***** **** ***** ***, *** No 202
Gaithersburg, MD 20886
Cell : 301 *** ****
Telecom/Embedded Engineer: Highly talented award winning engineer
with around 10 years experience in software design, software
development, software architecture, object-oriented analysis
and design, requirements analysis and modeling of telecom embedded
systems. Held positions with management responsibility, including
leading up to 9-10 employees engaged in telecom applications
development, engineering support, and related activities.
Proficient in telecom embedded systems design and development.
Expert in network management concepts and protocols like SNMP.
Consistently promoted to positions of increased responsibilities
within the organization.
Telecom Solutions Excellence Award, Wipro Technologies, Bangalore,
India, 2004. Awarded 'Telecom Solutions Excellence Award-2004'
for contribution in System validation and testing of Alcatel 1353
Bell Laboratories Presidents Gold Award, Lucent Technologies,
Bangalore, India, 2002. Granted 'Bell Laboratories Presidents
Gold Award - 2002' for outstanding level of innovation, technical
excellence and business impact demonstrated by our team.
Award for Team Excellence, Lucent Technologies, Bangalore,
India, 2002. Honored with 'Award For Team Excellence - 2002'
for being recognized part of high performing 1xEVDO Controller
team, which architected, developed and deployed release-1 1xEVDO
Award of Excellence, Lucent Technologies, Bangalore, India, 2002.
Bestowed with 'Award Of Excellence' for outstanding technical
contribution in the development of 1xEVDO controller OAM
Software for Flexent Modcell and oneBTS.
Summary of Experience
* Extensive experience in software design and development with
proficiency at various levels of product development including
requirement analysis, prototyping, analysis and design,
implementation and documentation, system and integration testing.
* RTOS embedded experience with expert level skills in C/C++ on
* Solid experience using advanced C++ concepts like templates,
design patterns, etc.
* Sound experience with Linux/UNIX development environment,
system library interface, multithread programming, inter-
process communication and socket interface.
* Proficient in telecom management concepts and protocols
* In-depth understanding and extensive experience in developing
SNMP Agent using NET-SNMP and EMANATE.
* Sound knowledge and experience in L2 Ethernet switching
protocols like VLAN.
* Strong knowledge in L3 IP routing protocols like OSPF,
* Solid knowledge on optical networking protocols like
PDH, SDH and SONET.
* Sound experience in next generation SDH/SONET technologies
like GFP, VCAT and LCAS.
* Strong knowledge on 3GPP LTE, W-CDMA based UMTS and 3GPP2
networks such as cdmaOne and CDMA2000.
* Hands on experience of service oriented architectures
* Sound knowledge in TCP/IP, usage of SUN RPC(Remote
Procedure Calls), etc.
* Expertise in using OOAD/OOP concepts.
* Experience in Unix Shell scripting, PERL and Python.
* Strong working knowledge on XML, XML parsers like DOM,
SAX and expat.
* Good knowledge of Configuration Management tools like
Rational Clearcase, CVS, subversion and sablime (Lucent
* Extensive knowledge and experience in debugging and
memory profiling tools like gdb, Rational Purify,
* Good exposure to information modeling using Rational
Rose UML tool.
* Experienced in the System Engineering and Effort
* Experienced in usage of defect tracking tools like
XDDTS and ClearQuest.
* Solid experience in maintenance/sustenance, system
validation and testing.
* Excellent customer service orientation and outstanding
verbal and written communications skills.
* Demonstrated track record of successful project development
and implementations with strong technical, logical,
analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to apply new concepts and technologies to enhance
the work environment.
* Ability to contribute individually, while leading small
* Programming Languages: C, C++
* Scripting Languages: Shell Scripting, PERL, Python
* Distributed Programming: SUN RPC, XML SOAP, Sockets,
Shared memory, Queues
* Tools: Clearcase, ClearQuest, Subversion, XDDTS,
Purify, Rational Rose
* Standards/Protocols: SNMP, TCP/IP, XML, TL1, VLAN,
OSPF, BGP, LTE, CDMA2000, UMTS, 1XEVDO, SDH/SONET
* Hardware/OS: Unix/Linux/Sun Solaris, Windows Family, DOS
* Third Party Tools: NET-SNMP, EMANATE, G-SOAP, Libcurl
August 2004 Birla Institute of technology and sciences,
Pilani, Rajasthan, India
Master of Science, Software Systems
GPA: 7.38, Evaluated to be equivalent to 'Master of
science' in computer science from a reputed university in USA.
