**** ********* *****, ***** ****, Texas 77591
Email ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
Home ~ 409-***-****
Cell ~ 409.***.****
EXPERIENCE Nov., 2008-Present
BOOTS & COOTS
**** *. Sam Houston Parkway
Health Safety Environmental Project Specialist
Position Location- Libya, North Africa
Reports to: Larry Hatcher
1. Technical advisor in leading and continued implementation of applicable industry standards relating to Risk Management, relevant strategies, policies, and procedures.
2. Participates in activities of various aspects of HSE management systems; ensures compliance with applicable Risk Management and HSE standards and requirements; and ensures that best practices are appropriate in the organization
3. Interfaces with COMPANY functional and operational personnel at all levels of the organization, providing the leadership and coaching necessary to facilitate the implementation of systems and competency assurance assessments
4. Maintains a consistent client-focused approach and active team approach philosophy
5. His activities may include inspections, audits, assessments, safety meetings, risk identification, risk analysis, risk assessments, incident investigation, incident reporting, environmental issues and compliance.
6. Participates as an advisor and coach to COMPANY’s site personnel who, in their professional occupation as production and movement personnel, are on the job sites, workshops and work-related areas, and he ensures that the activities are in accordance with the industry standards.
7. Conducts audits, assists in development of audit protocols, manuals, audit-related checklists
8. Provides directions, leadership, data interpretation, and technical assistance to management operations
9. Conducts onsite training and drills as applicable
10. Develops a competency assurance assessment system by assessing the structure, skill sets and experience, in order to provide a progress methodology based and focused on professional development competencies
11. Provides technical support in the field to COMPANY’s operations in the framework of HSE competencies and culture.
FUGRO CONSULTANTS, INC
Health Safety, Environmental Specialist
April, 2008 – Nov. 2008- Contract
Health Safety Environmental Manager-Houston
Promote the maintenance of a safe incident free and healthy work environment.
Consults with various divisions on their safety requirements
1. Promote general safety policies and procedures to be followed by company personnel in compliance with local, state and federal rules and regulations.
2. Assist company personnel on proper planning of job activities and equipment usage to insure safe environment, perform audits to check for safe acts and conditions.
3. Assist in coordination and or participating in periodic HSE audits and inspections.
4. Assist in investigation of incidents, provides initial and follow up reports to health and Safety Manager or other regulatory authorities.
5. Assist in maintaining statistics for external and internal reporting, respond to client requests for pre and post job and contractual safety requirements.
6. Consult on design and use of equipment, laboratory, fire prevention and safety program.
7. Provide training in health and safety topics both to supervisors and employee groups.
8. Support the organizations workers compensation program.
9. Assist in maintaining safety files and records.
10. Assist in special projects as assigned.
11. Support and encourage continuous improvement of the company’s processes including safety program.
BP Carson Business Unit-QHSE Co-coordinator
November 2007 – April 2008
1. Finalize authorization of the entry permit after proper isolation requirements and acceptable entry conditions are present.
2. Write and issue permits (Hot Work/Confined Space).
3. Conduct air sampling/gas testing at every access point to the confined space.
4. Indicate on entry permit, all restrictions and PPE needed for safe entry.
5. Void entry authorization, whenever conditions are unacceptable.
6. Assist in the annual review of the confined space permit program to ensure that employees are protected from confined space hazards.
7. Monitor implementation of safety and loss prevention plans.
8. Comply with Corporate HSE Management System.
9. Conduct site and area surveys to determine safe limits of exposure.
10. Conduct safety meetings on a routine basis.
11. Investigate safety incidences.
12. Perform field safety verifications of safety practices.
13. Audits permits JSAs, JHAs.
Yo Yo 1 Well
Independent Contractor (1099)
August 2007 – October 2007
1 Oversee, standardize, maintain, and implement the Health, Safety and Environmental policies and programs for the US operations.
2 Identifying and interpreting all applicable Legislation, Regulations, and Codes, ensuring communication of such to all Managers and Coordinators within Noble Energy.
3 Liaison within company Managers, Coordinators, and Supervisors to ensure understanding of their roles and responsibilities, with regard to the Noble Energy Safety Program.
4 Conducting site inspections, job safety analysis, and hazard assessments to determine if health and safety standards are being met – for appropriate procurement and application of personal protective and safety equipment and for the development of necessary Safe Operating Procedures, where applicable.
5 Conducting incident investigations to determine root cause(s) and contributory factors; the reporting of findings to Noble Management and suggestions for follow-up actions aimed at preventing a reoccurrence.
6 Maintenance accurate records of accident/incident frequency; employee injury rates; property/equipment damage.
7 Coordinating or conducting training sessions for all employees when required by, or as applicable toward, company operations and needs and/or regulatory requirements for the U.S.
2003-2007 J. Ray McDermott Inc.
