on
• lender criteria.
• Underwrite government/conventional files and cleared conditions.
• Review low risk flags from data alerts to clear variances.
• Update processing system with appropriate conditions.
• Consistently meet established productivity and quality measurements on a consistent basis
• Review and decision credit, income, asset and property documentation on designated loans for compliance with investor guidelines and clearing conditions as applicable
Funds Processor, Default Operations
• Deposited miscellaneous checks received through check log; follow upon receipt of funds from the MI Companies, Investors, VA, and FHA, Import appropriate data into system, process wire proceeds with Accounting, Reconcile the 4500 and 7347 accounts, clear balances in the P187 report, clear and monitor write-off’s, research, responsible for the updates and maintenance of various scrub reports, assist with processing or FHA claims.
Risk Underwriting/ Compliance (QA) Underwriter
• Performed preliminary audit of new loans submitted for accuracy, including compliance, due diligence, and analyzing; program validation and conformity to EMC’s guidelines; accurate data input into automated systems; calculation of basic mortgage information. (i.e. LTV, DTI, P&I, Ratios, amortization schedules, etc.) review and confirm credit documents meet EMC program requirements; verify accuracy of closing documents. (i.e. signatures, dates, ARM adjustments, compliance, etc.);review and clear pending suspense conditions in a timely manner; validate all decisions behind processes. perform risk analysis and decisioning regarding deficiencies identified during the review process; identify transaction components that indicate a potential for fraud and perform sufficient investigative work to resolve issues that are identified; accurately review conclusions, and record data; knowledge of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and FHA guidelines.
BANK OF AMERICA C/O AEROTEK - Dallas, Texas
March 2006 to June 2006
• Prepared loan closing package, review of loan files to ensure data accuracy, review final HUD and DOR for fund disbursement, correspondence w/ brokers/ title companies, verify all PTC/PTF stips.
GREGG & VALBY CLIENT COUNTRYWIDE KB HOME LOANS - Hurst, Texas
Document Prep Specialist/ Closer
May 2005 to March 2006
• Verified and reviewed accuracy of all closing loan documents prior to closing/funding; create notes, DOT, warranty deeds, and riders; review surveys, title commitments, and appraisals as required by compliance; daily communication with closing agents.
US FINANCIAL MORTGAGE CORP - Roseville, California
January 2002 to December 2004
(Relocated to Texas)
• Audited and reviewed mortgage loans in accordance with the policies, procedures and guidelines; coordinate with buyers, title companies, escrow agents, appraisers, and loan officers to obtain addition documentation; verify income and employment information, review credit history and calculate the value of a borrower's collateral (LTV), and assets. Ensured property specifications and loan terms meet financial institution requirements and government regulations. Conventional, HELOC, FHA, VA, processing experience.
WASHINGTON MUTUAL C/O APPLE ONE- Rancho Cordova, California
June 2003 to December 2003
• Obtained and reviewed estimated HUD-1, comparing fees to DFC and TIL to ensure accuracy of TIL for regulatory compliance; Verify accuracy and completeness of promissory notes, security instruments and riders, assignments, and other applicable legal documents. Collected on post-doc closing conditions and obtaining underwriter sign off prior to funding; Followed up on return of signed closing documents; Ordered and followed up on payoffs and subordinations; Acquired hazard insurance certificate from agent; Requesting Wire. Conventional, HELOC, FHA and VA
MORTGAGE ACCESS - Albany, California
Loan Processor/ Underwriter
1998 to 2003
• Experienced in Processing/Underwriting; FHA, VA, Prime, Sub-Prime, Conforming/Non Conforming, Jumbo, Refinance, HELOC, Pre-approvals, and Purchase loans. Acted as liaison between borrowers and lenders demonstrating skillful communication and negotiation skills; assisted Broker in planning and execution of closing, PTD, credit reports, and funding conditions; consistently met or exceeded loan deadlines, and loan lock expiration; consulted with clients to determine their needs and priorities; aided Broker in identifying and resolving problems due to credit, funds, etc; proficient in most business and mortgage software. Manual Underwriting.
Calyx Point, LSAMS, Fidelity, REO Trans, Fastrieve, Unifi, Remend, Iclear, Cmax, AS400, Newtrak, DARES, Dashboard, Symphony, FASTRAC, LPS, Flagscape Lamp, Iportal, Siebel, Edge, FHA Connection, Fiserve, Compliance Ease, Overture, Urban, Stewart, LMA
California Real Estate License
2004 to 2006
United States - underwriter, loan, oakland, cloud, were, mason,...
United States - underwriter, top, guidelines, mae, mortgage, loan,...
Quality Assurance Control
United States - underwriter, qc, loan, due, loans, product,...
United States - underwriter, applications, mortgage,...
Senior Residential Mortgage Underwriter
United States - underwriter, met, mortgage, review, retail, credit,...
Quality Control Management
United States - underwriter, mortgage, tucson, market, loans,...
Customer Service Quality Assurance
United States - underwriter, programs, jan, mortgage, review,...