Chaudhry Abdul Razzaq Anjum P. Eng
Phone: 647 *** ****
6415 Saratoga Way
Res : 905 *** ****
Mississauga, On, L5N7V7
B.Sc. in Civil Engineering with 15 years International and Canadian experience in the Preliminary design, Construction and supervision of Transportation and Infrastructure projects. Strongly familiar with knowledge of construction products, materials and equipments as well as Occupational Health and Safety act.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATION
• Completed high profile civil engineering projects (Buildings, tunnels & Highways); consistently met health and safety standards.
• Proficient with foundation engineering, geotechnical design and a sound knowledge of soil mechanics.
• Contract administration, field inspections, quality assurance, project and cost control, payment certification, contractual correspondence, issue of notices to contractor, preparation and approval of change orders, construction claims assessment and recommendations, review of on-site design issues.
• Strong communication skills.
• Coordination with other departments, municipalities, and the public.
• Knowledge of General and Particular Specifications, Conditions of Contract, Material Specifications, Quality Standards and CAIT Manual.
• Proficient in MS Office and MS Project; familiarity with AutoCAD.
• A developed sense of tact and diplomacy; demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi cultural business team environment.
• Acquire strong organizational, administrative, observational and problem solving skills.
Project Engineer 2007 till Date
Company: Coffey International [Previously Shaheen and Peaker Limited]
• Site inspection to ensure the specified standards is adhered to during construction.
• Field & Laboratory testing of earth works, granular layers, concrete and asphalt works as per CSA, MTO, OPSS and ASTM requirements
• Soil nails / anchors stressing tests.
• Foundation and rebar inspection for column bases, caissons, piers, walls etc. Geo-technical and environmental monitoring, Borehole drilling supervision, Borehole location surveys, etc.
• Reviewing Geo technical reports to better understand the geo-technical and environmental conditions of various construction sites.
• Participating in site meetings with clients and preparing daily site visits reports.
• General site management with respect to keeping track of material / equipment inventories, man-hours etc for the purposes of project management.
Assistant Resident Engineer 2005-2007
Company: Parson International, U.A.E
Project: Widening of Emirates Road Arabian Ranches Interchange. The project comprised widening of roads along with13 bridges and a tunnel.
• Supervised construction works and followed up for progress of work’s activities as per approved schedule programmed
• Reviewed and approved shop drawings and as-built drawings
• Monitored to ensure quality control, safety conditions and site procedures
• Studied and evaluated contractor’s claims and variation orders
• Coordinated and cooperated with client representatives during site visits and routine progress meetings
• Inspected and approved the supplied materials for conformance to the relevant standards
• Arranged for necessary preparations for the handover of the completed works
Resident Engineer 2004-2005
Company: Samer Group Eng. Consultant, U.A.E
Project: Miscellaneous Road Works in Western Region Abu Dhabi.
• Reviewed all contracted documents.
• Supervised the construction works and followed up for progress of work’s activities as per approved schedule programmed
• Reviewed and approved shop drawings and as-built drawings.
• Ensured that quality control, safety conditions and site procedures met with the specifications
• Studied and evaluated the contractor’s claims, variation orders etc.
• Coordinated and cooperated with client representatives during field and progress meeting.
• Checked the conformance of supplied materials to the prescribed standards.
• Prepared for the handover of the completed works
Assistant Resident Engineer 2001-2004
Company: WS Atkins & Partners Overseas, U.A.E
Project: Maintenance and Rehabilitation of Roads and Bridges in Abu Dhabi
• Checked and issued profiles and detailed designs.
• Checked all types of Shop Drawings and supervised the cost estimation and surveys for PCI
• Checked the work quality and prepared progress reports and work orders for the client.
Highway Engineer/ Asphalt Engineer 1996-2001
Company: M/s. Saif Bin Derwish, U.A.E
• Supervised the detailed execution of earth works and pavement layers
• Monitored and supervised asphalt works at plant as well as site
• Planned for scheduling of materials at site
• Prepared material estimations
• Prepared daily, weekly and monthly progress reports
• Executed utility works
Site/ project Engineer, Deputy Project Manager 1990-1996
Company: M/s. SKB and brothers, PK
• Executed Site clearance, Earthwork, Pavement layers, Asphalt works etc.
• Executed Structure work, Arranged Borrow materials, Site planning and scheduling.
• Prepared daily, weekly and monthly progress reports.
• Performed additional duties of liaison officer for coordination with different government and private departments.
• Supervised mechanical workshops at various project sites.
• Bachelor of Civil Engineering, 1990 from University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan.
• Member of Pakistan Engineering Council, Pakistan.
• Professional Engineer of Ontario.