|ERIC C. MALIMBAN
*** ******* ****** *** **: Mobile (917) ***-****
Ayala Alabang Village Home 842-0350
Muntinlupa City E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Establish a career in Six Sigma or Operational Excellence, and be able to apply/leverage skills and experience in a new industry, not only in the automotive manufacturing.
Mr. Malimban is a certified 6-Sigma Master Black Belt at Ford Motor Company. He was responsible for deploying and integrating the 6-Sigma methodology and culture throughout the company when program was launched 10 years ago. He lead several projects, both transactional and technical that focused on customer satisfaction. One of his most successful projects was a project on improving customer satisfaction upon delivery. He trained and coached both Greenbelts and Blackbelts throughout the company, as well as some outside the company. He also helped establish regional coordination and benchmark 6-Sigma best practices. His training and experience in 6-Sigma sharpened his problem solving skills and allowed him to extensively learn about the various business functions of an organization.
He is currently in charge of Launch and Lean Manufacturing in the production plant, as well as re-deploying the 6-Sigma initiative for Ford Motor Company Philippines.
He also has extensive experience in several functions in sales and marketing. These are specifically in sales planning, logistics, sales distribution, dealer operations, marketing & communications, brand management, and product marketing.
He has a good understanding of the total business in the automotive industry, at the manufacturing, wholesale and retail end. He started and set up the import and wholesale operations for his current company, as well as in the dealership operations and distribution effort of his former company. As a Zone Manager he developed and implemented a nation-wide industry leading sales system that improved customer satisfaction.
He is detail-oriented, resourceful, focused, flexible and driven. He possesses excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. He is open to new ideas, and is a team player.
• Certified Six Sigma Master Blackbelt – i.e. DMAIC, Problem Solving, etc.
• Six Sigma Deployment, Training and Coaching
• Project Management - Leading Cross-functional teams in problem solving, project implementations, program launches and event management
• Setting-up of sales planning, wholesale and logistics operations of a company
• Setting-up of dealerships and sales systems
• Product Marketing – creating business cases for new model introductions
• Strategic marketing and Brand Management
Lean Six Sigma – Villanova University, Pennsylvania USA – Oct 2010
Six Sigma Master Black Belt – Ford Motor Company – Oct 2002
Six Sigma Green Belt Trainer – Ford Motor Company – Apr 2002
Six Sigma Black Belt – Ford Motor Company – Jan 2002
Ford Motor Company Philippines, Inc. - 1998 to Present (www.ford.com.ph) – Vehicle Manufacturing & Distribution
Launch and Lean Manufacturing, Master Black Belt, Oct 2009 to Present
• Lead and managed launch of various new models, e.g. Focus, Escape, Mazda3
• Deployed 6-Sigma initiative in the company with Greenbelt training courses and project coaching
• Overall Champion – Ford Production System: Enhanced lean manufacturing culture resulting in improvement of Ford Production System from Level 6.2 to 7.0+ by Q2
• Re-launch 5S initiative for office based teams
• Studied and implemented manpower distribution in engine plant for improved productivity
AVP for Product Marketing & Strategy, Dec 2008 to Oct 2009
• Studied and developed advanced product marketing strategies for both Mazda and Ford products for the country. Managed new vehicle projects/programs from study to launch.
• Developed key Special Vehicle Programs for Mazda3 and Mazda BT-50
o Countered the ageing of the Mazda3 with increase in market share from 9.8% to 11.8%
o 131% increase in BT-50 sales
• Increased sales and incremental profit of $188K (Nov-Dec) by developing a business case and introducing new products outside of the product cycle plan, i.e. Mazda CX-7, Ford Ranger Wildtrak, leading
• Successful launch of the Ford Everest by introducing a built-in navigation system, first in market
AVP for Marketing - Mazda Brand, Nov 2006 to Nov 2008
• Directed the over-all brand, marketing, communication and sales programs for Mazda.
• Successfully launched several key products into the market.
• Maintained market share despite of competition and an ageing product line up through various marketing and sales programs, including special vehicle programs.
• Used several new and creative media executions that support the brand, e.g. digital marketing, out-of-home, etc.
• Mounted successful key consumer and media events, e.g. Mazda CX-9, new Mazda6, MX-5 and BT-50 Product Launches, several Motorshows, and Mazda Cebu and Pampanga Dealer Launches.
• Ran-out the old Mazda3 and Mazda6, in order to launch the new models on schedule.
AVP - Product Planning and Environmental & Safety Eng'g, Apr 2003 to Feb 2007
• Developed product marketing strategies including variants, mixes, content/specifications, pricing, etc., for all products of the company - both Ford and Mazda brands (for current and future products)
• Ensured competitiveness of products being offered in the market.
• Re-launched the Mazda brand in the Philippines by introducing several new products.
• Managed the company product cycle plan to ensure company viability for the long term.
• Liaised with various vehicle teams globally to ensure viability of vehicle programs.
• Ensured product conformity with local regulatory requirements.
