DONALD NAGEL*** ***** ******
Lagrange Park, IL(708) ***-****
Responsible and dedicated printing professional with extensive experience of operating and maintaining printing equipment. Flexible, organized and particularly effective in a demanding environment where day to day operations must be completed within strict schedules. Known to demonstrate strong commitment to producing quality products that meet company goals.
MERRILL CORPORATION, Mount Prospect, IL 1992 to 2009
Communications Company specializing in time sensitive financial documents.
First Pressman 4 Unit Harris V-22 Web Press
Trained and supervised a four person crew for receiving and executing print orders. Maintained inventory of ink and necessary products utilized for production. Initiated and adapted work schedules that accommodated customer requests. Effectively maintained press to prevent machine downtime. Mixed and matched ink samples.
Second Pressman 4 Unit Harris V-22 Web Press
Preformed for all Second Pressman duties including running and maintaining Martin Splicer’s. Assisted First Pressmen with register and ink flow. Accurately calculated paper usage for each job. Set up Martin stacker for each job effectively
• Produced quality work while quantity of products needed decreased.
• Reduced paper waste.
• Worked months of overtime without regular crew to consistently met deadlines saving company time and reduced printing cost.
• Generated alternative work schedules that met company and customer demands.
• Maximized production and prevented downtime by inspecting and performing preventive maintenance on printing machines.
SORG PRINTING COMPANY, Chicago, IL 1981 to 1992
Communications Company specializing in all forms of printing.
First Pressman 4 Unit Goss Web Press
Received and executed print orders. Prepared and processed time sensitive documents and completed within designated time frame.
Pressman 29 inch Miehle
Operated and preformed all job related duties.
Feeder on 4 Color Miller and 6 Color Miehle
Assisted and preformed all job related duties as needed.
• Demonstrated flexibility by working on both sheet fed and web presses, ensuring easy scheduling for management.
Diploma, Kennedy High School, 1979, Chicago, IL