Quality Control Los Angeles Experience Technician
California State University, East Bay M.S. Biochemistry
University of California, Los Angeles B.S. Biochemistry
Scientist I, Production
September 2011 - Present
Functional testing of Invitrogen molecular biology products.
Bacteria cell culture, transformation, restriction enzyme digestion, cloning, site directed mutagenesis.
Prokaryote, eukaryote and plant genomic DNA and RNA isolation, plasmid purification.
cDNA library construction, plasmid preparation, PCR, qPCR, RT-PCR, nucleic acid quantitaion
SDS-PAGE, western blotting, HPLC, gel electrophoresis
Troubleshot assays, report results and present data in weekly meetings.
California State University, East Bay
Graduate Student, Biochemistry
February 2009 - December 2010
Hands on experience in cell culture, protein and analytical chemistry.
Primary culture of mammalian cells, cell line maintenance, cloning, transfection, contamination testing.
Protein purification/characterization, affinity chromatography, activity assays, western blotting, HPLC.
UV/VIS, IR Spectroscopy, GC/MS.
Quality Control Associate
September 2005- February 2009
Manufacture and testing of reagents and controls used in PCR based viral assays.
Viral DNA/RNA extraction, PCR/RT-PCR, TaqMan qPCR.
Southern Blotting, immunostaining, SDS-PAGE, gel electrophoresis.
Initiate, investigate, and close deviation records per quality system procedure.
Streamline work flow and procedures to increase efficiency and improve quality.
Implement corrective and preventative actions in response to observed trends.
Develop and validate Excel spreadsheets and macros used in information systems.
Schedule and perform PM, calibration and troubleshooting of laboratory equipment.
Execute IOPQ protocols for validation of new equipment.
June 2003 - September 2005
Perform FDA licensed, PCR viral assays.
Viral DNA/RNA extraction, PCR/RT-PCR, Southern Blotting, Hybridization and qPCR.
Track samples, manage specimen database.
Maintain laboratory, prepare buffers and dilutions, document all procedures.
Similar ResumesManager Equipment Supervisor Mechanical Electrical
Laguna Beach, CA
- metrologist, pn, derek, radio frequency,...Quality Assurance Sales Regulatory Affairs Manager
- curtis, grassroots, pharmaceutical industry, rim,...Quality Control Manufacturing Los Angeles Development
- compliant, glen, compound, platforms, complaint,...Management Manager Regulatory Affairs Quality Assurance
Mission Viejo, CA
- affairs specialist, screening, 13485, ophthalmic,...Electronic Engineer/Technician
San Diego, CA
- metrologist, electronic engineer, marine corps,...Production Chemist
- chemist, ingredient, vietnamese, cgmp,...Chemist
Garden grove, CA
- lv, mpa, aci, shear, rv, ethanol, chemist, sample,...Director GMP Compliance/Metrology/Validation
Palo Alto, CA
- 13485, plant engineer, sqa, ukraine, pv, metrology,...Senior Techncial Writer
San Diego, CA
- freehand, sharepoint, documentum, macromedia,...New Ready Quick
San Diego, CA
- gmp expert, cables, clean room, stations,...