P.O. Box 188 Morgan City La. 70381 985-***-****
Experience in the development and enhancement of Management Systems, auditing and inspecting the following areas: HSE Management Systems audits, health and safety audits, contractor audits, quality audits and regulatory and legislative compliance inspections. Degree/Certificate in Health, safety and environment. Certified safety auditor. Experience with a sound knowledge of OSHA regulations. Performed incident investigations. Conducted audits to assist in establishing a process to measure non-conformances , along with maintaining a library of all audits and training performed relevant to vessel or support vessels. These audits consist of Internal Quality Audits, Internal safety Audits, and Alert Audits. Liaison between shore base personnel and vessel relevant to QA issues, while maintaining Quality and training records an relative codes/standards. Arranged safety start-up and job close-out meetings and issued preventative maintenance work orders to expedite corrective action closures. Firm knowledge of industry norms and capable of identifying defects. Conduct new hire safety orientation. Present weekly and monthly required safety training. Review and audit all contractor training requirements, while working with Managers to identify training needs. Assist in the coordination and presentation of all associated training needs.
• Ethical, professional and independent approach to training
• Excellent organizational, communication and leadership skills
• Diplomacy in carrying out audits
• Excellent observational and perceptive skills
• The ability to be versatile and flexible
1999-2003 Reel Group/Rig Blast USA
1800 Sherwood Forest, Houston, TX. 832-***-****
Safety Inspector / Auditor
Duties: Interface with Regulatory Agencies (USCG, ABS and MMS) to manage compliance of rig/vessel fleet. Interface with rig Managers, Rig Superintendents, rig crews and third party contractors on compliance issues. Track, schedule and coordinate all regulatory inspections/surveys with regulatory agencies and rig essential personnel. Attend and supervise regulatory inspections/surveys with regulatory agencies and rig essential personnel. Attend and supervise regulatory inspections/surveys while coordinating the clearance of all deficiencies and outstanding requirements issued. Interfaced with Project Managers for assistance in repairs associated with regulatory inspections.
1991-1999 BP Amoco Oil Company
2401 5th Ave, Texas City, TX. 409-***-****
Duties: Conducted surveys of plant processing equipment relevant to OSHA. EPA and other Government Agencies standards and codes. Implemented performance improvement programs for various plant groups and responsible for the organization and correlation of inspection results and report writing. Surveys consisted of inspections of piping systems & process equipment mechanical damage, internal and external corrosion evaluations, along with audits and vessel and tank inspections. Inspected waste water and storm water utility systems in a manner set out to insure that safety requirements were being met. Inspected all structures pertaining to source of supply and purification for their safety, physical and structural integrity and for leaks, including sedimentation basins, filters, and clear wells; chemical feed equipment, pumping equipment and water storage facilities. Write and issue permits (Hot Work/Confined Space.) Conduct air sampling/ gas testing. Audit permits JSA’s JHA’s. Perform field safety verifications on safety practices. Completed Operations Development course. Familiar with all phases of operations and process safety management. Coordinates and conducts field audits & inspections of pipeline systems operations & facilities in order to determine conformance to state & federal regulations, investigates & reviews related records of operators compliance with federal Pipeline Safety standards (i.e., 49 CFR sections 191,192, 199 & 40) & State pipeline safety rules. This included operators equipment, pipeline pressure control & design criteria, overpressure protection devices, corrosion control procedures to preserve integrity of steel pipe systems.
1979-1980 Lamar University, Beaumont, Texas
1988-1990 Brazosport Technical College Lake Jackson, Texas
Associates Degree/Quality Assurance
1992 University of Houston
ISO-9000 Certification Training
Certified Safety Inspector
Certified Safety Auditor
OSHA General Industry 10-hr
Process Safety Management 20-hr
OSHA 501 Construction Safety
COSS- Certified Occupational Safety Specialist
ISO 9001:2000 & ISO 18001:2007
Similar ResumesLicensed Professional Counselor - Intern
Kyle, TX - new orleans, qmhp, tr, pathologist, therapist,...Manager Project Management Quality Control Engineer
Canada - manager project, geologists, microchip, 8th, hse,...C#, .Net, VB.Net, MS SQL, Oracle developer
Dallas, TX - examples, developer, csharp, dba,...Engineer Sales Customer Service Call Center Project Management
Riverside, CA - service call, icm, asterisk, dallas texas, sip,...Marketing Manager
Bakersfield, CA - seo, search, engine, organic, marketing manager,...Design Engineer-Pro/E
United States - andy, ead, manifolds, mechanical design engineer,...Public Safety/Security Officer
St.Louis, MO - aed, st louis, asp, baton, established, patrol,...Engineer Engineering Project Management Design
Canada, AB - cadworx, construction company, pdms, geophysics,...business Administration
United States - e2, business administration, june 2013, nurse,...Project Planning & control Engineer
United States - project server, cce, staad, p6, ielts, bazar, engr,...