September 1999 Karnataka University, Dharwad, Karnataka,
Bachelor of Engineering, Electronics and Communications
Passed with distinction ranking 5th in a class of 80.
November 2008 to Present JDS Uniphase, Germantown, MD, USA
Software Engineer III
JDSU offers test and measurement instruments, systems, software,
services, and integrated solutions that help communications
services providers, equipment manufacturers, and major
communications users maintain their competitive advantage at
each stage of the network lifecycle.
The T-BERD MTS 6000A MSAM is a modular, multi-functional test
solution for PDH, SONET, SDH, OTN, Ethernet, IP, TCP/UDP, and
fiber channel networks. It can also be used to test basic IP
video Services. It is a rugged, portable, battery operated
test instrument that facilitates the quick turn-up and
troubleshooting of multiple services and network elements in
the core and metro network. This allows providers who are
expanding their offerings into new data and wavelength services
to deploy a single technician to install and maintain new elements
and services using a single integrated instrument. Implemented
the next generation SONET/SDH features like GFP (Generic Framing
Procedure), VCAT (Virtual Concatenation) and LCAS (Link Capacity
Adjustment scheme) into this test instrument.
* Reviewing the functional specifications and implementing the test
access management used to configure the remote switch/router for
service assurance tests.
* Reviewed the functional specifications of GFP (Generic Framing
* Designed and implemented the embedded software module for GFP.
* Designed and implemented alarm suppression feature into this
* Designed and implemented embedded software module for capturing
the path overhead bytes of the received SONET/SDH frames.
August 2007 to October 2008 Hughes Network Systems, Gaithersburg,MD
Principal Software Engineer
HUGHES is the global leader in providing broadband satellite networks
and services for large enterprises, governments, small businesses, and
consumers. HughesNet encompasses all broadband solutions and managed
services from Hughes, bridging the best of satellite and terrestrial
technologies. Hughes has shipped more than 1.2 million systems to
customers in over 100 countries. It’s broadband satellite products
are based on the IPoS (IP over Satellite) global standard, approved
by the TIA, ETSI, and ITU standards organizations.
Thuraya Satellite Telecommunications Company offers cost-effective,
satellite-based mobile telephone services to nearly one third of the
globe, utilizing its regional mobile telecommunications via satellite
(GMPCS) system. Thuraya SGW is the secondary Gateway that will act as
a redundant gateway, and also perform load sharing functions for the
existing primary Gateway located in the UAE. Led the two member team
for the design and development of the management agent of the SGW
* Analyzed system requirements document and wrote design document and
functional specifications of management agent.
* Defined interface between management centre and management agent and
drafted interface control document.
* Designed and developed management agents on two different components;
one using NET-SNMP and other EMANATE.
* Designed and developed the communication interface using TCP/IP sockets
between the sub-systems involved in the system.
* Designed and developed a multithreaded module, each thread handling
separate tasks simultaneously.
* Guided and trained team members on management concept and utilities to
be used for development.
* Integrated the software module with the other subsystems.
* Environment: C/C++ on Linux, NET-SNMP, EMANATE.
December 2004 to July 2007 Motorola, Schaumburg, IL, USA
CNEOMI is the proprietary protocol of Motorola for communication between
management center and management agent. CNEOMI Lite agent is light weight
management agent providing network management services including
configuration, fault and performance managements for single node fixed or
mobile network elements.CNEOMI Lite agent has the small resource usage
footprint and can be deployed in different configurations as required.
Led 10 member team of engineers involved in design and development of
CNEOMI Lite agent. Provided technical support to the customers.
* Analyzed requirement of CNEOMI Lite Agent.
* Defined interfaces between CNEOMI Lite Agent and management center.
