Shinar R. Little
Upper Marlboro, Md. 20774
To work in a professional sales environment with dynamic team management, as well as a new opportunity and challenging professional experience that yields growth and development.
B.S., Marketing, American University, Washington, DC 05/06
B.S., Marketing, Goldey-Beacom College, Wilmington, DE 06/04
Duke University Certificate Nonprofit Management, Durham, NC 2011
Certified Mortgage Broker
Certificate of Continuing Education in Mortgage Banking
Recipient of Minority Student Union, Recipient of Men’s Basketball Team
Operating Systems: MS Windows 95/98/00/XP Professional/Vista
Applications: MS Office Suite 97/00/03/07
07/10–Present (Part-time) Loan Modification Manager, The Pesante Law Firm Washington, DC
• Review modification applications to ensure they are in compliance with the Making Homes Affordable Program
• Communicate with various banks for status updates
• Prepared and calculated income/expenses on Financial worksheets for applicants
• Ensured daily functions of modification department were ran efficiently through collaborative effort
• Worked with attorneys to prevent foreclosure sales
• Managed client development
03/05 – 07/09 Sr. Mortgage Banker Manager, First Community Mortgage Bowie, MD
• Originate and prepared all loan agreements and other loan documents as necessary depending on the type of service the client requests.
• Reviewed and educated clients about their credit reports.
• Works closely with all clients to research and tailor the best loan program that suit their unique needs.
• Reviews closing and disbursement requests to the Finance Division of the respective lender submitted by clients to ensure all data is accurate and approved before final submission.
• Created and introduced sales and marketing material to companies, which assisted with new business and promotions using own initiative.
• Presented various products to numerous housing program conferences, classes and events in the Washington DC Metropolitan area that resulted in a high generation of new clientele.
• Provided assistance and support to lender to assure all documents and closing conditions have been satisfied by borrower.
• Coordinated and instructed closing agents and attorneys on closing arrangements and disbursements.
• Informed and outlined repayment information and requests to clients in person and as part of their loan package.
• Provided recommendations and counseling for modifications to existing loans, if needed.
• Prepared additional documentation necessary to safeguard the Department of HUD’s interests in a loan.
• Generated over 5 million in sales volume per month as Sr. Loan officer.
• Managed and trained Jr. Loan Officers on how to sell, and rapport building with clients.
06 /04 –08/04 Pension Benefits Specialist, Pension Benefits Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) Wash, DC
• Reviewed, verified, calculated and authorized benefit payments to the participants and beneficiaries covered by the benefit plans that are or will be trusted by PBGC. (Excel)
• Worked in a Windows-based environment using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet research to complete several projects.
• Assisted in preparing data benefit sheets of participants.
• Analyzed closeout reports to verify accuracy of data and processed benefit applications.
• Created marketing advertisements for direct deposit.
• Executive assistant to the department leader
• Introduced and presented our pension program to clientele.
• Created marketing material for prospective clients on benefits of our Pension program.
• Performed administrative tasks which included answering phones, preparing travel arrangements, maintaining the office calendar, scheduling meetings and deliveries, ordering office supplies, event planning and coordination for division picnics, prepared promotional kits for briefings and conferences in a timely manner.
05/03– 08/03 Program Support Clerk, Department of Health and Human Services Rockville, MD
• Assisted in creating marketing strategies to promote the health and human services department.
• Sorted and arranged materials (correspondence, reports, forms, regulations, etc.) for filing and filed those materials which can be readily filed in alphabetical, numerical, or chronological order.
• Presented various ideas and marketing strategies to the department using Microsoft office.
• Executive assistant to Chief Officer
• Performed administrative support tasks which included answering phones, preparing travel arrangements, maintaining the office calendar, scheduling meetings and deliveries, ordering office supplies, coordinating security visits and clearance checks, event planning and coordination for division picnics, monthly potlucks and luncheons, prepared promotional kits for briefings and conferences in a timely manner.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND VOLUNTEER
• Consistently achieved top performance recognition at First Community Mortgage in loan sales weekly/monthly
• Co-organized and implemented a 2008 Thanksgiving canned good drive for the Bread for the City Food Pantry.
• Organized and implemented a holiday gift drive for orphanage kids
• Collegiate Men’s basketball team
Odenton, MD - day, general, policy, activities, employee, court,...
Laurel, MD - mortgage, term, maryland, banking, care, term care,...
High School Elementary
Crofton, MD - elementary, music, elementary school, es,...
MD - synthesis, chemistry, chemist, cancer, howard,...
Annapolis, MD - case, case manager, dc, provided, social services,...
Sales Customer Service
Crofton, MD - jeff, information management, revenue, dc, porter,...
Quality Assurance Project Manager
Odenton, MD - mep, dc, commissioning, basketball, alarm, wash,...