*** **** **** ******
Brooklyn, NY 11203 United States
To obtain an entry-level position in the fashion outfield utilizing acquired knowledge and experience while offering an opportunity for growth and advancement.
Bachelor of Science, Textile Apparel Merchandising & Management, Virginia State University (August 2006 - May 2009)
3.3 Grade Point Average
Forever 21, Visual Merchandiser/ Mannequin Specialist, New York, NY (September 2009 –present)
Communicate with managers of department stores to work out the floor layout and display points, as well as what items are to be displayed. Design window or internal displays based on a theme or trend for the present season. Dress mannequins and use appropriate lighting to display merchandise for the best presentation possible. Increase store’s sale goal on a daily basis by refreshing store product and utilizing merchandising techniques.
Forever 21, Retail Salesperson-Seasonal (June 2007-August 2008) Greeted customers and ascertained what each customer wanted or needed.
Ticketed, arranged and displayed merchandise to promote sales.
Recommended, selected, and helped locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
Upward Bound Program, Administrative Assistant, Petersburg, VA (August 2007 - May 2009)
Logged in all incoming packages and distributed all mail to the appropriate respondents.
Organized all scheduling for the occupancy of the conference rooms.
Answered all incoming calls and transferred them to the appropriate departments.-
AIM International Food Plaza, Cashier, Brooklyn, NY (June 2005 - July 2007)
Balanced cash drawer with a consistently high level of accuracy.
Demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple tasks by working the register, placing in numbers for customer's lotto, paying bills, sending and receiving money grams, cashing checks and creating money orders.
CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS:
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Incorporated
Rocawear New York, NY June 2008 - Present
Experience in the Marketing and Special Events Department/Merchandising Department
Styling for plus size, and lingerie photo shoots.
Successful planning for Tristan Wild's surprise birthday party at the 40/40 club.
Researched locations for Roc retreat in August 2008.
Managed model calls and editorial meetings.
Constructively organized Jay-Z's and the Marketing closet.
Usage of the electron and stereo microscope, proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Photoshop. Excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal, team oriented, analytical and ability to multi-task.
Similar ResumesFashion/Wardrobe Stylist
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, CA
- meals, fashion stylist, stylist, reference,...Merchandiser
- screen printing, dyeing, embroidery, nasik, sample,...Visual Manager
- graduates, scheduler, presenter, zones, educators,...Visual Display Merchandiser
- visual merchandiser, decorator, dresser,...Visual Stylist
Los Angeles, CA
- flare, stylist, merchandiser, signage, sets,...Visual Merchandising & Styling
New York, NY
- visual merchandiser, stylists, stylist, ruby,...Visual Merchandiser
San Francisco, CA
- visual merchandiser, stylist, costume, hair,...Design Los Angeles Designer Experience Production
Los Angeles, CA
- commercials, marco, costume, brands, stylist,...New York Sales Career Objective Experience Cover Letter
New York, NY
- runway, stylist, cover letter, picking, clothes,...Fashion/Wardrobe Stylist
Philippines, Manila, NCR
- batangas, smx, stylist, php, costume, makati,...