* Defined interfaces between CNEOMI Lite Agent and applications running on
* Modeled CNEOMI Lite agent performing FCAPS functionality using Rational
* Designed and developed SOAP interface between the client applications
and the CNEOMI Lite Agent.
* Designed and implemented modules involved in parsing XML files using
standard parsers like DOM, SAX and Expat.
* Designed and developed multithreaded application capable of handling
commands from different clients simultaneously.
* Provided technical support and training to customers.
* Co-ordinated between different teams involved in development.
* Managed various software releases and assisted customers using it.
* Environment: C/C++ on Linux, XML SOAP, NET-SNMP, DOM, SAX, Expat.
October 2003 to November 2004 Alcatel, Plano, TX, USA
Alcatel's 1630 GSX is a versatile cross-connect, designed to support
both SONET and SDH. It manages both voice rate and higher rate private
line services from a single platform. This dual functionality provides
service providers with greater efficiencies from a single product,
reducing the need for extensive equipment purchases. The versatility
of GSX also sets it apart from the competition. For example, it can
provide seamless translation between ANSI or ETSI standards, making
it an ideal international gateway solution.
Generic Element Manager 1353 GEM, as the name suggests is an element
manager product from Alcatel, which can manage whole range of product
from Alcatel such as 1630GSX, 1640OADM, etc.
* Revised and optimized 1630 GSX software. Led a 3 member team involved
in system validation of 1353 GEM.
* Resolved critical defects in 1630 GSX software by debugging using GNU
* Optimized software by identifying and fixing memory leaks using Rational
* Validated 1630 GSX system using TL1 commands.
* Validated 1353 GEM software.
* Authored system integration test plan.
* Environment: C/C++ on Linux.
May 2000 to August 2003 Lucent Technologies, Bangalore, India
Senior Software Engineer
Lucent Technologies designs and delivers the systems, services and
software that drive next-generation communications networks. Backed
by Bell Labs research and development, Lucent uses its strengths in
mobility, optical, software, data and voice networking technologies,
as well as services, to create new revenue-generating opportunities
for its customers, while enabling them to quickly deploy and better
manage their networks. Lucent's customer base includes communications
service providers, governments and enterprises worldwide.
The HDR 1xEVDO system provides a high-speed, high-capacity solution
to today's increased market demand for wireless data and Internet
applications. It provides a time-to-market advantage for both
existing CDMA service providers and new entrants looking either to
deploy HDR in concert with 3G1X or as a data-only network.
Designed and developed four software modules for HDR 1xEVDO
* Simulated the usage of SUN RPC and trained other team members.
* Designed and developed software modules involved in handling of
management requests from management center.
* Optimized software by identifying and fixing memory leaks.
* Designed and developed modules interfacing between 1xEVDO
Controller and 1xEVDO cell site using SUN RPC (Remote
* Designed and developed software modules enabling startup and
configuration of 1xEVDO cell site.
* Designed and developed a module providing interface to ORACLE
database using SQL commands.
* Validated 1xEVDO system.
* Environment: C/C++ on UNIX (Solaris), SUN RPC.
Similar ResumesTelecom/software development
- sip, rockwell, ldap, dms, quebec, nortel, java,...iPhone Developer
Fort Lauderdale, FL
- com br, yui, iphone developer, xcode, iphone,...Software Development Engineer/Manager
- groovy, wpf, hibernate, opengl, ss7, verilog, sip,...Metallurgy Engineering, Technology Process Group, Quality control
India, Pune, MH
- ndt, metallurgy, sci, metallurgical, engg, sample,...Child care
- wellness, login, child, hr, pa, call, please, need,...Manager Project Business Software Management Engineer
- silverlight, wpf, allscripts, wireframe, wcf, tfs,...Sr Business System Analyst /Technical Lead /System Analyst /Team Lead
- broking, ghana, dp, webservices, amex, sabre,...Experience Linux Solaris Unix Windows Storage
- ux, nas, aix, solaris, linux, unix, hp, az,...Software Engineer / Developer/Telecom sector
India, khorda, OR
- biodata, slot, behaviour, orissa, mm, developer,...Housekeeping Manager/Janitorial Manager
- houston tx, qa qc, carpet, qc, janitorial,...