|Summary of qualifications **** – */**/****
Construction Laborer to Project Superintendent
Education Engineering Major
El Camino J.C., Torrance, Ca- 2 yrs
AA Photography, Engineering prep work
Long Beach State Univ., Long Beach, Ca, Engineering major- 1yr
2/20/07- 2/18/10 Webcor Builders Los Angeles, Ca
- W Hotel and Condos/550 million- 14 story CIP Hotel and 16 story
Condominiums. Transferred from the Century project to take over exterior construction, plaster, curtain wall, precast, roof and mechanical, MTA Plaza, Motor Court and Cine W Plaza, landscaping. Condo roof private pool area and Cabana build out. Coordinator with other General on site/RD Olson for build out of Drai’s Night Club and roof top pool area/kitchen. Schedule and manage all Subcontractors. Work and coordinate with large team.
Hollywood, Ca 4/3/09 to 2/18/10
- The Century/350 million- 43 story CIP Condominiums and Parking structure. Take over demolition of 40 Story St Regis Hotel, move to shoring/mass excavation and waterproofing to prepare for tower mat slab and parking foundation by Webcor Concrete. GC coordination and QC with Webcor Concrete, precast erection and glazing. Start/manage low rise interior framing and MEP rough and continue through 41st floor then add Mechanical and roof area management 42nd and 43rd flrs, erection of window washing cranes. Schedule and manage all Subcontractors. Work and coordinate with large team. Transfer to W Hotel and Condos to manage exteriors.
Century City, Ca 2/20/07 to 4/2/09
11/22/04- 2/17/07 WE O’Neil Construction Los Angeles, Ca
- Warner Center apartments/65 million- Assist existing Project Superintendent and took over when he transferred to another project. 4 story Type 5 construction, plaster exterior, 550 units wrapped around two 5 story parking structures on 23 acres, scheduled and coordinated all 7 phases of construction with Partial TCO through Phase 5. Finished up with hard scape, pool area, B permit and landscaping. Left with opportunity to work with Webcor.
Woodland Hills, Ca 5/1/05 to 2/17/07
- Sunrise Assisted Living/Assist existing Project Superintendent while waiting for project start, Civil, roof and various finishes.
Pasadena, Ca 2/15/05 to 5/1/05
- Beverly Hills Office Bldg/ Initial work while waiting for project start, water leak mitigation on former O’Neil project on and off while assisting office with estimating and scheduling for bids, job walks and presentations.
Main Office in Los Angeles & Beverly Hills, Ca 11/22/04 to 2/15/05
12/1/00 to 10/23/04 Peck-Jones Santa Monica, Ca
- Hotel Dieu Phase II/ 2 million-Parking + 4 story cast in place, ground up, senior living quarters & structural steel Chapel. Estimate, schedule, buyouts & execution of concrete structure. Act as cost engineer & continue assist Main Office estimating/job scheduling. Peck/Jones
failed to make payroll. Job shut down.
Los Angeles, Ca., - Phase II 4/26/04 to 10/23/04
- Main Office/Assist estimating, scheduling 15+ jobs
Santa Monica, Ca & various locations. 10/31/03 to 4/26/04
- Hotel Dieu/ 5 million-Parking, “Meals on Wheels” kitchen facility. Assist Project Superintendent with demolition, excavation, scheduling & acquisitions. Execute footings for 350lf cantilever retaining wall. Assist survey/ layout, further excavation, shoring work, structural steel, safety & management of contractors. Footings, grade beams, SOMD & SOG for structural steel bldg, rough sheathing of roof structures, Phase I.
Los Angeles, Ca., Phase I 2/15/03 -10/31/03
- Kohl’s/7.5 million-Retail store. Demo @ existing Broadway & surrounding structures. Hard demo into existing structure & self perform $500K concrete work, prep for shotcrete wall upgrades. Tenant Improvement, high-end façade/decorative walks/related site/civil work.
Huntington Beach, Ca 6/25/02 -2/15/03/03
- Scheduling/estimating/pricing: to assist estimating department
Santa Monica, Ca. 5/01/02 -6/25/02
- Pacific Theaters, Cinerama Dome/48 million-“Arclight” theater
complex & mixed retail. Assist existing superintendent with site
management, scheduling, etc. Take over directly: Retail complex core
& shell, all civil work (A & B permits), landscaping, hardscape.
Hollywood, Ca 11/15/02 to 5/1/02
Pacific Theaters/9 million-16 theater complex in structural steel
frame. Asbuilt existing steel and execute $400K of seating/core/shell
steel changes. Take over concrete from subcontractor and place
900cy of black concrete for seating over metal deck, topping slabs
and ramps. Manage all subcontractors for framing/finishes and
concession stands. Coordinate with theater representative/ vendors
Sherman Oaks, Ca 12/00 to 11/30/02
7/98-12/00 NL Barnes San Francisco, Ca
Belvedere Place/20 million- two 4 story steel frame office towers/ core & shell, plaster exterior, unique cip football shape columns @ lobby-40’ high, cip long beam parking structure. Manage subs; self performed concrete, exterior underground & site work on complex hillside. Assist w/ T.I. buildout.
Mill Valley, Ca 12/99 to12/00
UC Davis Plant & Enviromental Services/35 million-assist gen’l super w/site setup, mass ex, survey & schedule development. Manage subs, underground & caissons, self performed foundation/basement walls.
