• Customer centric, detail oriented business professional.
• Strong material science background (Ph.D.).
• Familiar with analytical instrumentations.
• +13 years business experiences in B-2-B environment which includes project management, global collaborations & product launches.
PerkinElmer, Shelton, CT 2009–Present
Strategic Application Scientist.
• Increase analytical instrument business by innovative application solution development
• Secured new business opportunity in key market segments including Energy, Food, Pharma, Environment and Petrochemical segments by partnering with national lab, government agency.
• Support emerging market in Asia; Primary liaison (i.e. ‘go to’ person) between Business Unit and China for thermal analysis product line.
• Shape the industry standard by participating in ASTM committee (E37 2nd vice chair) to develop new standards
• Manage the collaborations with technical guru and key accounts worldwide (NA, EU, Asia) to keep ahead of competition
• Support field marketing, drive market awareness by giving numerous lectures at professional conference, trade show, webcast, customer seminar etc.
• Manage Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) in Academic & Industrial environments
DSC (Differential Scanning Calorimetry) Product Manager 2005-2009
• Managed cross-functional team (operations, R&D, sales, service, marketing and finance) for current flagship DSC 8000/8500 (>820 units sold, $29M USD revenue globally).
• Created sales/marketing tools for field organization (brochure, specification sheet, technical & applications notes).
• Core member of commercialization team responsible for Global product launch.
• Drove development of the DSC product line.
Dowcorning Ltd, Shanghai Plant 2000-2001
Application Engineer/Technical Support
• Enhanced silicone products through formulation & quality studies.
• Managed third part sales channel (distributors) for mainland China.
• Development of sales tools for distributor channels
• Primary technical support for customers
Bayer Ltd, Shanghai Representative Office 1999-2000
• Sales of engineering plastics e.g. PC/ABS, PC, PBT
• Provided VOC (Voice of Customer) to German product management team on behalf of Chinese team (leveraging English language skills).
Polyplastics Japan Ltd, Shanghai Office 1998-1999
• Sales of engineering plastics, mainly POM, PBT, PPS and Liquid crystal polymer
• Marketing survey for applications of engineering plastics
MBA, UCONN (expected 2013) 2010-present
Ph.D., University of Connecticut, chemical engineering dept 2001-2005
MS & BS, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, P.R. China 1991-1998
Polymer science and engineering
PROFESSIONAL SALES & MARKETING TRAININGS
Strategic Account Management, training in Bayer by Mercuri Consulting Inc.
Professional Sales skills, training in Dowcorning by AchieveGloble consulting Inc.
Comprehensive polymer and material science background
Extensive experience in scientific instruments including DSC, TGA, TMA, DMA, FTIR, UV-VIS, HPLC, GC, MS, Fluorescence spectrometer, 1H, 13C NMR, , Instron and microscope (optical, confocal laser scanning microscope, Polscope, optical coherence tomography, FESEM, AFM)
1. Yan, Deyue; Dong, Hai; Ye, Peng; Mueller, Axel H. E. Kinetic Analysis of "Living" Polymerization Processes Exhibiting Slow Equilibria. 6. Cationic Polymerization Involving Covalent Species, Ion Pairs, and Free Cations. Macromolecules (1996), 29(25), 8057-8063.
2. Yan, Deyue; Ye, Peng; Zhang, Hong'an. Kinetic model of living ionic polymerization with three active species. Science in China, Series B: Chemistry (1998), 41(3), 278-284.
3. Ye, Peng and Parnas, Richard S., Optical Coherence Tomography-A new 3D imaging method, P.A.D. review, 2004, 4-5.
4. Woerdeman, Dara L.; Ye, Peng; Shenoy, Suresh; Parnas, Richard S.; Wnek, Gary E.; Trofimova, Olga. Electrospun Fibers from Wheat Protein: Investigation of the Interplay between Molecular Structure and the Fluid Dynamics of the Electrospinning Process. Biomacromolecules
5. Ye, Peng; Reitz, Lauren; Horan, Christopher; Parnas, Richard S. Synthesis and biodegradation of plant protein composites. Abstracts of Papers, 229th ACS National Meeting, San Diego, CA, United States, March 13-17, 2005 (2005)
6. Ye, Peng; Reitz, Lauren; Horan, Chris and Parnas Richard S., Manufacture and Biodegradation of wheat gluten/basalt composite material, J. Polymers and the Environment, in press.
7.Ye, Peng, Horan, Chris, Alex Asandei & Parnas Richard. Modification of wheat gluten by SHPVA. SAMPE 2005.
8. Ye, Peng , Rebacca, Parnas Richard, ACS abstract , 2006
9. Ye, Peng, Swanson, Krista. American Lab, Thermal Analysis of Biodegradable Material: From Modulated Temperature DSC to Fast Scan DSC, 2006
10. Kevin Menard, Peng Ye, Rubber World, Thermal analysis techniques for rubbers, Nov. 2007
11. Kevin Menard and Peng Ye, Laboratory Equipment, HyperDSC and DMA Allow Greater Detection of Amorphous Materials, 2007
12. Peng Ye and Thomas Byron, American Lab, Charateization of D-mannitol by themal analysis, FTIR and Raman, Aug 2008
13. Peng Ye, Biodiesel Magazine, Weighing Oxidation Stability Tests for Bio-diesel, 2008.
14. Peng Ye etc, Detect contaminant in oil by TG-IR analysis, PITTOCN, 2008
15. Peng Ye, Innovation in the design of power compensation DSC, PITTCON, 2009
16. Peng Ye, Enhancing productivity of DSC measurements, PITTCON, 2009
17. Peng Ye etc, Novel Raman-DSC for enhanced characterization of Polymeric and Pharmaceutical Sample, PITTCON, 2009
18. Peng Ye etc, Using UV-DSC in degradation studies of pharmaceuticals, PITTCON, 2009
19. Peng Ye etc, Photo DSC and Photo DMA for studying UV initiated reactions, PITTCON, 2009
20. Andrew W. Salamon, Peng Ye, and Kevin Menard, DSC Fast Cooling Rates and Precision Temperature Control Enable Isothermal Crystallization Studies, ANTEC, 2009.
21. Peng Ye etc, Characterize polyurethane acrylate by HyperDSC, ANTEC, 2010
22. Peng Ye etc, EVA curing study by DSC for solar application, ANTEC 2010
23. Peng Ye etc, Alternative Energy Study by Thermal analysis, PITTCON, 2010
24.Peng Ye etc, HyperDSC application for advanced aerospace composite material, PITTCON, 2010
25. Peng Ye etc, UV/DSC study on new double furnace DSC, PITTCON, 2010
26. Peng Ye etc, Polyketone characterization by HyperDSC, PITTCON, 2011
• ASTM E37 committee, 2nd vice president
• NATAS (north American thermal analysis society)
• ICTAC (international confederation for thermal analysis and calorimetry)
• ACS (American Chemical Society)
• SAMPE (Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering)
• SPE (Society of Plastics Engineers)
Customer Service Sales
CT - community, west, coach, companies, mortgage,...
Human Resource Resources
CT - employees, plan, benefits, personnel, policy,...
Project Manager Customer
CT - scrum, tools, plan, technical, agile, team,...
Customer Service Administrative Assistant
CT - maintained, troubleshooting, internet, microsoft,...
Sales Customer Service
CT - maintained, cummins, market, engine, goals, client,...
Operations, Product, Marketing
CT - technology, digital, internet, operations,...
Customer Service Assistant
CT - vendor, input, payment, client, forward, employees,...