Software Engineer Network Customer Engineering
|Muhammad Irfan Samdani
**** ****** **** ****, *** Jose, CA 95131
Phone: (510) ***-**** | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A recent graduate in Network Engineering with experience in System Administration looking for an opportunity to grow in the field of Network Software Programming where the existing skills and knowledge could be utilized and further built upon.
Network Engineering, Master of Science Dec 2010
University of California, Santa Cruz, California
Computer Science, Bachelor of Science Dec 2006
California State University, Hayward, California
Data Communications and Networking Computer Networks
Broadband Networks and Communications Wireless and Mobile Networking
Network Operations and Administration Computer Performance Evaluation
High Speed Networks
* Analyzed the performance of different traffic scheduling techniques using SMPL
* Simulated the CSMA-Limited Persistence Data-Link Layer protocol using Qualnet
* Simulated a minimal SNMP ver 1 compliant management client to administer remote agents
* Developed a TCP based chat server with multiple user capabilities
* SMPL, Qualnet
* Adobe Flash, Eclipse IDE, KDevelop, MS Office Suite, Visual Studio, Antivirus/Spyware
* VMWare, Parallels, VirtualBox
* C/C++, PHP, Perl, Shell scripting, SQL, XML/XSL
* MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL
* Remedy, JIRA
* Linux/UNIX, Windows Vista/7, Mac OSX, BES Server, Blackberries
* VPN, iPass, Apache/Tomcat, JBOSS
Autonomy Inc., Pleasanton, CA
Associate System Engineer Nov 2009 – Present
* Provide level 2 support in troubleshooting server processes and configuration issues
* Automation of data collection and report generation via Perl and/or shell scripting
* Monitoring and troubleshooting processes on RedHat/CentOS systems
* Querying different databases in MySQL, DB2 and PostgreSQL
* Modification of proprietary XML files needed to configure systems for corporate use
* Triaging of tickets using the JIRA ticketing system
* Streamlined processes by scripting monotonous tasks otherwise done manually
Astreya Partners Inc., Mountain View, CA
Tech Stop Administrator, (Subcontracted, Astreya) Google, Inc. Jun 2007 - Oct 2009
* Provided tier 2 direct support to all end users at Google for all hardware and software related issues with Windows, Mac, Linux, BlackBerry and other mobile devices.
* Troubleshooted, configured, and resolved network connectivity, application and software issue.
* Deployed, imaged and supported Desktops, Laptops, BlackBerry, WAN cards and other devices.
* Interfaced with (AD) Active Directory and (BES) BlackBerry Enterprise Server to create/modify users and computers/mobile devices.
* Managed IT Support tickets for 2 buildings for more than 1000 employees with internal proprietary remedy ticketing system.
* Created, reviewed and modified technical KB articles to share with Desktop Support KB system.
* Managed and modified hosts and users via CDB and LDAP.
* Managed networking hardware & software, subnets, and VLANs via internal proprietary tools.
* Maintained an average customer satisfaction rate of over 95%
* Trained and mentored other Tech Stop Administrators
Systat Software Inc., San Jose, CA
Technical Support Associate Aug 2006 - Jun 2007
* Upgraded hardware and software on user PCs
* Assisted with the company network and troubleshooting issues
* Acted as a single point of contact by answering end user calls and resolving application issues
* Reduced customer issue backlog by 50% immediately
ACTIVITIES & AWARDS
Member, Golden Key International Honour Society
Offered to the top 15 percent students at a given institution
Similar Resumes10 +yrs experience in MS Technologies
Milpitas, CA - reinsurance, web services, silverlight, considered,...Project Engineer Customer Service Server Support
San Mateo, CA - cisco, steven, engineer, vpn, remedy, sql,...Senior Datastage consultant
Great Neck, NY - etl, developer, sap, oracle, bw, datastage,...Senior Strategist IT Leader
United States - dba, business analyst, programmer, etl, developer,...Sr Business Objects Developer
Parlin, NJ - le, developer, informatica, etl, sql,...Engineer Project Testing Test Java Experience
New York, NY - java, android, engineer, test engineer, embedded,...Manager Sales Executive Business Experience Development
Martinez, CA - unix administrator, req, taleo, accounting finance,...Business Systems Analyst/Project Manager
Sunnyvale, CA - sfdc, ucm, salesforce com, r12, salesforce,...java/J2EE Senior developer
Fairfield, IA - template, developer, java developer, j2ee, java,...java/content management
jersey city, NJ - developer, java, j2ee, ui, websphere, oracle,...