Insightful, results-driven IT professional with notable success in driving global programs in the IT Security, Audit, Compliance, Business Continuity, Risk Management, ERP and Data Warehousing. Excel at recovering failed programs/projects. Hands on experience in identifying and solving complex business and technical issues through the design and implementation of strategies, methodologies, programs, and relationships. Excellent communication, presentation and collaboration skills, complemented by effective resource and staff management expertise.
Respected leader, able to build highly motivated management teams focused on achieving key metrics and deliverables, while keeping up-to-date with the changing business tempo. Leading by example, I encourage my teams to find their inner skills/strengths and develop them further.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Information Security / Assurance
• Information Risk Management
• Information Technology Controls
• Managing Ambiguity
• Policy Planning / Implementation
• Governance / Ethics
• Regulatory Compliance / Privacy
• Disaster Recovery / Business Contingency
• Technical Specification Development
• Cyber Security
Lenovo (Singapore) Pte. Ltd, Singapore May 2008 – Present
Chief Information Security Officer
Recruited to lead the IBM Separation teams, as well as Corporate Information Technology Security, Audit and Compliance programs; Design and implement an IT security framework; Collaborate with IT Tower leads, internal and external auditors to conduct in-depth analysis of IT policy, standards and procedures; Collaborate with internal and external council on all IT Compliance and privacy issues.
• Created Lenovo’s global IT Security Strategy that addressed the needs of a global enterprise to meet complex international statutory, regulatory and legal requirements, while providing thought leadership and expertise in IT Security Architecture, Data Privacy and Cybersecurity
• Converted Lenovo’s global IT Security/Controls Framework to ISO 27001/2, that enabled LE sales team to close contracts for over US$1B new revenue over the next 3 years
• Drove US$16M savings by transitioning infrastructure and applications from the IBM Legacy systems into the Lenovo China IT environment utilizing the control framework
• Created Lenovo’s global IT Risk Management program to satisfy the external auditors (PwC) requirements and the Hong Kong Securities Exchange regulations, resulting in a US$2.5M savings in consulting fees
• Implemented a number of new applications to address issues like SOD, Logging and Encryption
• Direct liaison with Internal/External Council, Internal/External Audit, Federal Investigators (NSA, DOJ, DOD, DHS and CIFUS) on all IT Security issues.
• Manage IT Security teams in China and USA delivering global IT security services
• Currently engaged with managing the IT Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery efforts for China, Hong Kong, Slovakia and the US Data Centers
DELL, INC. Austin, Texas Feb 2004 – May 2008
IT Sr. Strategist, Dell Inc
Promoted to IT Sr. Strategist responsible for developing and leading Dells global IT compliance programs including PCI DSS, SOX 404, CSA, SAS 70, GLBA, OSHA, HIPPA and selected regional compliance activities utilizing numerous IT control frameworks including COSO, COBIT & ITIL.
• Managed the execution of the IT Testing for the IT SOX 404 with both internal resources and PwC consulting resources. Cost US$30M
• Designed and execute the Global PCI DSS audit reviews and CSA program embracing both global infrastructure, global and regional applications reviews, resulting in consulting fees savings of US$750K per year
• Planned and conducted 2 consecutive SAS 70’s for Dell IT on behalf of DFS and CIT Bank resulting in consulting fees savings of US$760K
• Built and tested logic models to effectively consolidate and reduce 1200 IT controls down to 320 IT controls resulting in internal testing savings of US$2M
• Greatly enhanced the value of the IT Compliance team by providing liaison between DELL Legal, Corporate Governance, Internal and External Audit for all IT controls compliance reporting.
• Providing the technical liaison between Dell IT, DFS and CIT Bank for all banking IT compliance issues and execution and reporting of the DFS SAS 70..
• Provide ‘Thought Leadership’ in the design and implementation of the IT Controls for all new IT application development.
• Directed a matrix team of 24 Business Control Representatives across the Americas, EMEA and APJ/Japan.
IT Director, Dell Inc Dec 2001 – May 2004
Recruited to lead directed the comprehensive planning, execution and delivery of key IT services to Dell Financial Services (“DFS”), including Project Management, Business Analysis, Quality Assurance and Internal IT Liaison to the Transactional Business Unit executive team.
• Lead several design components and participated in the negotiation of the outsourcing of the DFS IT organization to Dell IT resulting in internal savings of US$24M per year
• Improved the IT process model by creating the DFS PMO Organization utilizing the MSF methodology.
• Increased DFS IT productivity by designing and implementing the DFS Knowledge Center.
• Increased business interaction with IT by facilitated the creation of numerous steering committees to expand the functionality of the business reporting teams and the fraud product enhancement team.
• Provided Thought Leadership in the design and implementation of the DFS Data Warehouse.
• Providing strategic consulting, account & vendor management to DFS Transactional Business Segment and key technology partners.
• Directed a departmental staff of 28 employees and 5 contractors divided among four teams: Project Management Office, Business Analysis, Information Management and Quality Assurance.
Trilogy, Austin, Texas Oct 2000 – July 2001
Recruited to managed the successful delivery of global eCommerce Solutions for Sun Microsystems. Held complete fiscal accountability for timely delivery of product and customer satisfaction.
• Directed the global implementation of the Sun Microsystems’s Configuration and Quoting System to 30,000 users within the global sales organization and partners.
• Improved the Change Management process by “Overseeing” the interactions between the client and Trilogy’s development team to incorporate identified changes/fixes as required.
• Increased revenue by coordinating the interactions with field sales force and corporate for all issues pertaining to the implementation of the new system, finance and customer satisfaction.
• Mentored team leads in effective interaction with Sun Microsystems’s executives, local management and users.
Syntel Inc, Troy, Michigan July 1998 - Oct 2000
Vice President Data Warehousing
Reporting to the CEO held P&L responsibility for the creation of the Enterprise Solution Group with particular focus on the data warehousing and advance technology practices, within a traditional software maintenance organization.
• Created a Global Data Warehouse practice of over 100 consultants
• Worked with a number of large automotive, engineering, financial services and retail organizations to deliver large scale data warehouses and advanced technology solutions.
• Lead the advance technology sales organization in over achieving revenue quotas and pipeline
• Developed strategic growth initiatives for the board and executive leadership team
• Created and published the practice service offerings to board, executive management, internal / external customers and industry analysts.
• Developed and facilitated internal training programs (domestic and international) for transitioning qualified existing staff into practice consultant roles.