WA NDA HUBBARD**** ****** ****
.• Kennesaw, Georgia 30144
firstname.lastname@example.org • (678-***-****
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Skillful and dedicated Office Coordinator with extensive experience in the coordination, planning, and support of daily operational and administrative functions to include extensive medical knowledge.
HCA – Acworth, GA
Front Office Medical Specialist
• Communicating with patients and providers.
• Scheduling, canceling and rescheduling patient appointments.
• Checking in patients and properly documenting registration.
• Insurance verification and verification of patient demographics.
• Retrieving/filing medical records and delivering to appropriate providers/departments.
• Filing patient and administrative files.
• Collecting co-pays and cash from patients, getting authorization on credit cards.
• Entering charges, payments and balancing the day on computer.
• Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
MAHONE STAFFING – Roswell, Georgia
Medical Office Specialist
• Back office/medical records support for cardiac thoracic practice.
• Retrieves all patient chart data, corrects missing or incorrect data and oversees the dissemination of patient chart information to physicians, patients, and other requestors.
• Download patient medical records via hospital portals for hospitalizations, surgeries.
• Retrieves discharged medical records from various nursing units and ancillary departments
• Assists in reconciling retrieved medical records against patient discharge listings to ensure receipt of all records within twenty-four (24) hours of discharge/visit
• Routes loose reports and/or late documentation to HSC Document Imaging area for scanning
• Scans and indexes loose reports/documents that are identified as critical to coding
• Pulls 60 facility paper medical records per hour as requested by customer(s)
• Files and/or re-files120 facility paper medical records per hour as required
• Requests and returns paper records from off-site storage as applicable
• Retrieves and prints medical records from microfilm (as applicable)
• Trains physicians on Portal/hCare
• Processes accounts in assigned facility HPF work queues/routers
• Opens HIM mail and routes medical record requests to HIM document scanning
• Photocopies paper medical records as directed by the ROI staff
• Assists in the processing of walk-in requests for Release of Information
• Maintains or exceeds established productivity standards while achieving or exceeding established requirements for accuracy
• Assists in maintaining all equipment and supplies required in the provision of services in optimum operational status
SENTARA LEIGH HOSPITAL – Norfolk, Virginia 03/2008 to 6/2009
Health and Information Record Technician
• Validates/indexes requests and authorizations for release of medical information according to procedures.
• Receives incoming requests, assisting walk-ins, telephone inquiries, and retrieving facsimile.
• Retrieves patient’s medical chart and returning chart, completes release of information requests, copying/scanning medical record accurately and mails copies or electronically delivers medical record.
• Provides excellent customer service, insures understanding of customer request through follow-through.
• Carryout responsibilities in accordance with policies and procedures, HIPPA, state/federal regulations.
• Maintains confidentiality, security and standards of ethics in regards to medical records.
• Experienced Ecare/OnBase medical records technician.
HOME BASED TEACHING PARENT – Atlanta, Georgia 03/2002 to 03/2008
• Developed a lesson plan on a regular basis, score assessments and provide feedback to students.
• Support students with alternate strategies and provide additional assistance with daily assignment and projects as suggested by the Abeka curriculum.
• Maintain student records and data up=-to-date, accumulative files and attendance records.
THE REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER AT MEMPHIS – Memphis, Tennessee 02/2001 to 03/2002
• Provided administrative support, attend meetings to take dictation.
• Created statistical reports/records to the Chief Medical Officer on a quarterly basis.
• Demonstrated capacity to provide comprehensive support for executive-level staff including scheduling meetings, coordinating travel, and effectively managing all essential tasks.
• Proven track record of accurately completing research, reporting, information management.
• Adept at developing and maintaining detailed administrative and procedural processes that reduce redundancy, improve accuracy and efficiency, and achieve organizational objectives.
• Highly focused and results-oriented in supporting complex, deadline-driven operations; able to identify goals and priorities and resolve issues in initial stages.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office System, , Microsoft Windows® operating system, OnBase operating system; type 60 wpm with complete accuracy.
UT Medical Group – Memphis, Tennessee
05/1995 to 07/2000
• Provide administrative support.
• Created and maintained a centralized filing system for service contracts, employment agreements, drug studies and malpractice files electronically by updating electronic document files project server.
• Input/tracked physicians timekeeping via database.
• Formulate, write, and implement memos and letters.
• Interact with external legal counsel to provide billing copies.
• Apply knowledge of medical terminology when typing and bowdlerizing physician documentation.
• Organize meetings for food and drug shows, annual sales meetings and team sales presentations.
• Tracked shipments for on-time delivery. Interact daily with carriers internal and external customers.
Memphis Public Schools – High School Diploma
July 1978 – Biscayne College – A.S. – Secretarial Sciences
May 2005 Ashworth University –Pursuing B.A. –Medical Assistant Program/Healthcare