**** ****** ****, ***** ******, CA 92308
• Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments.
• Capable of accomplishing projects with little supervision.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
• Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
• Fantastic customer service ethic with high expectations for quality.
• Progressive work experience, which lead to managerial positions.
• Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, email and extensive research web searches.
Program Director, Independent Consultant
Ekata Martial Arts & Fitness
November, 2008 - 2010
• Plan and implement marketing, public relations and programs to increase membership growth and retention.
• Responsible for meeting the needs of existing and potential students through the professional delivery of the Ekata Martial Arts & Fitness program; including new program sales, services and support.
• Acts as the first contact that a client has with the Ekata program's structure, features and benefits. Review and assists families evaluate the programs offered, assisting in the contract process.
• Develop comprehensive student recruitment and outreach strategy to target potential students throughout the Santa Clarita Valley.
• Perform secretarial, confidential and administrative assignments pertaining to job responsibilities.
• Establish work schedules and assign work to staff members
• Monitor and review programming in order to ensure that schedules are met, guidelines are adhered to, and performances are of adequate quality.
January - November, 2008
• Successfully launched a new trade show in New York City from start to finish in less than 4 months drawing an attendee base of over 2000 participants. In addition to New York, produced two shows in Los Angeles and one in Chicago both with 3000+ attendees, all within 9 months.
• Generated 13+, two – three day highly technical High Definition education workshops in various locations across the US, in addition to the quarterly trade shows.
• Initiated venue selection and negotiation, floor plan creation and maintenance, pipe/drape floor plan, electrical floor plan, complicated audiovisual layout and flow of foot traffic. Oversaw onsite construction of trade show and workshop floors, managing service contractors, labor unions, electrical contractor and all freight deliveries.
• Interviewed, hired and managed vendors in disciplines such as production, logistics, catering, ground and aerial transportation, registration, décor, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing, event security and housing.
• Created strict event timelines to keep operations on target and within budget parameters.
• Prepare pre-show packets for each exhibiting company outlining all trade show details.
Speakers Bureau Coordinator/ Event Planner
April – October 2007
• Negotiated and contracted event space, arrange food and beverage, ordered supplies and audiovisual equipment, made travel arrangements, ordered event signs, and ensure appropriate décor (floral, linens, color schemes, etc.) to meet the quality expectations of each event.
• Aggressively gather information on each project to achieve quality event productions.
• Conducted research, made site visits, and found resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
• Created and revised room layouts for each event.
• Proposed new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
• Served as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
• Assisted with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
• Coordinated registration process, prepared nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags; registration lists, seating cards, etc.
• Assisted with preparing budgets and provided periodic progress reports to staff for each event project.
• Kept track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
• Prepared and modified event contracts, if needed.
• Conducted all pre and post conference meetings, outlining all staff and vendor expectations per event.
Corporate Event Planner
Ownit Mortgage Solutions
January 2002 – December 2006
• Produced over 50 trade shows per year for three consecutive years
• Produced Annual Sales Meetings (350 people), President’s Club International incentive trips (100 people), Sales Trainings (amount varied) and Board of Directors Meetings (40 people) were produced. Attendee satisfaction ratings consistently exceeded 98%. The service levels for each event where over 98%.
• Oversaw site-selection, contract negotiation and execution of international incentive trips. Adhered to all international laws and regulations, disseminated information concerning international business practices and local customs.
• Negotiated with vendors for services such as; facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event security, accommodation and transportation for participants.
• Responsible for disseminating accurate show logistics via website, management of exhibitor list, maintaining database to reflect accurate sponsorship levels and data.
• Worked with product management/marketing teams to coordinate demonstrations, registration, and booth staffing schedules, travel, and hotel reservations.
• Supervised conference installation & dismantling teams during events.
• Supervised exhibit house workflow, maintenance schedule, storage, cataloging, inventorying and management of all exhibit assets.
• Maintained records of event aspects, including financial details. Budget planning, tracking and reporting of individual events including ordering and post show invoice reconciliation.
• Conducted post-event evaluations in order to determine how future events could be improved.
Certified Meeting Planner designation in progress
Chemeketa Community College, Salem, OR
Newberg High School, Newberg OR
Similar ResumesIT/eCommerce Marketing & Sales Manager
- ecommerce, 90k, recruiter, entrepreneur, merchant,...Sales/Event Planning and Event Operations Manager
- sous, chef, sous chef, banquet, marriott,...Event Planner, Sales Associate, Program Manager
- program director, adm, decor, minister, jazz,...Experienced Admin/Office Mgmt/Cust Svc
- sample, sales reps, mos, admin, reps, karen,...Service Customer Management Sales Project Systems
Pompano Beach, FL
- r12, mss, forman, sas, avaya, pair, matthew,...Relationship Manager
- hairdresser, cash handling experience,...Customer Service Manager Sales Management Quality Control
- sabre, bts, hair, avaya, ats, salon,...Digital Marketing/E-Commerce Executive
- trabajo, omniture, ambassadors, adwords,...Manager
- relays, midland, carpet, injection, pl, lube,...Business Management Analyst Sales Financial Marketing
- jeff, justin, spa, management analyst, chattanooga,...