SAHIL A THAKKAR
• Over 1 year experience working as Business Analyst
• Experienced in gathering and analysis of business requirements and project coordination in the pharmaceutical and finance industry with specific diversified experiences.
• Excellent understanding of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Special Excel skills especially creating pivot tables and special functions of excel.
• Creating and maintaining Requirement documents in MS Excel
• Experience facilitating Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and interviewing Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
• Experience in developing and writing functional business requirement and process flows
• Experience in Business Analysis using tools such as Functional Flow charts, Layout flow charts, Workshops and Brainstorming Sessions
• Experience in writing Business Requirement Documents that incorporate Business Rules for Applications under Testing and expertise in understanding and interpreting Requirement Specifications
• Excellent Communication, Presentation and Management skills with experience in conflict resolution, creative problem solving techniques and working in a challenging environment
• Experienced in Waterfall-Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Rational Unified Process (RUP).
• Expert in report development and data analysis
• Proficient in developing Macros using Microsoft Excel
• Strong hands on experience in X.SEAD Service Now Software
• Expert in creating charts and graphical view reports
Business Analyst June 10 – April 11
Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy (DSP) is an independently held healthcare company dedicated to being a customer focused and innovative partner, providing medication management and clinical services in a caring, cost-effective, supportive environment. To ensure timely availability of information about the customers DSP needed to enhance their current system. Worked as a Business analyst with team members to build, debug, analyze the new system that would help DSP manage information efficiently and also increase the efficiency of the current system.
• Conducted formal interviews and JAD sessions with business users of all levels including the executive team and Project Directors. Interact with SME’s to obtain requirements, solicit feedback and provide support as appropriate.
• Defined document standards and templates for business requirements document, traceability matrix, project plans and other deliverables.
• Developed scribes during JAD and Pre JAD sessions.
• Worked closely with the project manager to define project plans, deliverables and business services deliverables
• Defined the scope of the project and determined phasing of deliverables, based on business needs, keeping in mind the scalability of the application, based on cross functional set of users
• Conducted Gap Analysis by identifying existing process, created and documented the end-user AS-IS workflow and TO-BE system to better understand & explain the advantages vs. impact on existing work flow/load.
• Understood and articulated business requirements from user interviews and then converted those requirements into technical specifications
• Prepared Business Requirement document (BRD) / Functional Design documents and then converted Business requirements into Software Requirement Specification (SRS) Document.
• Identified and developed high level as well as detailed Use Cases based on RUP methodology from the requirements.
• Managed and reviewed deliverables for Business Analysis team consisting of three internal resources.
• Provided time and effort estimations for deliverables and managed business expectations on a daily basis
• Responsible for review of deliverables and documentation
• Documented and published information related to each level in the process model of the application.
• Manage change requests, work order list and project plan
New York Stock Exchange
New York, NY
Business/Data Analyst Intern Feb 10 – June 10
In NYSE tickets are generated by the IT support representatives on a daily basis using Service Now software. These tickets information are then extracted to excel and then reports are generated on these data for analysis and to improve workflow and customer service operations.
• Developed an automated system to generate graphs using Macros in Excel
• Assist in producing Reports using X.Sead platform using available data
• Helped develop and implement key performance indicators to asses current performance and identify areas of weakness
• Assisted in spreadsheet documentation and statistic creation
• Facilitated the knowledge sharing between NY and Chicago teams
• Assisted in implementation plans and maintain awareness and training campaigns
• Helped maintain clean data in the change management tool
• Assist the Incident Management department to analyze work flow
• Suggest analytical approach to problems regarding Incident Management
• Strong knowledge in Metrics Report & Service Now Software
• Post-release maintenance, bug fixing and adding new features, based on user requests
• Assist manager by keeping minutes in weekly meetings
Bachelors in Electrical & Computer Engineering
New York Institute of Technology, New York, NY
Diploma in Communications
Mumbai University, India
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, SQL
IT Skills: MS Project, Access, Word, Excel, Visio, Crystal Reports
Industry Standards: HIPPA, SOX, ISO, Sigma, CMM
Design Tools: Visio, Axure Pro 5, Adobe Captivate, Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator
Database Technologies : MS Access 2003/2007, MS SQL SERVER 2005
Senior Business Analyst
New York, NY - epic, loss, analyst, fda, medical device,...
New York, NY - construction project, construction, christopher,...
Project Manager Management
Newark, NJ - deliverables, teams, project, pmp, roles,...
Quality Assurance Project
Cliffside Park, NJ - data analyst, sharepoint, deliverables, jeff,...
Customer Service Quality Assurance
New York, NY - stanley, morgan, deliverables, processes,...
Project Manager Management
Brooklyn, NY - project, deliverables, meeting, casualty,...
Quality Control Design
New York, NY - graphics, desktop, key, deliverables, prepress,...