6-Sigma Master Black Belt / Strategic Marketing Specialist, May 2002 to Mar 2003
• Attained SSMBB Certification, Oct 2002 after training and completion of 3rd BB project (Ranger Market Share)
• Analyzed and resolved various sales and marketing issues, e.g. customer satisfaction,
• Completed a project on the Ranger Market Share which set the standard and became the template for other vehicle line studies - 25% Improvement – Projected savings for 2003 US$53k
• Trained senior management/leadership on Six Sigma and being a project champion
• Coached several Black Belts
• Lead market research activities, e.g. product deep dives, FGD's
• Lead the project on "Full Tank of Fuel" Program. 1st Phase – Savings for 1st Year, over Php 3.0M
6-Sigma Black Belt, Oct 2000 to May 2002
• Certified Green Belt Trainer
• Coached Green Belts to successful project completions in various areas of the company, e.g. manufacturing, M&S
• Integrated 6-Sigma discipline in the organization, i.e. Project Reviews, Tracking system and the Certification Process
• Promoted 6-Sigma awareness thru the company newsletter, website, and in All Employee Meetings
• Attained SSBB Certification in January 2002, after successfully completing two BB projects, passing all training requirements and passing the BB Final Exam
o 1st Project: Perfect Delivery - Improved process by 75.5% - $193K savings in 1st year resulting in #1 in Philippines J.D.Power Sales Satisfaction Survey in 2001
o 2nd Project: Dealer Parts Ordering - Improved process by 99% - $157k savings in 1st year
Zone Manager, Oct 1999 to Oct 2000
• Developed and implemented the Ford Sales System at the dealerships to monitor and manage sales performance
• Developed sales programs, policies and guidelines in enhancing the dealership network
• Improved customer satisfaction by integrating an independent assessment process into the dealership system
• Coached, guided and trained sales managers and sales consultants
Sales Administration Coordinator, Jun 1998 to Sep 1999
• Established the wholesale, distribution and sales planning process of the company.
• Created dealer report systems to monitor retail sales performance and stock
Honda Cars Philippines – Mar 1994 to Jun 1998 (www.hondaphil.com) – Vehicle Manufacturing & Distribution
Vehicle-Control Supervisor Logistics Department, Aug 1995 to Jun 1998
• Established and streamlined Honda's car-carrier delivery system from plant to dealers, 1st in the industry to deliver 100% via car carrier
• Had set-up and was in-charge of the wholesale and logistics operation (from plant to dealer)
• Responsible for monthly production forecasting including color requirements
Dealer Coordinator, Mar 1994 to Jul 1995
• Helped develop the Honda dealership network into the industry leader in terms of quality and customer satisfaction in the Philippines
• Conducted product/sales training to sales executives and developed product guides for the whole dealership network
• Developed color stands at dealerships, and color swatches for the sales force
• Implemented sales policies and various sales programs at the dealers
• Developed tracking and monitoring system for the sales performance of our dealers, as well as tracking the industry sales
• Conducted test-drives and plant tours for visitors including the motoring media
• Train-the-Trainer – August 2010, Ford Asia Pacific, Ford Philippines
• Guerilla Marketing – 2007, Makati
• Competitive Intelligence & Business Wargaming – July 2004, AIM Manila
• Leadership Block Series, April – August 2002, Ford Philippines
• Six Sigma Master Black Belt – July 2001, Ford Asia Pacific, Thailand
• Six Sigma Leadership Training – April 2001, Ford Asia Pacific, Taiwan
• Six Sigma Black Belt Training – October 2000 to Jan 2001, Ford Asia Pacific, Thailand
• Statistics Training – May to June 2001, University of the Philippines Professors, Ford Philippines
• Dale Carnegie – November 1999 to January 2000, Ford Makati, Philippines
• Field Consultant’s Training – September 1999, Ford Operations Thailand, Bangkok, Thailand
• Professional Selling Skills – May 1995, Learning International, Honda Cars Philippines
• Sales and Service Mileage Seminar – July 1994, Guthrie Jensen, Honda Cars Philippines
1988-1993 B.S. Industrial Management Engineering, Minor in Mechanical Engineering
De La Salle University, Manila, Philippines (www.dlsu.edu.ph)
Adept at using the Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office applications, Mac OS, Minitab and SS Navigator
Hobbies and Interests
Mr. Malimban's hobbies include cycle racing, photography, equestrian and fishing. He loves spending time with his family when not cycling.
Reference available upon request
Similar ResumesOutside Sales Engineer
- aqua, hayes, tec, hvac, ae, hose, samsung,...Manager Analyst Intelligence Experience Management
- homepage, top secret, chat, fusion, tucson, falcon,...Engineer Manager Design Data Manufacturing Engineering
new lexington, OH
- asw, screen printing, hme, ecl, nace, fdm, bw,...Senior Marketing Executive
- intellectual property, boost, fusion,...Manager Equipment Heavy Sales Construction Management
- heavy equipment mechanic, equipment mechanic,...Sales Ultra Pro
Cave Creek, AZ
- senior executive, middle east, practitioner,...Quality Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer
- ndt, machinist, d1, cnc, fabricators, aws, resin,...Mechanical Engineer, Recent Graduate, Product Design Experience
- publicist, solidworks, blind, eit,...Welder
Los Angeles, CA
- welder, fabricators, welders, flux, tig, mig,...Manager
- relevant, kitchen manager, site manager, gibson,...