Method development for pathogen detection
(DOB: Jun. **, ****; POB: Xi’an, China)
I am a hardworking researcher; a self-starter with great personality; interested in the obtaining a position within your organization where my professional experience, education and abilities would be an advantage to the growth of my employer and myself.
Aug. 2008 - May 2012 Ph.D. Microbiology
The University of Southern Mississippi, MS, USA
Aug. 2005 - Aug. 2008 M.S. Molecular Biology
The University of Southern Mississippi, MS, USA
Sep. 2000 - Jul. 2003 M.S. Microbiology
Northwest University, Shaanxi, China
Sep. 1996 - Jul. 2000 B.S. Biological Sciences
Shaanxi University of Technology, Shaanxi, China
Jan. 2011 - May 2012 Graduate teaching assistant (Human Biology lab, General Microbiology lab, and Medical Microbiology lab), The University of Southern Mississippi, MS, USA
Sep. 2003 - Jul. 2005 Advisor (undergraduate students), instructor (Experimental Design & Analysis, Microbiology lab, and Biochemistry), Huaiyin Institute of Technology, Jiangsu, China
• Outstanding Teaching Award, Huaiyin Institute of Tech. 2004
• Rong Zhijie prize, Shaanxi Univ. of Tech. 2000
• Excellent Student Scholarship, Shaanxi Univ. of Tech. 1996 - 2000
• Xunyan Ye, R.D. Ellender, and Shiao Y. Wang. 2012. Detection and genotyping of human norovirus in freshwater creeks in Mississippi. In preparation to Applied and Environmental Microbiology.
• Xunyan Ye, R.D. Ellender, and Shiao Y. Wang. 2012. An improved method to detect norovirus in oysters using probe hybridization to enrich target RNA and RT-qPCR. Submitted to Journal of Virological Methods.
• V. Harwood , M. Brownell, S. Wang, J. Lepo, R. Ellender, A. Ajidahun, K. Hellein, E. Kennedy, X. Ye, and C. Flood. 2009. Validation and field testing of library-independent microbial source tracking methods in the Gulf of Mexico. Water Research. 43: 4812-19.
• Xunyan Ye and Yun Zhang. 2005. Protoplast preparation of Jisongrong mushroom (Agaricus blazei). Journal of Microbiology. 25 (6): 106 -109.
• Xunyan Ye. 2005. Producing nucleic acid in bacillus JSM1601. China Biotech. B04: 299-302.
• Xunyan Ye, R.D. Ellender, and Shiao Y. Wang. Bioaccumulation and depuration of murine noroviruses by freshwater clams (Corbicula fluminea), American Society of Microbiology 111th General Meeting, New Orleans, LA, 2011.
• Xunyan Ye, R.D. Ellender, and Shiao Y. Wang. Development of a probe hybridization method to facilitate detection of noroviruses in oysters. American Society of Microbiology 110th General Meeting, San Diego, CA, 2010.
• Brownell, M.J., V.J. Harwood, J. E. Lepo, S.Y. Wang, K.N. Hellein, E.M. Kennedy, and X. Ye. Field testing of library-independent microbial source tracking methods in the Gulf of Mexico. American Society for Microbiology 110th General Meeting, San Diego, CA, 2010.
• Xunyan Ye, R.D. Ellender, and Shiao Y. Wang. A comparison of methods to concentrate viruses from environmental waters using MS2 as a model. American Society of Microbiology 108th General Meeting, Boston, MA, 2008.
• A filter-based PMA technique to distinguish live- from membrane-compromised microorganisms in environmental waters using qPCR. 2010.
• Evaluation of PCR additives for microorganism detection in environmental waters. 2009.
• Detection of human pathogens or indicator microorganisms (avian influenza viruses, enterococci, salmonella, bacterial phage MS2, polyomaviruses, bacteroidales, and M. Smithii) by conventional PCR, real time PCR, plaque assay or MALDI-TOF. 2008 - 2009.
• Concentration and detection of human noroviruses in environmental waters using hollow fiber ultra-filtration method. Master thesis. The Univ. of Southern Missi.”. 2005 - 2008.
• Gene expression of C. elegan N2 using cDNA microarray and qPCR. 2005 - 2006.
• Mutation breeding of Agaricus blazei murill using He-Ne laser. Master thesis. Northwest Univ. (China). 2000 - 2003.
• Analysis of amino acid in rice using HPLC. Bachelor thesis. Shaanxi Univ. of Tech. (China). 1999 -2000.
• Experimental techniques: microbial culture, Gram Stain, streak for isolation, DNA/RNA/protein extraction, restriction enzyme digestion, reverse transcription, qPCR, cloning, DNA sequencing, gel electrophoresis, SDS-PAGE, HPLC, MALDI-TOF, cell/tissue culture, virus propagation, plaque assay
• Presentation and data analysis: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Sigmaplot, statistical software (JMP IN, SPSS, and R package), bioinformatics analysis (primer design, BLAST, DNASTAR lasergene, and MEGA)
• Experiment design, method development, and report writing, knowledge of SOPs, basic computer skills, advanced calculator skills, good communication skills
• R.D. Ellender
• Glen Shearer
Classes Taken at The University of Southern Mississippi
(Classes taken at two previous universities are not listed here)
Class Credit hour Grade
Pathogenic Microbiology 3 B
Microbial Physiology 3 C
Molecular Biology 3 A
Bioinformatics 4 A
Environmental Microbiology 3 B
Environmental Microbiology Lab 1 A
Molecular Ecology 2 A
Molecular Ecology Lab 2 A
Current Topic in Organic Chemistry 3 A
Virology 3 B
Viral Pathogenesis & Diagnosis 3 B
Professional Development in Teaching 1 P
Biological Science Seminar 3 P
Dissertation 22 E
Research 141 A
Cumulative GPA 197 3.8
Similar ResumesPart Time Company Worker Years Com 2012 Canada
United States - 2years, hospitality, md, canada, pass, dist,...Electrical Engineer Project Business Management
Canada, Vaughan, ON - business management, electrical engineer, iran,...Poduction Supervisor
Hazlehurst, MS - cnc, letter, machine operator, operator, hospital,...Quality Control Medical Technologist Clinical
Mize, MS - technologist, medical technologist, generalist,...Research Associate / Associate Scientist
United States - mumbai, houston, instrumentation, pharma,...Medical Experience Health Clinical Manager Center
Oklahoma City, OK - icu, oklahoma, pathology, wilson, clinical, exp,...Banquet Server Position This
Grand Prairie, TX - banquet, banquet server, server, prairie, grand...Scientist with molecular biology and cytogenetics skills
Los Angeles, CA - example, samples, singapore, technologist,...Data Analyst, Statistician
United States - example, developer, mining, sas, org, cover,...Customer Service New York Medical Assistant Entry Level
JAMAICA, NY - entry level, medical assistant, jamaica, msn,...