Donald B. Archer **** ********** *****
Orlando, Florida 32809(754)-***-****
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a marine mechanic (diversified as a power plant technician) with over thirty years of experience to also include parts and service management in the marine industry. I am seeking a position in the marine industry as a technician/mechanic, a service manager or as an instructor. I feel my extensive experience and expertise would make me a valuable and ideal candidate for these positions.
1976- Graduated from Northeast High School-Northeast, Maryland.
1976-Studied basic electricity at South Street Museum-New York, New York.
1977-Studied for outboard Technician at Evinrude Service School-Fairfield, New Jersey.
1977-Studied AQ-Gas, heavy duty diesel at Volvo Penta-Northeast, Maryland.
1978-Studied ignition tune-up at Power Ready-Northeast, Maryland.
1979-Studied carburetor tune-ups at Power Ready-Northeast, Maryland.
1979-Studied Yanmar Diesel theory at Mac Boring-Union, New Jersey.
1981-Studied outboard tech-I at OMC Training Center-Parrasippany, New Jersey.
1981-1986-Enlisted in the United States Navy . Left with an honorable discharge.
1982-1984- Studied the following at United States Navel Schools and obtained the equivalent of an AA Degree in electronic engineering while in the United States Navy:
1) Basic electricity and electronics
2) Avionic Technician
3) Advanced Avionic technician
4) Avionics corrosion control
5) Computer Programming
6) Search Radar
7) Substance abuse prevention
8) Drafting and Blueprint reading
9) Leadership and Management
10) Shipboard fire fighting and safety
1990-Studied SX, DPX Sterndrive at Volvo Penta-Fortlauderdale,Florida
1991-Studied 280, 290, SX stern drive at Volvo Penta -Fortlauderdale, Florida
1) Marine Technologies-performed trouble shooting and repair techniques of the following boat systems:
*AC/DC wiring *electronics *gelcoat
*plumbing *air conditioning
2) Powerplant Technician-completed diagnosis, repair and installation of the following:
*mercruiser, Volvo, omc stern drives
*mercury, omc, yamaha outboards
*mercruiser, Volvo, cruisader, crysler, marine power inboards
*onan, westerbake, kohler generators
*designed and directed construction of parts and service departments
*managed service schedules and initiated work orders
*ordered, stocked and sold parts
*coordinated warranty and insurance claims
*supervised avionics shop for three years while in United States Navy
*implemented procedures and directed service personell during sale of marina.
1) KMC Marine-03/2007 to 07/2009. Marine Mechanic
Lighthouse Point, Florida
2) Five Star Marine-01/1999 to 05/2007. Marine Mechanic
Pompano Beach, Florida
3) Hurricane Marine-12/1997 to 09/1998. Marine Mechanic
Deerfield Beach, Florida
4) Ocean Harbour Marine-03/1997 to 1997. Marine Mechanic
Pompano Beach, Florida
5) Lightening Marine-06/1997 to 10/1997. Marine Mechanic.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
6) Self Employed-01/1998 to 06/1997. Independent contractor for marine mechanic work
7) First Marine Group-10/1994 to 12/1995. Marine mechanic.
8) Jackson Marine Sales-11/1992 to 12/1993. Marine Mechanic
References will be furnished upon request.