PAUL JOSEPH ZAINO
Carlsbad, CA 92009
Obtain a position that will utilize my knowledge and skills in the areas of User Experience Design, Information Architecture, and Project Management
University of California San Diego
• BS Degree Cognitive Science Specializing in Human Computer Interaction
• Graduated Cum Laude Winter Quarter 2011
Research Associate, University of California San Diego, Department of Cognitive Science, Interactive Cognition Laboratory, La Jolla, CA (January 2011 – present)
• Collaborate closely with Professor David Kirsh Phd. on scientific research projects
• Conduct ethnographic interviews and code ethnographic video data
• Assist with curriculum development for Cognitive Aspects of Digital Design course
• Experience working with human test subjects and following proper safety and confidentiality protocol
• Handle finances and purchasing records for federal grants
• Manage the lab in the long-term absence of Dr. Kirsh
• Hold meetings and brainstorming sessions as well as supervise work of subordinate staff
• Manage lab staff to facilitate productivity and make certain project deadlines are met
• Responsible for multiple research projects’ task analysis for continued forward progress and ultimate success
Barista, Customer Service/Sales Associate Café Calabria Carts, San Diego, CA (June 2008 – July 2011)
• Prepared a variety of beverages according to consumer specifications in a timely manner and worked with team members to provide quality customer service
• Followed food and beverage procedure for cleaning work-station, washed dishes, utensils and equipment
• Took inventory, handled money, made change, handled problems with difficult customers and acted as manager in the absence of the owner
Field Supervisor/Photographer, Sports Photography Inc., Santee, CA (February 2004 – May 2008)
• Sport team photographer promoted to Field Supervisor while in high school
• Directed flow of photo-shoots, problem solved, repaired cameras and equipment, organized and set up shoots for the team each day
• Required excellent interpersonal skills with children and adults
• Also worked in the photography lab, assembled trophies, plaques and other products, which required the use of machinery and power tools
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Experienced in interaction design, information architecture, use cases, creating personas, and creating wireframes
• Completed relevant coursework as follows: Cognitive Aspect of Digital Design, Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Design Studio, Cognitive Ethnography, Modeling & Data Analysis
San Diego, CA - apps, obiee, oracle, pl, creating, interface, r12,...
Hard Working Young Man
San Diego, CA - improve, creating, fernando, emt, maintain,...
Customer Service Sales
San Diego, CA - ron, organized, creating, advisor, marriott,...
Presentation Specialist w/10 yrs of exp. in the financial industry
San Diego, CA - word, illustrator, black, graphics, graphic,...
San Diego, CA - siebel, passport, scripting, crm, b.c., developer,...
Customer Service Manager
Poway, CA - utilize, creating, prepared, photo, graphic, pool,...