Roman C. Scott
Triangle, VA 22172
**/**-**/** ****** States Army Signal Support Systems Specialist
Maintenance Shop NCOIC
Managed development and evaluative enforcement methods and techniques to studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of quality assurance program operations. Tracked initiative requirements of major issues; program goals; objectives; work processes; and administrative operation standards of the organization using law regulations and policies through a project life cycle.
• Maintained daily operation of the maintenance shop and a staff of six. Maintained training records on all staff members. Allocated and adjusted workload to keep up with the unit’s requirements.
• Managed maintenance and security of various types of tactical communication equipment worth over $100 million dollars.
• Acted as the Company’s Communication Security (COMSEC) Custodian, responsible for the following: Material receipt, Inventory, Transfer, Accounting, Destruction, and Reporting of COMSEC.
• Monitored requisitions and receipts of repair parts for communication equipment inducted in the maintenance lifecycle and ensured that repairs were done properly.
• Ensured operational readiness of the entire unit’s communication equipment maintained at 90% or higher.
• Managed company unit maintenance section monthly fiscal budget of $5,000.00 for repair parts of the tactical communication equipment.
• Drafted daily status reports of equipment input in the maintenance lifecycle.
• Prepared communication equipment set-up in the Tactical Operational Center
• Ensured military vehicles properly communicated with other vehicles during convoy maneuvers.
Assistant Communication Representative
Served as LCC (Local Control Center) Shift Supervisor and Primary Key Custodian of the Communication Security (COMSEC).
• Tested equipment functions such as signal strength and quality, transmission capacity, interference, and signal delay, using equipment such as oscilloscopes, circuit analyzers, frequency meters, and wattmeters. Set-up communication for the company.
• Installed, adjusted, and repaired stationary and mobile radio transmitting and receiving equipment and two-way radio communication systems.
• Examined malfunctioning radio equipment to locate defects such as loose connections, broken wires, or burned out components, using schematics diagrams and test equipment.
• Maintained and performed operational checks on the company’s communication equipment which was installed on various military platforms.
• Acted as Company COMSEC & KEYS custodian.
Field Radio Operator/Maintainer
Performed technical duties that involved Desk-Top-Interface and Windows NT duties on a classified system. Received and transmitted confidential information to and from government establishments worldwide. Maintained hardware and executive software. Installed telephone and intercom systems in lieu of the COMSEC responsibility. Acted as a Telecommunications Supervisor, Window NT System Administrator, Local Control Center Systems/Supervisor and Network Administrator.
• Communicated with receiving operators in order to exchange transmission instructions.
• Maintained station logs of messages transmitted and received for various activities.
• Monitored emergency frequencies in order to detect distress calls and respond by dispatching emergency equipment.
• Conducted equipment inspections and routine test to ensure that operations standards are met
• Examined and tested new equipment prior to installation in order to ensure that it performs properly (Includes inspecting and testing lines and cables to assess transmission characteristics and locate faults & malfunctions).
Training and Certifications
Signal Support Systems School - 2003
Basic Training United States Army -2003
Operating Systems - Windows XP
Software Application – Microsoft Office Professional
2 ARMY COMMENDATION MEDAL/ARMY GOOD CONDUCT MEDAL/2 NATIONAL DEFENSE SERVICE MEDAL/ GLOBAL WAR ON TERRORISM EXPEDITIONARY MEDAL/ GLOBAL WAR ON TERRORISM SERVICE MEDAL/2 IRAQ CAMPAIGN MEDAL/ ARMY SERVICE RIBBON/ OVERSEAS SERVICE RIBBON
Fairfax, VA - patent, signal, surgery, electrical engineering,...
Arlington, VA - signal, patent, sales engineer, audio, analog,...
Alexandria, VA - signal, five, electrical engineering, co,...
Osceola, IA - pest, signal, wire, army, 1997, satellite, systems,...
Human Resources Sales
Quantico, VA - verizon, angela, watch, security officer, va,...
Triangle, VA - bottle, bio, sterile, labs, tech, maryland,...
Triangle, VA - cpr, training school, day, 1st, training, house,...