Davis, Ca 8/99 to12/99
LA Center Studios/22 million-complete buildout on a city block. Demo 4 existing buildings, clear & mass ex., six tiltup studios/four 2 story wood frame/plaster dressing areas, 9000 amp power station/new walks & streets & schedule/manage all subs.
Los Angeles, Ca 7/98 to 8/99
2/96 to 7/98 Tutor-Saliba Corp. Sylmar, Ca.
Philamlife Tower/80 million-take over job from local gen’l contractor; reestablish survey, schedule development & site setup for 45 story cast in place high rise. Finish mass ex & complete mat foundation/start vertical & decks. Schedule/self perform in all aspects of construction. Participate in all aspects: manning project for staff/field w/ Filipino assistant, mat’l/formwork/equip. acquisition & logistics, buyouts/contracts before turning over to long term managers & US return.
Manila, Philippines 4/97 to 7/98
Asst. Gen’l Superintendent
Hyperion Waste Treatment Plant/225 million-take over existing plant demo, survey & site setup. Oversee/manage self performed work for concrete foundation, formwork & concrete placement w/17 supervisors & 250 man workforce. Oversee/coordinate Operating Engineers including: ten cranes for scheduling, earthwork & 5 concrete pumps. Manage/coordinate joint venture piping & all subs. Participate in job planning, formwork design & acquisition, crew hiring & supervision development. Volunteered for duty overseas to startup job takeover.
El Segundo, Ca. 2/96 to 4/97
10/94 to 2/96 DPR Construction Long Beach, Ca
Rockwell Chip Fab/250 million-core & shell on 20 acres. Participate in: site setup & scheduling. Responsible for: ground breaking ceremony for Mayor & Governor of Colorado, mass ex, site grading w/prep for 350 ton Skyhorse cranes, temp utilities, survey, permit applications, site batch plant setup. Managed caisson driller, surveyor & earthwork subs. Participate in selection/management of concrete sub & meps. Upon learning of Rockwell/Boeing merger & impending job shutdown, accepted offer from Tutor- Saliba.
Colorado Springs, Co. 10/95 to 4/96
Disney Arts Editions/5 million-high end T.I. buildout including self-performed concrete.
Burbank, Ca. 6/95 to 10/95
- Toyota Northridge/3 million-complete ground up buildout of car
Northridge, Ca. 9/94 to 6/95
12/91 to 9/94 Tutor-Saliba Corp. Sylmar, Ca.
Night Shift Project Superintendent
L.A. Coliseum Earthquake Renovation/100 million-Managed self
performed concrete operations & all subs. Coordinated survey,
hoisting, drilling, MEP & earthwork operations.
Los Angeles, Ca 1/94 to 9/94
Phase 2 Metrorail Redline/Vermont, Western & Normandie Stations. Formwork design & acquisition. Coordinated formwork & concrete placement, all subs.
Los Angeles, Ca. 12/91 to 1/94
Housing remodel 7/91 to 12/91
8/88 to 7/91 Peck Jones Construction Los Angeles, Ca.
Northpoint/15 million-assist super w/9 story steel structure GFRC clad core & shell/long beam parking structure. Manage/coordinate 2.5 mile widening of Sepulveda Blvd, remodel 1 acre landscape zone & new 1000’ long box culvert including relocation of 30” high pressure gas lines. Self performed architectural concrete.
Culver City, Ca. 7/90 to 7/91
500 N. Brand/50 million-Assist Super w/25 story steel structure Italian granite/precast concrete clad core & shell, low rise satellite bldg & long beam parking structure.
Glendale, Ca. 8/88 to 7/90
3/76 to 8/88 Ceco Corp L.A., Santa Ana, Ca.
6th period apprentice carpenter to Project Superintendent w/formwork & concrete subcontractor. Notable projects: Crystal Cathedral, Garden Grove, Ca, Hughes Corporate Headquarter, L.A, Ca.
9/72 to 3/76
Apprentice carpenter-various projects.
6/70 to 9/72
Carpenters Union Member
Former ACI Member
Leed GA training
OSHA 10Hour and 1st aid
Personal Leadership Training and Certificate
Workplace Harassment Training and Certificate
Misc Safety awards
Computer: Microsoft Project 2007, Excel, Word, CMIC, Prologue
References/Testimonials Available On Request
Similar ResumesSafety, Health and Environmental Manager
- environmental manager, psm, draftsman, csp, amazon,...Operating Engineer,Installation,Repair,Facilities Maintenance
- enviromental, stationary engineer, cfc,...Safety manager
- safety supervisor, enviromental,...Process engineer cement plant
- sena, assitant, enviromental, chemical engineer,...Analytical chemist
- varian, enviromental, analytical chemist,...Analytical Chemist
- enviromental, soils, analytical chemist, chemist,...Manufacturing United States Equipment Industrial
- enviromental, extension, canada, ok, manufacturing,...Site Supervisor / Engineer
- pampanga, phils, connector, sample, kuwait,...Project Manager Engineer Construction Technician
- sample, interchange, mechanic, boring, pavement,...Quality Assurance Management Engineer Manager
- statistician, ndt, cleveland ohio, ehs, metallurgy,...